Dr. Don Coonce MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Cape Girardeau, MO

3.4

April 3rd, 2017
Was told to call back if we didn't hear from them in two weeks..called back first time left message but no one called me back. Called second time nurse didn't understand Drs directions so she was to call me back. Waited another week called them again and was told I was on her list to call today but still no appt with specialist and that she would call me back. Still waiting after almost 4 weeks. Dr Coonce seemed pretty good but if he's that busy and his help can't keep up he needs to hire someone I would think.

March 10th, 2015
Dr. Coonce takes time to explain everything with you and all concerns, very compassionate. excellent doctor

July 10th, 2014
Bad experience.
I took my 6 year old son to see Dr. Coonce after a very bad bike wreck that broke his nose. Dr. Coonce spent very little time with us upon our first meeting and in fact I spent about twenty minutes with the nurse who had to relay messages and ask him questions for me while he was with another patient. The post operation visit was jot any better. He walked in the room and said well his nose is still crooked. I commented about the fact that he still could not breathe out of the left side of his nose and the doctor said he didn't know but maybe it would get better when the swelling went down. Once again a very short visit with questions left unanswered. He did prescribe amoxicillin even though he said he did not think he had an infection. When I called the next day to ask if he could prescribe a different antibiotic because it was so awful my son had trouble taking it he informed me that Hayden was very difficult since he wouldn't let him look at his broke nose and that I needed to step up and be a parent. Basically he made a stressful situation horrible and I am still not convinced he did what was needed during surgery since my son came out looking worse, with no improvement to his breathing. I am very disappointed with the care my son received and Dr. Coonce's behavior.

July 1st, 2010
Dr. Coonce
I would recommend Dr. Coonce to anyone who is having thyroid problems. Dr. Coonce removed half of my thyroid. Dr. Coonce is vey professional, very informatvie, very knowledgeable and very kind. I do not have any scars left from my thyroid surgery. My surgery was performed at St. Francis and I love this hospital! Thank you Dr. Coonce!!!!!!