Otolaryngologist, Facial Plastic Surgery
Video profile

Dr. Lerner cares only about his paycheck, his status, and his ego. show details Dr. Lerner cares only about his paycheck, his status, and his ego.
by Cate on Jul 17th, 2015

I would not recommend Dr. Lerner in the least. My experience with him has left no redeeming qualities in the least. I arrived at my appointment on time and checked in; I had previously filled out and faxed my paperwork online. I called the morning of my appointment to confirm they received my paperwork and they confirmed that yes, they had. Then, about fifteen minutes after waiting to be called, the staff called me up to inform me they lost my paperwork and could I please fill it out again. I completed the 7 pages again and handed then in. Close to an hour in the waiting room I was finally seen by the doctor. He was very cold and direct, never made eye contact, and never once smiled. I reassured myself by thinking that I don’t need to be friends with my doctor; I just need to feel as though he is competent. He examined me for less than 2 minutes using no other equipment that a lighted scope and concluded I needed intensive surgery. This wasn’t a surprise as an ENT recommended a few years ago I have the same procedure done. After that, he told me to schedule it with his office and was preparing to walk out. I had to ask him to stay so I could ask questions about my surgery. He was literally going to leave giving me no information at all about a 6 hour surgery that requires an overnight hospital stay. He answered my questions curtly and often laughed condescendingly after them – making me feel very embarrassed and uncomfortable. After doing extensive research at home, I decided to go forward with the surgery and called his office to schedule it. Because he was going on vacation, the earliest he could do the surgery was a date that was only 2 and a half weeks from when I need to move to law school (in Virginia) to start my first semester. I was worried I would not have enough recovery time. I explained this to the nurse on the phone and she said it’s possible, but that I was cutting it close. I ask her to very tentatively schedule me for that date, but that I still need to talk to my parents and get their insight, as my mom would be my primary caregiver during recovery, and I would get back to their office with a definite. After consulting my family, a calendar, and thinking about it, I just thought it wasn’t a good idea to move states away and start law school while still technically recovering from surgery. My solution was to contact another doctor in the Baptist ENT group to see if it was possible he could see me and do my surgery any earlier in order to ensure I was as healthy as possible for the start of school. If this was possible, I planned to immediately contact Dr. Lerner’s office and let them know. I explained the situation to the new doctor’s office carefully stating that this was nothing personal, merely a scheduling conflict and at the end of the day I needed the surgery and wanted to be as healthy as possible. They said they would speak to the doctor and call me back. About thirty minutes after this phone call, I got a call from Dr. Lerner’s office from the same woman who told me I would be “cutting it close” if I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Lerner. They informed me because I “went behind his back” to another surgeon, he will no longer care for me as his patient or do my surgery. I explained to her that it was on their office’s concern that I reached out to another physician just about SCHEDULING and nothing else. I explained to her that my health is my priority and I did not mean to step on anyone’s toes but that it wasn’t my fault Dr. Lerner was going on vacation. I merely was trying to schedule an invasive, intensive surgery earlier to ensure I recovered from it in a way that worked with my life and needs and as a member of the health profession, should that not be completely reasonable especially since you were the person who said I was cutting it close? They were cold and indifferent and just repeated that he refuses to treat me. At the end of the day, I think I lucked out because I would never want to be in the care of a man like that. I found the entire thing to be selfish, immature, and quite frankly absurd. It just emphasized to me that Dr. Lerner cares only about his paycheck, his status, and his ego – not his patients.

by Mary on Apr 6th, 2015

I have seen Dr. Lerner on a couple of occasions. I did not have to wait long. He staff was very nice and friendly and Dr. Lerner has a very nice demeanor.

fabulous show details fabulous
by william bosurgi on Feb 18th, 2014

Dr Lerner performed 3 surgeries on me involving cancer and I must say I was totally satisfied with his expertise,

Dr. Lerner is an incredible doctor! Highly recommended! show details Dr. Lerner is an incredible doctor! Highly recommended!
by Amy N. on Mar 2nd, 2013

Dr. Lerner has treated my severe sinus problems for several years. He is a brilliant doctor. He is always very attentive, courteous, and caring. I recommend him highly!

This guy is HORRIBLE!!!! show details This guy is HORRIBLE!!!!
Sep 27th, 2012

I have been seeing ear Dr.'s ALL MY LIFE (hole in ear drum) - After Dr. Middlekauff retired and Dr. Laucks passed... I stayed with the office due to 18 yrs of records. I have to have my ear CLEANED at least yearly.... I am IN SEVERE PAIN and my ear is BLEEDING after a cleaning... 18 years I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN UNTIL HIM!!! WILL NOT BE BACK!!

Not a real plastic surgeon show details Not a real plastic surgeon
Sep 26th, 2012

I went in to fix a broken nose. Dr. Lerner did not fix my nose, rather he said he needed a second try to do better. I refused his second try yet he still charged me thousands of dollars for the first try.

Sep 24th, 2012

Excellent physician, very easy to communicate with, results of my surgery were better than anticipated

Dr. Lerner is exceptional!! show details Dr. Lerner is exceptional!!
Aug 23rd, 2012

Dr. Lerner has performed sinus surgery on me, and I was very happy with the results! He is great!

Jul 30th, 2012

A very caring and thoughtful approach to patient. Highly recommend.

Excellent caring doctor show details Excellent caring doctor
Jul 3rd, 2012

I had no trouble getting an appointment. Dr. Lerner took time to listen to my problems. He provided excellent care. I have recommended him to my neighbors.

I rate Dr .Lerner at the top show details I rate Dr .Lerner at the top
Aug 28th, 2011

I couldn't be happier with the service I received at Dr. Lerner's practice. I would recommend him. I used him for his basic medical spa service: botox, restylane. Very knowledgeable. They did not try to talk me into anything I did not need. Actually Dr. Lerner talked me out of a procedure. Great results

/Exquisite Care show details /Exquisite Care
Mar 29th, 2008

I went in thinking I was going to have far more plastic surgery than Dr. Lerner ended up suggesting. Small procedures that took no time at all with very little recovery time made me look ten years younger. I love the fact that he recommended less rather than more. How refreshing. He is a master