Emergency Physician
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
Syringomyelia show details Syringomyelia
by Suzanne Depatie on Oct 18th, 2013

Hi , I'm trying to find out if this is the Dr. Penney Who was a doctor at the Cornwall General hospital in Dec. 1989 I would really like to let him know how I'm doing ,Also he was a very pleasant and exellent Dr,he treated me very nice and i would like to thank him for his exellent care of me. I have Syringomyelia . Sue Depatie(Cornwall,Ontario) Very Good Bedside manners

Failed Back Surgery show details Failed Back Surgery
Dec 17th, 2011

I had heard good things about this doctor, but after major surgery, I'm much worse off. His office staff won't return my calls, or give me a return appointment. No other local neurosurgeons will take his patients, so I can only get follow-up in another state. I'm facing permanent pain & suffering the rest of my life. BTW, if you have such a surgical injury, you must file a lawsuit within 12 months, or it will be thrown out! Wow.

One Year Out show details One Year Out
Jul 18th, 2011

One year out and I'm still having problems. He needs a PA or NP to help. He will not return calls if you have any problems. He operates and hten you are done. So, if it's a great success then GREAT! If not, you're out of luck.

Nov 21st, 2010

clarification: i have not seen Dr.Penney as a patient, but is speaking as a co-worker on his behalf. I work in the O.R. with him on almost a daily basis and this man is WONDERFUL and BRILLIANT. NOT arrogant at all..the most easy going human there is. He is an excellent surgeon. Perhaps, all cases may not turn out 100%...no surgeon has a 100% sucess rate, but he is a perfectionist and gives each and every case his absolute BEST and he has success more often than not (by far). So, these people who are less than satisfied, maybe had underlying problems that made their case turn out less than perfect and maybe using him as a scapegoat when the problem (smoker,non-compliant, etc) may lie within. Dr. Penney is a God send and a true good samaritan/humanitarian.

Dr Penney saved my son's life! show details Dr Penney saved my son's life!
by Jan Kelly on Oct 20th, 2010

He receives my highest recommendation. He immediately recognized my son had a very rare, but life-threatening condition in the emergency room and acted with both caution and diligence to save his eyesight and his life. I was kept informed of all risks at all times. He patiently answered all my questions in simple, laymen terms.I will be eternally grateful to Dr Penney.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by john on Aug 10th, 2010

I wouldn't be walking now if it weren't for him. Trying to get in to see him can take a while, but there is a reason he is backlogged. He is not arogant, just straight forward. So far he has performed surgery on me, my father, my mother, my brother in-law, & two uncles. They are all doing great!

DR.DON PENNEY. WORST DR. EVER, ARROGANT,MONEY HUNGRY DR. show details DR.DON PENNEY. WORST DR. EVER, ARROGANT,MONEY HUNGRY DR.
by RENEE on Feb 26th, 2010

HE HAS RUINED MY BACK. WORST ,FAKE ARROGANT DR. I HAVE EVER MET. PLEASE NEVER LET HIM LAY A HAND ON YOU ,YOU WILL BE SO SORRY YOU DID. IF YOU WANT HIM TO RUIN YOU FOR LIFE HAVE HIM PERFORM YOUR SURGERY.

Rafah show details Rafah
Dec 11th, 2009

this is the worst Dr.ever.... no one should ever go see him. he will not do any thing for you .i had my back fusion with him and he messed my back up .I'm worst now than before surgery. he refuses to call me back to answer any questions.not once did this arrogant Dr return my calls after performing surgery on me. i have left numerous messages with his staff to return my calls and he never does.i think he trains his staff to be so rude just like him. i wish him the worst luck he ruined my back.he is called the miracle Dr. for absolutely nothing.... he released me from hospital with wrong medicine that could of gave me kidney failure .

Mar 20th, 2009

HE IS A GOOD DOCTOR, BUT DID NOT HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM

wonderful results show details wonderful results
by sisterme on Mar 10th, 2006 on kudzu.com

I can not express my gratitude for this wonderful doctor. He promised me immediate relief after my surgery and I was unsure. Sure enough I woke up from surgery and I had relief. The nurses at the hospital call him a mircle worker and I am a believer!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com