Dr. Don Penney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 5th, 2015
Dr. Penney has preformed 3 different surgeries on me over the course of 19 years. Always had excellent care, totally trust him.

December 17th, 2011
Failed Back Surgery
I had heard good things about this doctor, but after major surgery, I'm much worse off. His office staff won't return my calls, or give me a return appointment. No other local neurosurgeons will take his patients, so I can only get follow-up in another state. I'm facing permanent pain & suffering the rest of my life. BTW, if you have such a surgical injury, you must file a lawsuit within 12 months, or it will be thrown out! Wow.

July 18th, 2011
One Year Out
One year out and I'm still having problems. He needs a PA or NP to help. He will not return calls if you have any problems. He operates and hten you are done. So, if it's a great success then GREAT! If not, you're out of luck.

November 21st, 2010
clarification: i have not seen Dr.Penney as a patient, but is speaking as a co-worker on his behalf. I work in the O.R. with him on almost a daily basis and this man is WONDERFUL and BRILLIANT. NOT arrogant at all..the most easy going human there is. He is an excellent surgeon. Perhaps, all cases may not turn out 100%...no surgeon has a 100% sucess rate, but he is a perfectionist and gives each and every case his absolute BEST and he has success more often than not (by far). So, these people who are less than satisfied, maybe had underlying problems that made their case turn out less than perfect and maybe using him as a scapegoat when the problem (smoker,non-compliant, etc) may lie within. Dr. Penney is a God send and a true good samaritan/humanitarian.

October 20th, 2010
Dr Penney saved my son's life!
He receives my highest recommendation. He immediately recognized my son had a very rare, but life-threatening condition in the emergency room and acted with both caution and diligence to save his eyesight and his life. I was kept informed of all risks at all times. He patiently answered all my questions in simple, laymen terms.I will be eternally grateful to Dr Penney.

August 10th, 2010
Great Doctor
I wouldn't be walking now if it weren't for him. Trying to get in to see him can take a while, but there is a reason he is backlogged. He is not arogant, just straight forward. So far he has performed surgery on me, my father, my mother, my brother in-law, & two uncles. They are all doing great!

February 26th, 2010
DR.DON PENNEY. WORST DR. EVER, ARROGANT,MONEY HUNGRY DR.
HE HAS RUINED MY BACK. WORST ,FAKE ARROGANT DR. I HAVE EVER MET. PLEASE NEVER LET HIM LAY A HAND ON YOU ,YOU WILL BE SO SORRY YOU DID. IF YOU WANT HIM TO RUIN YOU FOR LIFE HAVE HIM PERFORM YOUR SURGERY.

December 11th, 2009
Rafah
this is the worst Dr.ever.... no one should ever go see him. he will not do any thing for you .i had my back fusion with him and he messed my back up .I'm worst now than before surgery. he refuses to call me back to answer any questions.not once did this arrogant Dr return my calls after performing surgery on me. i have left numerous messages with his staff to return my calls and he never does.i think he trains his staff to be so rude just like him. i wish him the worst luck he ruined my back.he is called the miracle Dr. for absolutely nothing.... he released me from hospital with wrong medicine that could of gave me kidney failure .

March 20th, 2009