Don R Phillips MD Patient Reviews

February 2nd, 2015
Dr Phillips is awesome doctor

May 11th, 2013
Long time patient
Dr. Don has been my OBGYN for the last 21 years. He delivered 2 of my babies and performed my tubal ligation. He is a good Christian man and has good bedside manner. His nurse Karen is a sweetheart whom I've known since she was in my Mother's kindergarten class. Both are blessings to their profession!

April 9th, 2013
Dr. Phillips is great!!
I loved him from the first visit, I'm almost 50 years old and have seen dozens of GBGYN's and have only liked 3, Dr. Phillips is number 3. For over 10 years I have been begging for a hysterectomy, to be told, NO! Even though I pass blood clots at least 5 times a year and there are days that I couldn't even get dressed. Dr. Phillips has agreed that I need a hysterectomy and I'm getting one. He talked to me and was in no rush. I felt as if I was the one and only at every visit.

January 15th, 2012
My sister had an outpatient hysterectomy by Dr. Phillips. 36 hours later she was in excruciating pain, had not slept, and two calls to his office had been unanswered. Her husband took her back to the ER, which was about a 60 mile drive, called the answering service on the way to the ER, and still, no response. She was given meds and sent back home, feeling somewhat better. She was given 30 pills post-op for pain, for a hysterectomy! No refills! So now she is out of medication and after 5 days, still has not gotten a call back from the doctor's office. I work in the surgery department at a busy hospital, and I am appalled at this treatment. I've never heard of a hysterectomy being outpatient, first of all, and I can't imagine a doctor not responding to calls.

July 14th, 2011
dr phillips and his nurse, karen, need to communicate more efficiently about their patients procedures, treatments, etc. they both, also, need to spend more time explaining the reasons why there has been a reason for the patient to have to see a doctor, details on why he is prescribing a certain medicine, complete details on any test that he is having you return for, etc. He and his nurse need to SHOW that they actually are there for their patients health and well being. Your are the medical professional; that is why I came to you. Please don't talk down to your patients as if they should have known that! if I would have, why would I need you?

January 19th, 2011
Treated me very rude. I guess if you are not going to him to have babies he is done with you. Not enough money in routine care i guess

October 14th, 2010
First and last visit-left after 1.5 hours
After waiting 1 hour, I asked the receptionist if the dr was even there. She said he was. Observing for 1.5 hours not one patient for this dr. was taken back or left....either he was not there or not seeing patients. Totally unacceptable.