Overall Review

4.7

October 15th, 2016
Dr. Schaffer is the best. I wouldn't take my children to anyone else!

October 14th, 2016
Mother
I have always enjoyed having a great doctor for my child, it puts your mind at ease when your child is sick to have someone help you aid them and still be personable.

August 10th, 2016
Pleasant Dr.
I LOVE Dr.Don and his staff.The staff is always polite. The young lady at the front desk is always very kind. She's had the same attitude for the 10 yrs I've been coming. Im not sure of her name but she recently had an baby.Every visit I always listen as Dr.Don sings up and down the hallway and in out each room lol.No matter how sick my kids are they always enjoy his presence, they make sure that they let everyone know that their Dr. Loves 2 sing not to mention that they even know what college he went to and what position he played in football lol .My daughter was in Children Memorial hospital for almost 9 days and Dr.Don came every morning humming one of his latest hits lol To follow up on her,and i don't know If he had a clue on how much that really helped me through out my stay there.So thanks Dr.Don for all that you do it really matters.

Ana
I like everything about Dr. Schaffer. He is the best Dr. My kids have ever had and wouldn't change it for anything. He's very funny and gentle with the kids.

June 16th, 2016
I'm very pleased with Dr Schaffer and I do refer my clients to Him and his associates.

June 16th, 2016
Dr. Don has been the best pediatrician for my children. His personal follow up is amazing. He has a way of connecting with each person that is uncanny. You know where you stand with him.

Hilarious and Competent
We love Dr. Schaffer. I have 4 yr old twin boys and a 18 month old boy. They love Dr. Schaffer's jokes and his bedside manner. I like how even though my boys are only 4 Dr. Schaffer explains what he is doing and asks them questions directly before he asks "the mom". So empowering, and fabulous to start that so young. We love the staff. Dr. Schaffer's front desk attendant is the nicest woman I have ever met. She remembers us by name and is always kind and helpful. The nurses are quick and caring. The renovated office on Fannin is where we see him. The complimentary Valet and the close Texas Woman's Hospital/ER are really convenient as well. From RSV to well checks, they have been our team. The only area for change I would suggest is the charge/call in nurse. Sometimes she takes a long time, and a few times she has been cold and unhelpful with us.

Great doctor
Being a first time parent, I always have a lot of questions and Dr. Schaffer is very patient and understanding.

Wonderful Pediatrician
Great pediatrician, takes time to talk about and go over everything that's going on. We have used him for both of our kids (7.5 & 5) from day one. He will call you after hours and advise you on what to do, if you went to appointment and had to have any lab work done for instance. The kids love him

Great Pediatrician
Dr Schaffer has seen my daughter since she was born at Texas Women's. He is always very attentive and answers all questions we have. His nurses and staff are all very sweet. I know that if i have a sick kid i can get in that day at the Dr office, might wait a little but he always makes time to see us. I highly recommend him.

Schaffer
I love Dr. Schaffer. He is not for the mother who needs their hand held, however. I am a nurse practitioner and can appreciate how conservative he is and his diagnostic skills. He has been spot on every time I have brought in a sick child. I literally travel across town just to continue going to him.

April 29th, 2016
We've been using Dr. Don Schaffer for about 28 years. He's the best pediatrician!