Psychiatrists

13975 Connecticut Ave
Ste 207
Silver Spring, MD 20906
301-460-7444
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  DO NOT RECOMMEND  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2014

1) During my 1st appointment Dr. Vogel spent several minutes telling me how crappy my insurance was and he was doing me a favor by still seeing me. I tried to give him the accurate copay for my insurance provided and he said I was wrong about the copay and he was already giving me a discount because my insurance paid so little. He mad me rip up that check and I then proceeded to keep writing him a check for a higher copay, trusting he knew what he was talking about. I later called my insurance company and discovered he had been overcharging me for months. Upon confrontation he claimed that he previously explained that insurance companies charge different copays and and attributed this to the extra fees. This is a lie as he never said anything about this to me. 2) Near the end of the session he informed me that I would be seeing not him but a guidance counselor he works with, no explanation why this would be happening or approval asked of me. 3) After 4 months of therapy I feel worse than when I started.

|  avoid  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

All this guy does is tell stories about himself and ask inappropriate, personal, and persistent questions about sex. Just wants your money and your sex stories. Avoid

|  Supportive and insightful.  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2011

Dr Vogel has been a wonderful resource for years. He has always been there when needed. Great guy. Wonderful doctor!

|  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Vogel is all about processing and getting paid by as many patients as possible. His social skills are lacking. He spends time talking about himself! A poor listener. He comes across as a money grubber, self centered, totally insincere except for enriching himself.

|  Personable, competent, and empathetic  |  show details
by Alice S at Insider Pages on May 10th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Vogel spends a lot of time talking with and understanding his patients. He is confident and personable and gives the sense that he will...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2009

Dr. Vogel was responsible for long run problems, and failures to treat, due to multiple, serious medical misdiagnose.