Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  More than what I ever expected from a doctor.  |  show details
by VideoGuy on Nov 11th, 2014

I first went to see Doctor Vogel due to stress I was dealing with in my life and at work. I had never seen a Psychiatrist before; but had been prescribed many years earlier medication for both my ADD and 1 isolated instance of depression. That said; I didn't know where to look, but I found his name in the Washingtonian Magazine as a top rated doctor. Upon my initial visit; Dr. Vogel was very easy going, listening to the issues I had been having, asking me questions about my personal and medial past. He didn’t come off as judgmental one bit. Since that initial visit; I've done anywhere from one appointment every 2-3 weeks to one appointment every 2-3 months when things aren't stressful; or I don’t feel like there is much to work out. He has always been extremely understanding that a monthly visit isn't always necessary depending on my current condition. As far as medications goes; he’s been very thoughtful in terms of suggestions, advice, and warnings; but at the same time responsive to my questions - it's the internet age and we all read up on these things; so it's been very two way with him providing the professional final opinion, but certainly open to hearing my questions and input and/or concerns. Office wait times are basically zero - he times his appointments perfectly. I don't think I've ever waited more than 5 minutes for an appointment time. My only criticism (and this isn't against him as he is certainly risen to a level where he can run his business how he wants) - but he doesn’t directly process insurance - so you will have to do that yourself. He's a small operation. It's a very private atmosphere - exactly what I would have hoped for in a doctor for these problems. Like everything; you get what you pay for in life, and while Dr. V many not take insurance directly, he does give you time, attention and care - which so many doctors do not. Highly recommended.

|  Dr. Vogel is perfect for those who want to work on their life  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Vogel off and on for about 30 years. I would not be the success I am today without his help and guidance all of these years. He always steered me clear of meds forcing me to work on my issues instead of masquerading them. Due to this approach I have grown in many ways and have been able to apply things I have learned through my therapy to different issues that pop up in life from marital issues to child rearing to aging gracefully. I can't thank him enough for always being there for me. I highly recommend him to those who are serious about healing and moving forward in their life.

|  DO NOT RECOMMEND  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2014

1) During my 1st appointment Dr. Vogel spent several minutes telling me how crappy my insurance was and he was doing me a favor by still seeing me. I tried to give him the accurate copay for my insurance provided and he said I was wrong about the copay and he was already giving me a discount because my insurance paid so little. He mad me rip up that check and I then proceeded to keep writing him a check for a higher copay, trusting he knew what he was talking about. I later called my insurance company and discovered he had been overcharging me for months. Upon confrontation he claimed that he previously explained that insurance companies charge different copays and and attributed this to the extra fees. This is a lie as he never said anything about this to me. 2) Near the end of the session he informed me that I would be seeing not him but a guidance counselor he works with, no explanation why this would be happening or approval asked of me. 3) After 4 months of therapy I feel worse than when I started.

|  Supportive and insightful.  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2011

Dr Vogel has been a wonderful resource for years. He has always been there when needed. Great guy. Wonderful doctor!

|  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Vogel is all about processing and getting paid by as many patients as possible. His social skills are lacking. He spends time talking about himself! A poor listener. He comes across as a money grubber, self centered, totally insincere except for enriching himself.

|  Personable, competent, and empathetic  |  show details
by Alice S at Insider Pages on May 10th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Vogel spends a lot of time talking with and understanding his patients. He is confident and personable and gives the sense that he will...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2009

Dr. Vogel was responsible for long run problems, and failures to treat, due to multiple, serious medical misdiagnose.