cavalier attitude about having my sexual organs removed. show details cavalier attitude about having my sexual organs removed.
Jun 19th, 2012

I was so shocked by your cavalier attitude about having my sexual organs removed.I have never been so happy about a decision NOT TO DO AS YOU RECOMMENDED - a hysterectomy can never be undone). To think that I might have lost the organs that make me a vibrant, healthy, sexually alive woman makes me quite angry.I felt I bullied by scare tactics and not offered all the alternatives. Mostly, I am horrified that I was not told about the negative ramification results from having a hysterectomy.Doctors should honestly tell their patients about how their lives may change after a hysterectomy. Among numerous other effects (including personality changes, pelvic pain, fatigue, back problems, increased risk of heart disease) a woman will certainly no longer be able to have a uterine orgasm without a uterus.Patients should be shown a video about female anatomy and the vital functions of their female organs (such a video is available on the HERS website) so that they wont give uninformed consent to a hysterectomy. And, they should understand that they have a choice and what all of those choices are.Please help stop this unnecessary brutalization of women. Unless a hysterectomy is warranted (and it almost never is), you are not saving lives, you are ruining lives.