Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrists
360 N Broad St
Ste 200
Doylestown, PA 18901
215-348-1921
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Stacey on Feb 22nd, 2014

This was my first time seeing a psychiatrist and him and his staff have answered all my questions, every time I had one in a prompt and kind manner. (i've called a lot!) He is also very conservative when weaning you off of a drug, he has never steered me wrong and always listened to me. He has 'seen it all' and with someone with anxiety, I trust him and that is saying a lot.

|  Love him  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

I had been in a bad marriage from some time when I started seeing Dr. Levin. We worked on various conservative treatments as I was truly depressed by my life situation, however, neither he nor I thought it was more. He addressed every concern when I brought them up. He has always been very compassionate. He also encouraged me to seek a counselor if I felt talking my issues out would help. People need to realize the difference between and psychiatrist - MD, and talk therapy. I had talked and talked and talked with no resolution. Dr. Levin figured out what I needed and exactly how to help. Over the past 10, Since Jan, I have not been happier or more confident and secure... and, I am not on insanely high doses of anything, nor had he reccommended I use anything when I say I hadn't needed it, except if I am going to reduce, to do so gradually!

|  Try to get an appointment.  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

In trying to get an appointment, I first left a message at the office, which was never returned. When I called again, the receptionist told me that for a new patient, the wait was over TWO months. I asked what someone does when they need help? Her response was "a lot of people need help and we get a lot of calls." Wow.

|  Horrible.  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

Inconsiderate, condescending and patronizing. Had me way, way overmedicated to the point where I thought I'd probably prefer going back to suicidal thoughts over the insanity that was his battery of prescriptions. For a while, I was taking 14 pills a day, unable to work or finish my degree.This after a couple of 15 minute sessions with the guy. Oh, and he twice flirted with me during sessions. He was very unprofessional, frequently acted odd, and most importantly, sessions with him, and his recommended meds proved to be extremely bad for my health - mental and physical.

|  he is a nightmare  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2011

bad patient, doctor communication. writes scripts like he's giving out candy. misdiagnosis bi-polar, severe manic deppression , after i spoke with on first visit. 20 minutes. he said i talked too much. 3 and 4 different meds. was prescribed. He has no clue. i got very sick with the interation of drugs.I am 5'6 and weight 139 lbs . he had me on enough med. for someone who weights 200 lbs.worse experience of my life...I hope this information is helpful.

|  The worst psych experience  |  show details
by Jon8 at Citysearch on Dec 16th, 2010 on citysearch.com

The office manager treats you like a mental patient. The Dr. is not good with patients that are sensitive to drugs have side effects from drugs. He believes more in medication then in people and I turned out be a fairly drug sensitive person. I thought my case was hopeless but did go on to find a great doc that does help `sensitive types`. Very bad first experience, I wasted a lot of time and money there.

|  The worst psych experience  |  show details
by Jon8 at Citysearch on Dec 16th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  wonderful experience  |  show details
by Stephanie on Aug 15th, 2010

My son and I both are being treated by Dr. Levin and our experience has been wonderful. I have suffered from anxiety for Ten years and Dr. Levin is the only dr. that has helped me. I feel like I have my life back. As for my son he was hit by a car and suffers from anxiety for two years and Dr. Levin helpen him 100 percent. I highly recommend this doctor.

|  AVOID Dr. Levine at all costs!!! I don't want anyone to have to go through what he put me through.  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2010

I had never been on medication when I first went to Dr. Levine for treatment for ADD. He prescribed adderall and effexor, saying they had to work together (which I later found out made no sense at all.) HE OVERPRESCRIBED BOTH MEDICATIONS by 3 and 5 times the amount I should have been on (and having never been on a medication should not have been prescribed both at once at all!) When I called to tell him I was having many side effects her scoffed and said "oh, it'll wear off, you're fine." Two weeks later I was so ill I practically collapsed in class and left to go to my college health center. Calling again and talking to the person at his front desk, she freaked when I told her how much I was prescribed and had him call me back right away. He told me he FORGOT TO PRESCRIBE ME A STARTER PACK TO WORK ME UP TO THE DOSE I WAS ON, which the nurses at the health center told me for my size I should not have been on that much even worked up to it. HE TOLD ME TO OPEN THE PILL, BRUSH SOME OF IT OUT WITH MY FINGER AND TAKE IT THAT WAY. That is the most ABSURD and awful thing he could have said, this guy should not be a doctor and could have seriously killed me, I'm lucky there were no long term effects, though it did cost me a semester of schooling. He also refused to send my files to the health center after the head nurse, my mother and myself asked for them a dozen times. I don't want anyone else to have to go through what I went through!!! This man should NOT be a doctor.

|  Dr. Levin is helping me immensely  |  show details
by Smartgirl at Citysearch on Aug 22nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

by Smartgirl on Aug 22nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

I was referred to Dr. Levin by my counselor. I am so happy I was. Dr. Levin knew exactly how to treat my situation and diagnosed me with depression and anxiety and works in conjunction with my therapist. Dr. Levin was very caring and compassionate to

|  Couldn`t find a worse doctor.  |  show details
by starkravingsane at Citysearch on Jun 17th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Every patient gets only a 15-minute appointment, no matter what. This is nowhere near enough time for Dr. Levin to get a full and accurate picture of all of a patient`s symptoms and stressors. And certainly not enough time to carefully monitor the effects of the very serious meds he`s prescribing.Dr. Levin is extremely drug-happy and prescribes addictive sedatives and stimulants like they`re candy. Even a basic antidepressant can cause really serious effects like mania or suicide and needs to be carefully monitored--which can`t be done in 15 minutes a month. Dr. Levin is extremely irresponsible, which is a very bad thing for someone entrusted with people`s health. Especially when many of those people are already just one step away from disaster or death.I do think he actually really knows what he`s doing. His knowledge of psychiatry is not at all lacking. He just doesn`t seem to care.

by starkravingsane on Jun 17th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Every patient gets only a 15-minute appointment, no matter what. This is nowhere near enough time for Dr. Levin to get a full and accurate picture of all of a patient's symptoms and stressors. And certainly not enough time to carefully monitor the effects

|  Quick to Diagnose and Medicate  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 25th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

This Dr did not take enough time to get to know me before deciding on a diagnosis and medication. The medications he prescribed were not ap...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Warning Do not use this doctor!!  |  show details
by Mack1 at Citysearch on Oct 11th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Do not use this psychiatrist - Warning!! He is simply a medication pusher and does not check in with his patients to see if they are having personality changes while on medications. Do yourself a favor and find a good counselor who will work closely with you to help you with your issues. This advice just might save your life!!

by Mack1 on Oct 11th, 2008 on citysearch.com

by boobopper on Apr 29th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Dr. Don is a fine psychiatrist who practices a plethora of people skills. He can calculate a prescription in no time at all. It's like he's a genious,man. I guess one better be close to genious if he/she is shrinking brains. I had a dream that he, the sp

|  One heck of a shrink  |  show details
by boobopper at Citysearch on Apr 29th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Dr. Don is a fine psychiatrist who practices a plethora of people skills. He can calculate a prescription in no time at all. It`s like he`s a genious,man. I guess one better be close to genious if heshe is shrinking brains. I had a dream that he, the spitting image of Freud, and I were walking on a moonlit beach searching for the answers to life. However, all we find are shells,gulls, and sandpipers. Anna Freud comes along and demands that her father take her on the boardwalk so she can enjoy the rides. He immediately obliges, thus proving the Electra theory of a strong bond between father and daughter. I walk away in tears knowing that he chooses Anna over me. Dr. Don is well versed in a wide variety of topics. He`s what you would call a carpe` diem doc.