Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Find someone else show details Find someone else
Sep 13th, 2016

This guy should lose his license. He is rude, talks down to his patients and does not take responsibility for his actions. My son was told he was ugly at the age of sixteen. He was so upset after an appointment, who says that to a young man?. Take my advice and RUN!

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Stacey on Feb 22nd, 2014

This was my first time seeing a psychiatrist and him and his staff have answered all my questions, every time I had one in a prompt and kind manner. (i've called a lot!) He is also very conservative when weaning you off of a drug, he has never steered me wrong and always listened to me. He has 'seen it all' and with someone with anxiety, I trust him and that is saying a lot.

Love him show details Love him
Oct 7th, 2011

I had been in a bad marriage from some time when I started seeing Dr. Levin. We worked on various conservative treatments as I was truly depressed by my life situation, however, neither he nor I thought it was more. He addressed every concern when I brought them up. He has always been very compassionate. He also encouraged me to seek a counselor if I felt talking my issues out would help. People need to realize the difference between and psychiatrist - MD, and talk therapy. I had talked and talked and talked with no resolution. Dr. Levin figured out what I needed and exactly how to help. Over the past 10, Since Jan, I have not been happier or more confident and secure... and, I am not on insanely high doses of anything, nor had he reccommended I use anything when I say I hadn't needed it, except if I am going to reduce, to do so gradually!

Try to get an appointment. show details Try to get an appointment.
Aug 16th, 2011

In trying to get an appointment, I first left a message at the office, which was never returned. When I called again, the receptionist told me that for a new patient, the wait was over TWO months. I asked what someone does when they need help? Her response was "a lot of people need help and we get a lot of calls." Wow.

Horrible. show details Horrible.
Mar 27th, 2011

Inconsiderate, condescending and patronizing. Had me way, way overmedicated to the point where I thought I'd probably prefer going back to suicidal thoughts over the insanity that was his battery of prescriptions. For a while, I was taking 14 pills a day, unable to work or finish my degree.This after a couple of 15 minute sessions with the guy. Oh, and he twice flirted with me during sessions. He was very unprofessional, frequently acted odd, and most importantly, sessions with him, and his recommended meds proved to be extremely bad for my health - mental and physical.

he is a nightmare show details he is a nightmare
Feb 26th, 2011

bad patient, doctor communication. writes scripts like he's giving out candy. misdiagnosis bi-polar, severe manic deppression , after i spoke with on first visit. 20 minutes. he said i talked too much. 3 and 4 different meds. was prescribed. He has no clue. i got very sick with the interation of drugs.I am 5'6 and weight 139 lbs . he had me on enough med. for someone who weights 200 lbs.worse experience of my life...I hope this information is helpful.

wonderful experience show details wonderful experience
by Stephanie on Aug 15th, 2010

My son and I both are being treated by Dr. Levin and our experience has been wonderful. I have suffered from anxiety for Ten years and Dr. Levin is the only dr. that has helped me. I feel like I have my life back. As for my son he was hit by a car and suffers from anxiety for two years and Dr. Levin helpen him 100 percent. I highly recommend this doctor.

AVOID Dr. Levine at all costs!!! I don't want anyone to have to go through what he put me through. show details AVOID Dr. Levine at all costs!!! I don't want anyone to have to go through what he put me through.
Jun 20th, 2010

I had never been on medication when I first went to Dr. Levine for treatment for ADD. He prescribed adderall and effexor, saying they had to work together (which I later found out made no sense at all.) HE OVERPRESCRIBED BOTH MEDICATIONS by 3 and 5 times the amount I should have been on (and having never been on a medication should not have been prescribed both at once at all!) When I called to tell him I was having many side effects her scoffed and said "oh, it'll wear off, you're fine." Two weeks later I was so ill I practically collapsed in class and left to go to my college health center. Calling again and talking to the person at his front desk, she freaked when I told her how much I was prescribed and had him call me back right away. He told me he FORGOT TO PRESCRIBE ME A STARTER PACK TO WORK ME UP TO THE DOSE I WAS ON, which the nurses at the health center told me for my size I should not have been on that much even worked up to it. HE TOLD ME TO OPEN THE PILL, BRUSH SOME OF IT OUT WITH MY FINGER AND TAKE IT THAT WAY. That is the most ABSURD and awful thing he could have said, this guy should not be a doctor and could have seriously killed me, I'm lucky there were no long term effects, though it did cost me a semester of schooling. He also refused to send my files to the health center after the head nurse, my mother and myself asked for them a dozen times. I don't want anyone else to have to go through what I went through!!! This man should NOT be a doctor.