A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Donald Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Donald Nelson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Seasonal Allergies Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about seasonal allergies such as hay fever, eye and mold allergies.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Donald Nelson, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 1 hospital affiliations:
- St John's Regional Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Donald C Nelson MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Donald C. Nelson practice?
- Dr. Donald Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. Donald Nelson practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Springfield, MO.
See Springfield Internists and Springfield Gastroenterologists.