A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Donald Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Donald Nelson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Donald Nelson, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 1 hospital affiliations:
- St John's Regional Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Donald C Nelson MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Donald C. Nelson practice?
- Dr. Donald Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. Donald Nelson practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Springfield, MO.
See Springfield Internists and Springfield Gastroenterologists.