A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Donald Colvin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Donald Colvin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Colvin
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Colvin Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
Dr. Donald Colvin, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Anal Itching (Pruritus Ani)
- Anal Ulcer (Fissure in Ano)
- Clinical Research
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Rectal Prolapse
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Colvin graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Colvin has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Donald B. Colvin MD is a male Colon/Rectal Surgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Donald B. Colvin practice?
- Dr. Donald Colvin has 2 office locations.
Dr. Donald Colvin practices Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery near Fairfax, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Alexandria, VA.
See Fairfax Surgeons.