Dr. Donald Corenman, MD
Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Most caring and skilled spine specialist there is!  |  show details
by Missy on Oct 12th, 2014

I have had one other very serious medical condition. Flight for life scenario to a major trauma hospital. I had a horrible experience beginning to end. Mostly no communication. But with Dr. Corenman I had a totally different experience. I had one of the largest herniated disk that doctors had seen in a long time, I was in excruciating pain since it was hitting a major nerve. Dr. Corenman took my case very serious. Admitted me to hospital directly from his clinic and operated next day. The care and sensitivity was unmatched to anything I have ever experienced. He explained everything in detail, shared his videos on his website, and called my husband himself after surgery at 1am. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Corenman. He is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful caring person. Highly recommend him over and over! :-)

|  Respectful Doctor  |  show details
by Rahat, BD on Sep 4th, 2014

Since I have had sciatica pain, I searched online for my solution and I found him. I searched his website forum and found everything I need. I posted a query and he answered very nicely. He is nice man. I wish his best of luck.

|  show details
by Kresta on Dec 28th, 2013

Dr. Corenman has a wonderful caring demeanor. I have been to 4 other doctors before seeing him and within a few moments I had an accurate diagnosis and plan for treatment. His team went above and beyond helping me get into the pain management doctor the very next day for treatment. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Corenman and his team!!!

|  Best Neck Doctor EVER  |  show details
by Elizabeth on Feb 3rd, 2013

I went to Dr. Corenman with a herniated C5/6. Since it was a single level, I opted for the Artificial Disc Replacement, even though the long term data is not there yet and it is relatively new in the US (7-10 yrs). However, I felt I was in safe hands with Dr. Corenman. This doc is awesome and I can't say enough nice things about him, Eric his PA or his nurses Diana and Sarah, or even Vangie. All of his staff were so helpful in this process and answered all questions and returned my calls no matter how late or even if it was on the weekend. It has been 2 weeks since surgery, and my neck is doing wonderfully. I can't wait to see how it is going to perform after a full recovery. But I do believe Dr. Corenman is the best neck surgeon and I will not trust my neck to no other surgeon out there. Thanks Corenman and staff!!!!

|  Good things come to those who wait...  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

Let's be real. If you need a surgery on your spine, you want the most gifted and talented surgeons in the world. If you want the most gifted and talented surgeon in the world, you'll put up with an office visit wait. If you wait in the comfy office with friendly staff and refreshments, you'll be glad you did. The wait is there because Dr. Corenman spends so much quality time with his patients. I've seen a few elite spine surgeons in my day and my life has changed forever because of him. I would not waste another minute trying to find his equal- it won't happen!

|  The way all health care should be.  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

Too much to say! This practice was amazing from day one. From the nurses (Sarah and Diana) to the surgical coordinator (Vangie) to the PA Eric and of course Dr. Corenman. Top notch practice with the best staff possible. You could tell from the first contact what they really cared about...my health. I am forever grateful to them all for the EXCEPTIONAL care, service, compassion and professionalism that they gave me. Oh yeah, double fusion and woke up with zero pain. Was in excruciating pain for the 2 months prior to the surgery.

|  Amazing Physician! I cant say enough good things!  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

I had been told by several other Doctors that I was "unfixable". Dr. Corenman found issues that the other Doctors had missed. He performed surgery on me about 5 months ago. Since then I have begun to regain a quality of life that I didn't think I would ever have again. Dr. Corenman and the staff at Vail Valley Medical Center are amazing caregivers and equally amazing people. I would recommend them to anyone. Especially if you have been told there is no hope. I flew halfway across the country to see them. It turned out to be the best decision I have ever made!

|  Dr. Corenman is the Best Spine Surgeon  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

Dr. Corenman is the ONLY surgeon I have visited for my long term spine condition that actually took the time to explain it to me in detail and even showed it to me on a model. After my consultation, I decide to have surgery so I could resume my previous activity level; however, I felt like he took the most conservative approach in giving me ALL of my options and didn't try to hard sell me on going under the knife like a couple of other less personal spine clinics I visited.

|  show details
by pmd on Mar 31st, 2010

You couldn't ask for a better doctor. His staff is wonderful, as well. Highly recommend. I understand why people fly from across the country to see him.

|  Strong affiliations and networks with the best professionals  |  show details
by Bob West on Aug 28th, 2009

Uses a large array of diagnostic tools and tests with support from nationwide professionals for consultation and opinions. His decisions are based on well thought out action plans and polished skills to solve the most difficult spinal diagnoses. Affiliated with the Steadman Hawkins Clinic gives him access to the best sports orthopaedic clinic in America.

|  Best spine doctor in the world!  |  show details
by Mark McLaughlin on Sep 4th, 2008

He accurately diagnosed my back pain after a surgery 1 year prior. He spent over 3 hours with me having special x-rays to go along with an MRI and CAT prior to the appointment. The surgery went well and the pain i had left over from the previous year is already lower and getting better. I met people in the waiting room from all over the world who flew in just to see him and have there surgery performed by him. Big sport names have signed their jerseys and they are framed on the walls of the entire hallway and office. You can't do better then Dr. Corenman and his PA Eric!