Some ratings provided by DrScore.
What a waste of time. Don't believe the hype show details What a waste of time. Don't believe the hype
by MLE on Apr 24th, 2015

It's gone to his head. He was completely short & dishonest with me. He was wrong about my spine condition.

Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, Refusal to treat show details Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, Refusal to treat
Apr 11th, 2015

I went to see this doctor after being in terrible pain for nearly a year. After obtaining 2 previous spine opinions I opted to see one of the 'best'. And with all these good reviews how could I lose? I'm not sure if Dr. Corenman was aware that I had already seen spine specialists previously. He was impatient and rude ,his PA Eric was even more arrogant. He started out okay. Eric told me that I would likely benefit from an epidural shot and offered a referral to a pain doctor verbally. He also said that they reviewed my MRI and I had a few areas that looked surgical. During my assessment with Eric he became very upset with me because I was not answering the 'magic' question (as he put it) that would make me a good 'candidate' for surgery. The doctor came in roughly 25 minutes later after talking to Eric and told me that he was not going to examine me that day. He did not go over the spine model. He spent 60 second on the MRI at my insistence. He told me that I had a disorder and refused to diagnose my spine issue. He was very impatient and sent me off to find a naturopath! I went to a pain management doctor on my own. I was given an appropriate nerve medication because I have severe nerve damage that was EASILY IDENTIFIABLE ON MY MRI! Corenman did NOT refer me to one.The epidural was suddenly off of the table. In fact Corenman said it would cause great damage but would not say why? I have since had great success with a professional specialist since then. After seeing a total of 7 specialist the 6 were extremely professional and of the same opinion as the doctor I chose to perform my surgery. The final spine specialist reviewed MRI thoroughly with me, ordered labs, and and EMG. very professional. I was treated like a human with a condition as opposed to a nobody. I do have OBVIOUS severe disc degeneration, nerve compression, herniated discs, to name a few things. I was in disbelief as I sat there and listened to him lie to my face and in such an eloquent manner. He told me my roots were exiting 'nicely', some if what I saw was aging. Of course it is, but I was there for an obvious injury. I already knew my condition, I just assumed the best meant honest! What an egregious abuse of power! It is my opinion that if you have gone to see this doctor and still feel that there may be something wrong, I strongly recommend that you obtain a second or third opinion. Also, since NO ONE is perfect check with the treating physicians state department of regulatory offices to find out if the doctor has ever settled a malpractice claim. In the state of Colorado it would be DORA's Colorado medical board page.. It wont show up when you go to verify a licence only when you view the physicians profile. This can be accessed by clicking on Healthcare Professions Profile Program. I wish I had done that first.

Patient show details Patient
by Eberto Vitier on Mar 25th, 2015

I saw Dr. Corenman in January of 2015 for a sever back pain in my back, he recommended a block which I did and therapy. It did not work and I came to vail from Miami on March 18 after setting up an appointment with him for March 19,2015. During the appointment he discussed in great detail how the surgery was going to be and I explained that it was ok with me and that I had done the pre op at the Cleveland Clinic. He recommended to do another block before surgery, which I did that same day, to see how the pain behaved after the block. The pain did not change. He asked me to do another block with more anenthysia injected, which I did on Monday the 23rd. I reported back to him that the pain had decreased some what, but not material. I waited the entire day of the 24th to receive some indication when will the surgery would be, I sent emails to his surgery coordinator Kristen Souvorin with no reply. After many attends to obtain some direction, I received an email on the morning of the 25th telling me the surgery will be done some time in May. I do not live in Vail , I came especifically to have this surgery. I was enraged of the lack of consideration and coordination. I asked to speak to Dr. Corenman who than called me 3 hours later to tell me that he did not think he could take one hundred percent of the pain away, which was contradictory to what he had said before. I have had surgery in Steadman Clinic with Dr.Hackett Dr. Viola Dr. Clanton and procedures with Dr. Karli and my experiences have been incredibly good, that is why I reached out to Dr. Corenman. I have been a patient of the Cleveland Clinic, the Mayo Clinic and Steadman which where I have been treated with the outmost respect What his is reason for treatment me this way, I do not know, but he knows I came solely for the surgery and it has been he worst experience with a Doctor . Eberto Vitier

strongly recommend show details strongly recommend
by Bill Linfield on Feb 10th, 2015

Dr Corenman performed spine surgery on me last September, 2014. I am back to my normal activities and am pain free, thanks to his accurate diagnosis and excellent surgical skills. I strongly recommend him for any back or neck issues.

Most caring and skilled spine specialist there is! show details Most caring and skilled spine specialist there is!
by Missy on Oct 12th, 2014

I have had one other very serious medical condition. Flight for life scenario to a major trauma hospital. I had a horrible experience beginning to end. Mostly no communication. But with Dr. Corenman I had a totally different experience. I had one of the largest herniated disk that doctors had seen in a long time, I was in excruciating pain since it was hitting a major nerve. Dr. Corenman took my case very serious. Admitted me to hospital directly from his clinic and operated next day. The care and sensitivity was unmatched to anything I have ever experienced. He explained everything in detail, shared his videos on his website, and called my husband himself after surgery at 1am. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Corenman. He is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful caring person. Highly recommend him over and over! :-)

Respectful Doctor show details Respectful Doctor
by Rahat, BD on Sep 4th, 2014

Since I have had sciatica pain, I searched online for my solution and I found him. I searched his website forum and found everything I need. I posted a query and he answered very nicely. He is nice man. I wish his best of luck.

by Kresta on Dec 28th, 2013

Dr. Corenman has a wonderful caring demeanor. I have been to 4 other doctors before seeing him and within a few moments I had an accurate diagnosis and plan for treatment. His team went above and beyond helping me get into the pain management doctor the very next day for treatment. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Corenman and his team!!!

Best Neck Doctor EVER show details Best Neck Doctor EVER
by Elizabeth on Feb 3rd, 2013

I went to Dr. Corenman with a herniated C5/6. Since it was a single level, I opted for the Artificial Disc Replacement, even though the long term data is not there yet and it is relatively new in the US (7-10 yrs). However, I felt I was in safe hands with Dr. Corenman. This doc is awesome and I can't say enough nice things about him, Eric his PA or his nurses Diana and Sarah, or even Vangie. All of his staff were so helpful in this process and answered all questions and returned my calls no matter how late or even if it was on the weekend. It has been 2 weeks since surgery, and my neck is doing wonderfully. I can't wait to see how it is going to perform after a full recovery. But I do believe Dr. Corenman is the best neck surgeon and I will not trust my neck to no other surgeon out there. Thanks Corenman and staff!!!!

Good things come to those who wait... show details Good things come to those who wait...
Sep 14th, 2012

Let's be real. If you need a surgery on your spine, you want the most gifted and talented surgeons in the world. If you want the most gifted and talented surgeon in the world, you'll put up with an office visit wait. If you wait in the comfy office with friendly staff and refreshments, you'll be glad you did. The wait is there because Dr. Corenman spends so much quality time with his patients. I've seen a few elite spine surgeons in my day and my life has changed forever because of him. I would not waste another minute trying to find his equal- it won't happen!

The way all health care should be. show details The way all health care should be.
Mar 19th, 2012

Too much to say! This practice was amazing from day one. From the nurses (Sarah and Diana) to the surgical coordinator (Vangie) to the PA Eric and of course Dr. Corenman. Top notch practice with the best staff possible. You could tell from the first contact what they really cared about...my health. I am forever grateful to them all for the EXCEPTIONAL care, service, compassion and professionalism that they gave me. Oh yeah, double fusion and woke up with zero pain. Was in excruciating pain for the 2 months prior to the surgery.

Amazing Physician! I cant say enough good things! show details Amazing Physician! I cant say enough good things!
Apr 15th, 2011

I had been told by several other Doctors that I was "unfixable". Dr. Corenman found issues that the other Doctors had missed. He performed surgery on me about 5 months ago. Since then I have begun to regain a quality of life that I didn't think I would ever have again. Dr. Corenman and the staff at Vail Valley Medical Center are amazing caregivers and equally amazing people. I would recommend them to anyone. Especially if you have been told there is no hope. I flew halfway across the country to see them. It turned out to be the best decision I have ever made!

Dr. Corenman is the Best Spine Surgeon show details Dr. Corenman is the Best Spine Surgeon
Dec 14th, 2010

Dr. Corenman is the ONLY surgeon I have visited for my long term spine condition that actually took the time to explain it to me in detail and even showed it to me on a model. After my consultation, I decide to have surgery so I could resume my previous activity level; however, I felt like he took the most conservative approach in giving me ALL of my options and didn't try to hard sell me on going under the knife like a couple of other less personal spine clinics I visited.

by pmd on Mar 31st, 2010

You couldn't ask for a better doctor. His staff is wonderful, as well. Highly recommend. I understand why people fly from across the country to see him.

Strong affiliations and networks with the best professionals show details Strong affiliations and networks with the best professionals
by Bob West on Aug 28th, 2009

Uses a large array of diagnostic tools and tests with support from nationwide professionals for consultation and opinions. His decisions are based on well thought out action plans and polished skills to solve the most difficult spinal diagnoses. Affiliated with the Steadman Hawkins Clinic gives him access to the best sports orthopaedic clinic in America.

Best spine doctor in the world! show details Best spine doctor in the world!
by Mark McLaughlin on Sep 4th, 2008

He accurately diagnosed my back pain after a surgery 1 year prior. He spent over 3 hours with me having special x-rays to go along with an MRI and CAT prior to the appointment. The surgery went well and the pain i had left over from the previous year is already lower and getting better. I met people in the waiting room from all over the world who flew in just to see him and have there surgery performed by him. Big sport names have signed their jerseys and they are framed on the walls of the entire hallway and office. You can't do better then Dr. Corenman and his PA Eric!