Family Physicians, General Practitioner
2000 Newark Granville Rd
Ste 100
Granville, OH 43023
740-587-0087
Locations and availability (2)

|  Caring  |  show details
by Paul Kerns on Oct 18th, 2010

Dr. Deshetler is a very caring doctor. He will spend all the time you need to go over things and I have even had him call me on Saturdays! I have always felt that he wants to fix you, not just medicate you as many others do. Great guy!

|  Healthcare Reform Couldn't Be Any Worse  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2010

The office is closed. I have no insurance, and cannot afford the $100 to walk through the door of "Urgent Care" (charged more for anything they do thereafter). I don't really want to humiliate myself and make that announcement to Dr. Deshetler. My options? Well, deal with it until the office opens in the morning or pay the $. Apparently he thinks his patients are idiots because we're too stupid to know what's wrong with us - even when we've had the same thing before (years ago - symptoms remain the same) and he knows it. So, due to his paranoia about malpractice and other fearsome factors - I get to suffer all night until their lab opens in the morning so they can tell me - wow - you were right, that's what was the matter with you. Lucky me. Thanks, Dr. D. No wonder the health-care industry will be taken over by more callous individuals who have no conscience and will leave someone to suffer rather than to remedy a simple problem. Ridiculous.

|  show details
Feb 22nd, 2010

Very careful and spends all the time necessary.

|  The Best  |  show details
by Paul Kerns on Sep 25th, 2009

I don't have to see him very often, but I never dread doing so. He is the most caring doctor I have ever encountered. He will spend as much time with you as he (or you) needs. You NEVER feel rushed! My wife is also a patient and interacts with him often at the local hospital where she is a critical care nurse. She has never had anything bad to say about either, and considers him the best in the hospital setting as well. Trust me, becoming one of his patients will be the best decision you could make.