Dr. Donald Garland MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

June 20th, 2016
Dr. Garland is the kindest psychiatrist you could ever find. Consider yourself fortunate if you have found this wonderful doctor. I wish I could have found in Phoenix a psychiatrist like him. He genuinely seems to care about his patients, I miss and need that caring attitude here in Phoenix.

December 28th, 2010
Doctor with Attitude
I have seen a few different psychiatrists in my life and what usually happens is that we meet, I ask intelligent questions, the doctor becomes intimidated and turns on this THICK ATTITUDE. Suddenly it's like I'm in competition with him/her for some prize. I am talked down to, not trusted as a reliable source on my own illness, and sometimes, put down.Dr. Garland is not like that. He realizes that I have some expertise in the mental health field and works together with me on my treatment. He listens if I have a problem with medications and goes to bat for me if my insurance company is unsure about my need for a certain treatment. He answers my questions and respects my abilities too, and I never feel talked down to.Dr. Garland is knowledgeable, approachable, responsible, concerned, friendly and professional. I would recommend him to anyone at anytime. He is in great demand because of his abilities, so please don't be put off by any wait time. It will definitely be worth the wait.

June 26th, 2010
Dr. Garland offers great healing and education. I believe he is one of the most gifted therapists I have ever met.