Dr. Donald Garrow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Garrow?

September 21st, 2017

Professional, Empathetic, Caring.

I moved back recently to FL and spent a lot of time looking for a good G.I. I can honestly say that I found one in Dr Garrow. His staff were extremely proffesional, polite and very helpful. Dr Garrow took the time to really listen and was very empathetic to my health issues. I highly recommend Dr Garrow and all the staff at his practice.

June 27th, 2016

Nice doctor, very accomplished. Surgery center beautiful, clean. Colonoscopy scopes there top of the line. Sent my husband to him afterwards.

June 26th, 2016

Smart doctor, nicer person.

Dr Garrow is a smart doctor and a nicer person. He took time to explain my condition, did a procedure and treated my problem with his scope. He doubts the symptoms will come back and I believe him. Very good experience. He is very busy, office is always full of patients. All the people in the waiting room say how good he is.

June 24th, 2016

Time for a new Dr, I guess.

2 months since my procedure and still unable to reach the dr.The nurse won't return my calls.I was given no follow up appointment and no instruction for my condition which I was unaware of prior to the procedure. Also the meds I'm on are the wrong kind and he hasn't changed them yet either. Unacceptable.Cant even get an appointment.It's all about speed.Get them in and out to make the money.

Doctor's Response

This patient remarks upon a common problem all of us physicians encounter, time management. In this era of managed healthcare, it is important to diagnose, treat acute illness and discharge patients from the hospital as "efficiently" as possible. Consultants such as myself are in high demand, I personally go to four hospitals each day. Because of this, my practice employees Nurse Practitioner's to speak to patients before and after procedures and review findings, treatment plans and follow up. Also, the primary doctor on the case is thoroughly advised regarding findings, treatment plan and follow up. Some patients are not used to this manner of inpatient care. I still personally see all my hospital patients in the office afterwards for further management of their gastrointestinal issues. This patient does not leave a name with this review, making it difficult to fully analyze and understand any specific failures in communication which may have occurred. My business card is left with each patient's chart which includes my office phone number and cellular phone number. Our phone systems at the office have been revamped this summer, we have had nothing but positive reviews since then regarding phone call follow up. I invite you to call me for an appointment and see if you struggle as much as this patient reflects. If so, please call me personally at (843) 214-5986. My goal is to help each patient I see feel better.

May 26th, 2016

NO FOLLOW-UP

HOSPITAL NO DISCUSSION, OR NO CONSULT AS TO WHAT WAS DONE FROM A PROCEDURE TO STOP CAUTERIZE INTERNAL BLEEDING. READMITTED TO ER 11: PM SAME DAY FOR BLEEDING AFTER 2 PM DISMISSAL FROM HOSPITAL! I HAD TO CALL DR. TO SAY AM STILL BLEEDING AND HIS REMARKS WERE GET A SURGEON GO TO ER. CAN'T DO ANYTHING. UN PROFESSIONAL TO SAY THE LEAST AND NO CARE ATTITUDE ALL THE WAY AROUND HE NEVER SHOWED BEFORE OR AFTER THE PROCEDURE AT ALL. NOT EVEN A CALL AFTER ALL SAID AND DONE.

Doctor's Response

I spoke to patient immediately after her procedure in detail, reviewing her complex surgical anatomy. She called me on my personal phone, phone number which was provided after the procedure should any issues arise. She reported persistent symptoms despite the procedure I performed. I advised her to return to the emergency room at which time I would obtain an urgent surgical consultation. She stated she preferred to contact her out-of-town surgeon who performed her initial surgery three years ago. My recollection of the interaction was a reasonable one, I am surprised at her interpretation. In reviewing her chart prior to writing this response, it appears this patient had the perception she was rushed out of the hospital because of her insurance status, and this review is reflective of that concern moreso than my care.

April 23rd, 2016

Poor costuer service

Very difficult to reach office staff and get appointments

Doctor's Response

I have seen this patient and provided further care since this review. I have corrected the phone issues in the office which frustrated her. I have performed a procedure which ultimately corrected her medical issue. In the end, she appeared satisfied with the medical care received by my practice.

June 3rd, 2017