Dr. Donald Garver MD, PHD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

August 12th, 2017
Always gone the extra mile
Dr.

August 23rd, 2016
A patient that had very bad results sultsfrom dr. Garb

September 18th, 2015
I have always found Dr. Garver most professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate in caring for me whether it was my knee replacement, ankle pain, or shoulder pain. I would highly recommend him.

March 25th, 2015
Professional Old School Doctor who cares deeply about his patients.

July 20th, 2014
I Would Not Recommend Dr. Donald Garver To Anyone!
Dr. Donald Garver is quick to take his patients to the operating room without trying any conservative treatment or proper workup.I did not have a very good experience at all with him. He performed a few surgeries on me in a very short time that were poorly performed. His operative reports were poorly dictated. He is not a very good surgeon at all. This man needs to retire, before he disables more patients permanently. I would never recommend anyone to his orthopedic practice to see him or his partners at all. I also agree with the reviewer below too, he does a lot of unnecessary surgeries and is quick to take a patient to the OR, and has quite the reputation for redo surgeries performed by him. I also agree with the reviewer below. Dr. Garver needs to hang up the scalpel and retire . My surgeon that fixed Garver's mess was quick to tell me about Dr. Garver's subpar work in the operating room and his reputation of poor results. This man is a true nightmare of a surgeon!

June 19th, 2014
Former Patient!
I was a former patient of Dr. Donald Garver, and I must say I did not have a very good experience at all with him. He did quite a few surgeries on me that have changed my life immensely! He is a nice man, but a not a very good surgeon at all. It took a nationally renowned surgeon to fix his mess. I would never recommend anyone to his orthopedic practice to see him or his partners at all. I also agree with the reviewer below too, he does a lot of unnecessary surgeries and is quick to take a patient to the OR, and has quite the reputation for redo surgeries performed by him. I also agree with the reviewer below, it's time for Dr. Garver to hang up the scalpel and retire. There are some fabulous orthopedic surgeons out there, but Dr. Garver is not one of them at all. Do your research!

December 17th, 2013
new patient
Dr. Donald Garver was very professional. He was down to earth and easy to talk to. He asked many important questions and operates with common sense. He is very likeable. I would recommend him to my family and friends.

September 6th, 2013
Knee Surgery
Both knee replacement over the last 6 years no problems.

July 2nd, 2013
dr Garver takes the time to talk and explain everything. I had a great experience with my surgery that I made my next surgery date. he even came in on the week end to see me after my surgery

March 5th, 2013
Not only is his bed side manner non-existent he is a terrible surgeon. He took an perfectly good, hard working man and rendered him disabled from his 2 botched knee replacement surgeries. He put the wrong size in the first time and probably knew it. He went back in 6 months later to find out why the clip came loose. He told me that he had to take a little off both sides of the prosthesis and replace cement. One year after my husband's second surgery he never even tried to find out what the problem was. He just told him that he can never work again and that it will take a good 2 years to feel better. Really? After seeing 2 different doctors they couldn't believe that Garver never took x-rays to find out what the problem was. We, too, found a doctor that 'fixes' all his mistakes and went in and replaced all the mistakes he made. My husband had bleeding inside his knee from all the irritation the wrong size prosthesis was causing. Our new doctor had to clean up 2 layers of cement so the metal would actually adhere to the bone. My husband had told Garver for months that he felt like it was moving inside there. He never believed him. This man is DANGEROUS and needs to retire before he damages other people. I beg everyone to please do research before going to this man. There are so many great doctor out there. He's NOT one of them.

October 19th, 2012
Awsome
Dr. Donald Garver is one of the kindest Drs I have ever seen in all of my years of going to him and it has been a while, he takes the time to listen to you and your complaints and he explains things in context to where you understand. All in All Dr. Garver is the Best.

October 9th, 2012
Very caring surgeon!
I love this surgeon! I had ACL reconstruction. He did not rush me into surgery he gave me an option to wait. He gives me the impression that he only wants what is best for his patients. He took the time to go over my MRI and showed me the tear. Even though the wait is long to see him, once he comes in the room he apologizes and his true care and concern for my well being is well worth it. He is the professional and knows what is best. He didn't seem money hungry to me. His attitude is very warm and sincere. I don't know about the negative responses bur I know doctors hate on each other and Garver knows his stuff!