Dr. Donald Hales Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Hales?

Unethical, Unconscionable, Surgery-Happy Doctor

Posted on March 23rd, 2015

Unethical, unconscionable, surgery happy doctor!!!

Posted on March 23rd, 2015

Dr. Hale's office person who makes the appointments said, "He won't see you unless you've exhausted all your options." I thought that meant that he was an expert in high demand, not what I later found out myself, and from others, that he is a surgery-happy doctor, and that that's the only thing he advises for everyone, and tries to scare people into doing. He saw me for limited symptoms caused by calcium buildup on the vertebrae, (OPLL), and the resulting spinal cord compression. At the time I had no idea what was going on, and he told me I could become quadriplegic from even sneezing, or tripping and falling, and needed to get immediate fusion surgery. I spent 6 anxiety-ridden weeks, researching the condition, while waiting for a Flagstaff neurosurgeon, Dr. David Sacco's second opinion. I discovered that there is absolutely NO empirical evidence of any kind that someone who has my condition is at greater risk of quadriplegia, and that it is only general, commonly held "common sense wisdom" by doctors. The second opinion was to simply keep an eye on the condition, and get another MRI in 6 months to a year, as my symptoms were minimal, and had already gone mostly away after making lifestyle changes, in terms of getting up from sitting regularly, and doing stretches. Doctor Hale and his assistant would not call me back to discuss any of this, even after I called back twice, both times being assured that he would call me. This doctor is really hurting people by creating huge anxiety, that only makes healing much more difficult. He is both unethical and unconscionable in his greedy pursuit of endless $21k operations. He covers himself from liability and sanctions, by using surgery scare tactics in person, like saying that you could become quadriplegic from even sneezing, or tripping and falling if you don't get surgery, but then in the actual written report, only saying that the risk of injury was only "relatively greater!"

Highly Recomend Dr Hales

Posted on November 20th, 2011

Dr Hales was more than competent and I would say I had a positive experience with my c-spine surgery.Dr Hales and his PA, Sandra are super nice. They explained the procedure and the risks they worked with me to manage my pain and I believe they are truly caring and concerned for my welfare.After my surgery just as my eyes opened there was Dr Hales checking on me.Every am that I was in the hospital Dr Hales and Sandra came in and check up on me. My concerns were importatnt to them!!!

A Great Doctor!

Posted on April 28th, 2011

Having surgery isn't fun, but after Dr. Hales performed a microdiscectomy on me, I feel wonderful! As nervous as I was going in, the experience was worth it. Not only was my surgery a great success, but the staff was great too. Also, my recovery process has been far less painful than I thought it would be. Five stars, definitely.

Posted on February 3rd, 2010

My overall experience with Dr. Hales and his staff was excellent. When I needed to contact any of his staff, I always received a call back. I have had 2 successful back surgeries and I would not see anyone else unless absolutely necessary.I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Hales to my friends and others who ask me about my situation.

Posted on May 17th, 2017