Dr. Donald Harrell Is this you?

Neutral

February 19th, 2016

Decent doc but be prepared to redirect him

I have been seeing doc Harrell for two years now, mainly because he is one of the few suboxone doctors in Kalamazoo. If you want your visit to be a positive and productive one, then you need to be VERY firm, and patient. I think he means well and truly does care about his patients. He takes time with them and doesn't rush you out the door.... HOWEVER he talks almost constantly and what he talks about is often hard to follow or make sense of, its hard to get a word in and explain what's going on with you. I advise doing what I had to do, you almost have to be rude to redirect him, I literally had to say "DOC, hey I need you to stop talking and listen OK" I also bad to tell him several times that his stories about when he was at the university of Michigan and hold conversations with othet doctors from 20 years ago. If you can redirect him then usually you can have a somewhat productive visit. I do wonder if he is starting to have dementia or what. Truth be told he probably needs to retire but there is hardly any other suboxone doctors in the area.

April 29th, 2015

Good Doctor

I saw Dr. Harrell for several issues I have been having. He was courteous and professional and treated me like a human being. His staff was very friendly and went out of there way to get me in for a last minute appointment when I needed to see the Dr. the same day.

November 20th, 2013

In this day and age it is a rare thing to find a doctor as caring as Dr.Harrell. He takes the time to explain the where's,why's and what-4's. And seems to honestly care about his patients. I hope he out lives me so that I don't ever have to find another doctor!

October 17th, 2013

I can;t believe this man is still a doc. I have no idea what he is talking about 90% of the time. One of the nurses is possibly the rudest person I HAVE EVER MET. I always come prepared for a two three hour wait .

August 20th, 2013

You and your team lost my trust.

I came into the office with my worker who helps me and the receptionist did not even say hi, she just stuck out a clipboard with papers and said fill thease out and give me your ID and Insurance cards. The room looked and smelled out of the 70's. I gave them back to her and she said you can come back here and took me and my worker into an exam room and did not even give her name. She just sat and looked at the papers I filled out than the DR came in, He repeted questions over a few times, my worker explained why I was there for a medication review , but the Dr made itsound more as if I needed to be locked up in the hospital. He did state that also! And also made comments on how well I dressed twice! To top it off 3 times during the visit with the Dr the Nurse knocked and walked right in the room and just started talking to the Dr in the middle of our conversation without even saying "sorry, or am I interrupting you" I felt the whole experience was a joke! At the end the Dr said he would give me a thought for a couple days a might call me back, that's when I walked out. My worker came out next and felt the same as I. This Dr will not be getting any more referrals from my worker I know that for sure.

June 6th, 2013

Just a New Patient

So I read all old reviews and did get ready for long, non-logical lectures by the doctor ( which was a true fact) but other than that everything was fine. The staff were friendly. The environment was old but nothing bad at all. They did not accept my insurance, although listed, but since I was there to fill out governmental forms, I didn't argue. I still paid with my HSA account, so no harm done. I got my paper work all done within 2 days. Oh and the wait was not long at all. Well no wait basically, besides the lectures by the doctor ( if you want to include that in the wait time). But over all I had a very good experience, and I WILL go back there.

May 28th, 2013

A doctor that treats me like a person :~)

I've been seeing Dr. Donald E Harrell , MD , for a little over two years . He is a very intelligent gentlemen . And , he always takes the time to answer my questions . His staff , is always very kind and courteous. And , always do their best to assist the patients . Dr. Donald E Harrell , MD , reminds me of how physicians were when I was growing up . There , used to be Doctors that spent time with their patients and they didn't try to rush them out the door . He is very thorough in his examinations . I have always been diagnosed accurately . And , he always asks that you make a follow up visit before you leave the office . I have also been asked to call and let the staff know if I am feeling better / worse . I have gone to other area clinics/ doctors . And , was amazed by the lack of courteousness displayed by both the staff and the physicians. I will be a patient of Dr. Donald E Harrell , MD , until he decides to retire . And , so will my daughter .

March 22nd, 2012

mentally insane

I haven't seen such a manic person with flight of ideas and delusions since i was a nursing student in the psych unit. Took my son for a "drop in" sports physical. The guy talked non stop for at least 40 minutes, about at least 20 different completely unrelated topics. Never asked a history on my son, did not do a physical. How is it that no one has ever got this guy help. Somehow, not sure how, he saw my son had an EKG in the past. Explained he had palpitations, was worked up and cleared by his doc, everything normal. He would not sign the physical form until he had a note from my doc stating he was clear. Only went to him because needed a quick physical. Will never go back, this guy is crazy. I left there shaking. Please, somebody, pull his license and lock him up.

March 16th, 2012

Why is he still practicing?

This Doctor needs to be reported to the various medical societies. He is either experiencing early stage dementia or is perhaps being affected by drugs. During my physical, he did not use gloves nor did he wash his hands. He also repeated two procedures multiple times, as if he had never done them. He needs help and patients need to stay away.

December 13th, 2011

This is the only Civil Surgeon in Kalamazoo. We spent very long time in the office, doctor talks non-stop unrelevant things about his family and etc. Doesn't look professional, nor the stuff. Office is very old, unorganized. It took us more than 3 weeks to get our papers despite the promise to have them day after visit. Today I received bill for lab, even though before doing it I was told by the office that it's covered in overall payment.

July 19th, 2011

CRAZY DOC!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS GUY ACTUALLY HAS A MEDICAL LICENSE! HE BELONGS IN THE LOONEY BIN!

June 22nd, 2011

Absolutely terrible! Do not come here, they do not call in prescriptions or send medical records like they say they are going to. Wait time is usually more than 2 hours for a scheduled apt. He talks and talks and talks. The staff are so unprofessional too. They talk about him and other clients so loudly!