Dr. Donald Hilton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

July 14th, 2016
Dr. Hilton is a excellent Dr. Both my wife and myself has had microscopic surgery and we are doing real fine.

July 13th, 2016
Horrible neurosurgery
This man left my father paralyzed. DO NOT go to him unless you want to destroy your future ability to function normally.

February 20th, 2016
VERY SATIFIED PATIENT
After months of pain & numbness in my arm Dr, Hilton performed cervical microdiscectomy minimally invasive tubula retractor surgery, He was spot on with an accurate diagnosis. The numbness & tingling in arm is gone after 24 hrs after surgery, I RECOMMENED his services to anyone with this issue my recovery was amazingly fast.

November 23rd, 2015
Dr. Hilton -- amazingly perceptive and surgeon
Dr. Hilton accurately diagnosed my condition by closely examining my MRI and asking many questions about events in my life leading up to the onset of my symptoms. The narrative portion of my MRI and what I was experiencing did not match up. He correctly diagnosed that I had a cyst in my fifth lumbar vertebrae that was pushing on a nerve root. Immediately after surgery my symptoms were gone! Dr. Hilton's trained eye saw the true cause of my problems. He is incredibly skilled and experienced.

August 16th, 2015
I know of four members of our church that has had back surgery performed by Dr. Hilton. All have ben very successful. Dr. Hilton is not a member of our church. Each of the four has gone on personal recommendations.

November 7th, 2012
Retired
Not very satisfied with Dr Hilton's bedside manner. Day of my surgery, he was gone when I recovered and the nurse briefed me on the post surgery. My follow-up visits felt rushed and he told me there was nothing more he could do for the existing pain and to seek therapy. I believe he is "over rated."

August 15th, 2011
Mrs. Joanne Leach
I know Dr Hilton as a very nice gentleman and a very good doctor. He operated on my mother and got great results. It was my turn to be seen. The 4 times I called to make an appointment, I got different answers on what to do, from office staff. One of the answers was "The doctor will not even consider seeing you if he doesn't have the films first" Another told me it was the report the doctor needed to see, sent from my primary doctor's office, and that I was to bring the films with me because they didn't have space to put them...(I got people, not a recording). One of them didn't even let me talk and was very rude. The 4th time I called, I finally got a recording at Dr. Hilton's secretary, Ana. There was the instructions on the procedure on what to do. After I0 days of doing different things! Very frustrating. It would be nice if people got the recording at the first call, so they know exactly what to do.I would have appreciated it very much.

February 3rd, 2011
This is the doctor you want to see!!
I live in Corpus Christi, Texas, and initially I had an appointment and scheduled surgery with one of our local orthopedic surgeons. I was told I would have to get a 5 inch cage around 3 vertebrae in my spine, that it would be a 6-hour surgery, that I would have to receive blood products during surgery, and that I would need 6 weeks of recovery time. Thank God I got a second opinion - made the 2-hour drive to San Antonio. Immediately when this man walked into the room I knew he was an expert at what he was talking about. The hardware ended up being much smaller, only on one side, the surgery was shorter, and I was up the same day walking to the bathroom! If you HAVE to be operated on, this guy is the right decision! People fly in from all over the country and Mexico to see him and I ran into several other hospital employees, even in other buildings, who said they would go to Dr. Hilton or one of this group members if they had a without a doubt. The facility this man operates in is brand new, state-of-the-art CAT Scan equipment in the hospital so he can look at his work while he is operating to make sure everything is perfect. They even rescheduled some people around so I could get into surgery within 2 weeks because I was in such horrible pain. His nurse, Wendy is amazing! She will take care of everything and is the sweetest!

April 27th, 2010
Dr. PH.D
cancelled by follow up several times and then told me i had to get a new referral because it was past 3 months...like it was my fault...poor, poor poor

March 24th, 2010
Poor Follow Up, failed back surgery
Dr. Hiltons office treated me with the upmost respect until after surgery. After that, I felt like they couldnt get rid of me fast enough. Dr. Hilton told me that my surgery was a success and that I just needed PT despite the new pain that I complained about. He never looked into the new pain and referred me back to my primary doctor. My fusion surgery was not a success at all and I now know (thanks to my new surgeon)that during the fusion surgery that Dr. Hilton did, one of the screws was put right through the joint and nerves and this is why everytime I walk I experience excruciating pain. Dr. Hilton should have done another MRI and investigated my complaint instead of dismissing me and telling me there was nothing wrong with me. A little care and follow up would have saved me from living with this pain for 5 years. I am very disapointed in Dr. Hilton.

May 27th, 2009
Went to him for a second opinion and it saved me months of recuperation and an UNOPENNED back. Microsurgery was the perfect solution, vs. a first DX of needed "FUSION" according to my first surgeon. Thanks Dr. Hilton!

February 26th, 2009
Best doctor I've ever seen
Dr. Hilton is everything you'd want a surgeon to be- knowledgable, caring, patient, confident. I felt very reassured when he came to see me just before my operation to tell me one more time what he planned to do and to ask if I was okay.