Dr. Donald Holzer MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Portsmouth, VA

• Good
  • Bad

September 21st, 2016
I would recommend Dr. Holzer to anyone that is suffering in pain every hour of every day. I had no life before I was blessed to see Dr. Holzer. Dr. Holzer took the time to listen and during each visit he takes his time to listen and does what is necessary for the patient to ensure a positive result in improving your quality of life. I thank god daily that Dr. Holzer is my physician during a very difficult time in my life.

August 10th, 2016
I have never had a doctor as wonderful as Dr. Holtzer and I doubt I will again. I recommend him wholeheartedly-he is very detailed oriented,funny, caring and nurturing all the while maintaining the utmost professional- patient relationship. I miss him.

January 18th, 2016
I highly recommend him as he is wonderful and takes the time to work with me and listens to what I have to say.

May 19th, 2015
shigella
I was in their program for over 6 years. I had numerous back injections from facet, to epidurals and then RF, just to get my lower back pain under control. I saw one PA 95% of the time and was okay. Then this year all of a sudden my pee comes up clean of all Meds. No idea how. I wake in the night in pain to take them. Without further testing of blood I'm booted from the program. I had an appt.to see Dr Holder in less then 4 days.. That was canceled. I was left w/o meds. and no way to know how to effectively withdrawal from them. Scared, panicked because I have to work, I didn't know what to do and calling their office was a waste. No one wld call back. I called my primary doctor and told him the story. He at least gave me medication to withdrawal from the meds. appropriately. Now I'm just once again fighting severe back pain. DDD, multiple compression fractures, bulging discs. I lay in bed and am at a loss. My pain is a constant 8/10. Only because I know what 10 was and I couldn't breath nor cry for fear I would hurt more after a different surgery. I feel as if Dr. Holder didn't do anything appropriate. I got the letter they weren't going to see me anymore on the 8th and had the appt. On the 14th. Bad doctor. I wld have paid to have my hair tested to prove I've been taking my meds. As prescribed. If u can find another facility, do so. They shut down their VA Bch. Office and everything went down hill from their. The front desk staff when I began were very nice and always smiled. Now they look at u as if Ur a criminal. I know there are bad eggs taking drugs that don't need them, but come on. My MRI looked like a small car wreck. I need to see what it looks like now. Something is going on worse than before because I feel like crying and I lay in bed all day long. Shame on u Dr. Holzer, not everyone is a junkie, nor are they selling their meds. Did a lot of research on the urine drug screen tests they use and they aren't as accurate as they say they are. Don't want to be on meds. Surgeon already told me don't have surgery till I can't walk. He was the first one I saw. Mid thirties I didn't even know what pain management was except in a hospital setting. I'm an educated person know the law. Did everything right. Had seizures from a biologic med for arthritis. After slamming my face into concrete, witnessed by associates, never once asked for pain meds. My face was all tore up, but was real careful to stay in my contract. CPM isn't what it used to be. Dr. Have to careful I get that. If my urine came out clean, I guess I'm not a junkie. Poo poo on u Dr. Holzer.

March 5th, 2015
Dr. Holzer takes his TIME & LISTENS to what you have to say!

September 18th, 2013
Steve T.

November 19th, 2012
Poor communication concerning facility
Out of 4 visits I was only seen by Dr. Holzer once and then by Physician Assistants. Dr. Holzer was very nice and understanding. The PAs did were not knowledgeable of my case and did not communicate well. I cannot take most narcotics but do need a sleeping med for severe insomnia and pain disrupting my sleep. The PA I last saw seemed clueless. I will not return.

July 16th, 2012
Jury still out
I am not sure yet about this company. I know that Dr. Holzer is nice thats a given, but when my medicine no longer was working well, they didn't seem to care. also, I had testing done, never called with the results. I had to call. Their follow up is not good. I called for some answers and no one knew, nor never called me back. I have another visit, I will see then, if I will continue with this practice.

May 31st, 2012
Excellent
I have been to alot of doctors regarding my pain issues. I have never met a more caring, kind, courteous doctor in all my 51 years. He has a sense of humor, he is smart in his field. I highly reccommend him for pain issues........

January 10th, 2012
Dr. Holzer and the staff at CPM are wonderful caring and compassionate practitioners. I have been a patient there for over six years. Before that my pain level was unbearable and the depression it was causing was making my life miserable. I will be eternally grateful to Dr.holzer and staff for all they've done and continue to do to help me.

February 16th, 2010
best in pain management
My husband had been to 4 pain management doctors.He and other doctors there have helped more than all the others combined

April 14th, 2017