Dr. Donald Hope MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Fairfax, VA

3.1

April 25th, 2017
Dr.Hope did an outstanding job on my neck surgery. He was personable,clearly stated what the operation would entail and what to expect after the surgery. I recommend him without reservation.

February 25th, 2017
you did a great job on my husbands C-spine surgery and we are grateful for your expertise, your compassion, and taking the time to explain everything to us in detail. We never felt rushed with you, quite the opposite, you always took your time. Both my husband and I think think you are a fantastic DR, and so do many of our friends who've had surgery performed by you.

August 20th, 2016
Hopeful
I was referred to Dr Hope by a friend who had spinal surgery. My friend spoke highly of DR Hope and how successful his surgery was. I decided to call and make an apt. I was able to get a quick appt within days of calling. I met with Dr Hope and had my questions prepared to discuss. He took time listened to me and then filled in my list of questions with ones I had not considered. He allow Me to be touchy feely with the disc, bracket and screws that would be used. I am planning to have Dr Hope perform my surgery in October. I am pleased with my. Is it and planning for a follow up before scheduling surgery. I Have confidence Dr. hope will be successful with my surgery.

July 15th, 2015
yea run do not walk
I was sent to see this man and he seen me for about 10 min then wrote a report that I was wanting drugs and our conversation had nothing to do with drugs he is not much of a Dr if he can lie and diagnos people with out properly checking them out he need to be investigated and shut down for lying on people and miss diagnosing people

May 1st, 2015
Dr Hope is the best doctor I've ever seen. He really cares and his skills are phenomenal. I have recommended him at least 6 times.

April 26th, 2015
Dr. Hope is the reason I can still walk. Great surgeon, great guy.

November 5th, 2013
Surgical Procedure
I received outstanding attention from Dr. Hope and his staff. My life has been turned around and I feel healthier than I have in many years. The surgical procedure was quick and effective, and the follow-up reassuring and helpful.

August 24th, 2012
I have my life back!!!!
After months of messing around with what I thought was a pulled hamstring, Dr. Hope set me straight. I had a herniated disc between L-5 and S-1 pressing on a nerve making my life absolutely miserable. By the time I went in to see Dr. Hope I was taking Vicodin just to get out of bed in the morning. He reviewed my MRI and recommended surgery as my best option considering how far the injury had progressed. We scheduled the surgery for the following Monday (4 days later). That Saturday I began having problems with bladder control and called Dr. Hope. He recommended emergency surgery that night to ensure the issues I was having would not become permanent. I was in the hospital by 7:00 pm and out around 11:30 pm. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and reassuring. From the moment I awoke, the nerve pain was GONE!!!! For those of you who've experienced this, you know this is more than a miracle (or at least it certainly feels like one). I'm 6 days post-op and no longer need vicodin or percocet to function. Of course I'm sore from the surgery but I feel absolutely amazing. I cannot thank Dr. Hope enough for taking care of me in my hour of need -- and I was I tell you at my very wits end with this pain. The biggest issue I've got now is boredom, waiting to return to work! Thank you Dr. Hope, from the bottom of my heart (and spine). I feel I've got a new lease on life.

April 27th, 2012
Herniated Disc - L5 Surgery
I'm very pleased with Dr. Hope, his staff and the surgery. I experienced immediate relief from the pain in my left leg. I had no problems post-surgery. Dr. Hope is knowledgeable, kind and listens. Do yourself a favor -- pay him a visit and get rid of the pain!

December 4th, 2011
Great Doctor and great outcome
Dr. Hope saw me after my MRI; he was very caring in his approach to my L4/5 disk problem; explained the situation and gave me choices; operated on my ruptured disk with excellent results and good followup; office staff is friendly, competent and efficient; I highly recommend Dr. Donald Hope.

June 5th, 2011
Results speak for themselves
Like another reviewer, I find it difficult to believe that the doctor some reviewers describe is the one who provided my care. In increasingly severe pain (and I have a very high pain threshold) with a herniated disc, I was given Dr. Hope's name by another of my doctors, after which I followed up on his website. In the office I found his staff and him to be courteous, patient and willing to answer questions. True, the pre and post op visits did not take long, but I had sufficient time to ask questions and have them answered to my satisfaction. Best of all, the surgery went smoothly, after which I followed his post op instructions and was up and walking around in several days--and driving/walking to and enjoying a Dixie Chicks concert two weeks later! In the intervening eight or so years since, I have continued to live a completely pain-free, very active professional and personal life (cycling, strength-training, running, swimming); and I've thought often, since then, of how fitting Dr. Hope's name is. In short, I chose Dr. Hope over another surgeon, not based on how much time he spent with me or how long I had to wait in his office, but precisely because of his experience: I wanted an excellent outcome; and I got it.

May 24th, 2011
Dr. Hopeless
Bad doctor. Do not consult.