Dr. Donald Hoscheit MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 23rd, 2015
Been doin the same old same ole for 2 long
Dismissed every GI complaint I had. He's been practicing too long to care anymore. He has had too much of the same song and dance for too long. He's due to retire and his attitude shows.

January 19th, 2015
Excellent, knowledgable Doctor.

September 15th, 2013
Used to be good, but 10 years later, can't be bothered with trivialities like follow-up
Had to see Dr. Hoscheit 10 years ago for a GI issue and he was good although a bit lax in his concern. Still, he was thorough. Moved back into the area 10 years later and needed to see him for another reason, and it was as if he didn't have time to see me -- and I was his only patient for the entire hour. He gave me the usual song and dance about diet & weight loss (I'm about 10 lbs under the standard weight/BMI charts), laughed condescending when I told him what my previous GI had done, and then proceeded to tell me I need an upper and lower GI checkup (I'm under 50). "Coincidentally", the only time he could fit me in was when he had hours at a surgical facility in which he has a financial interest. Although he didn't hide his financial interest, I felt like I was being steered in that direction. The people in that facility were rude and abusive, to which he answered "well, you'll never have to see them again. Just trust me." And regardless how many times I tried to call the office for results, no one would call me back until over a month later. Guess he's to busy counting his money and planning for retirement to care anymore.

March 10th, 2013
During office visit was told -- "We can do XYZ and if those tests are negative, at least I can say the issue isn't coming from your gut." Nice to know he's clearing his conscious that his side is clean rather than helping steer a patient where they can go for additional help.Called several times for biopsy results -- no return calls from anyone on staff. Two months later received a letter saying "all is fine".