Dr. Donald John MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

May 12th, 2017
Waiting to see how all turns out
My Opthomologist sent me to him because I was losing my peripheral vision and it wasn't inside my eyes. I'm eating now on results from last CT of throat to see what/ where my optic nerve is compressed? Vision has improved on Pred but for how long? Between him and my PCP Abad I'm hoping to hurry and find out. I don't like my next appt of 10 weeks ( after RX for Pred will run out). I'm terrified and counting heavily on him. He's nice and calm, where I'm bordering on hysteria. I hope and pray this gets fixed. I'd rather be dead than blind.

January 31st, 2017
Good doctor, horrible receptionist.
I like him. He knows his specialty well. His receptionist needs to retire. She is awful. She is rude, curt, talks down to you, and acts like you are bothering her.

March 16th, 2016
Retired USAF officer, RN
Dr. Donald John has an excellent bedside manner. He spends the time to listen to the patients complaints. He fully informs patients about any necessary medical procedures and about any medications prescribed. Dr. Donald John has, besides his excellent medical knowledge, the ability to put the patient at ease; his genuine desire to improve the health and well being of the patient is evident with every encounter. I am very pleased that Dr. John has been my neurologist for many, many years.

March 7th, 2016
His receptionist is rude and doesn't like it when you question her, it took 4 days of phone calls to get the nurse to get an mri scheduled that he ordered. My boyfriend is his patient and I was going to go to him myself m but not if I have to deal with his receptionist.

January 6th, 2015
Pathetic
One star is what I had to put, they need zero stars. The receptionist is incompetent. She never cals to let me know I have important papers to fill out and sign, NEVER. I was without my medication for months because she didn't call me to pick up refill papers to send into the company to get my meds. pathetic receptionist! I called to find out she had the paperwork sent to the office 2 months before and she never called me to pick it up. i had to call the drug company to find this out. He needs to fire her before he gets a law suit. He doesn't care about his patients or he would get a new receptionist that can do the job. A dead monkey could be a better receptionist than what he has. i have been screwed out of my meds EVERYTIME I had to refill. I had to fax them some papers and i had to call to see what the holdup was and I found out they didn't get the 2nd page. PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That receptionist is rude and doesn't do her job. Any other place in the world whould have fired her from how she treats patients and can't call people to let them know if they have or needs more information. How in the world is he still in business?

November 30th, 2012
Very inept
My sister was mis-diagnosed by Dr. John...luckily, the treatments for her illness were the same as for the mis-diagnosed illness. However, the treatments that he prescribed were inadequate and she has now spent 8 months undergoing painful, expensive treatments that were completely ineffective...wasted, because the dosage was so very far below even the basic dosage that is known to be helpful and effective. He is uncaring, disrespectful and we could never reach him in an emergency if it was after hours for his office. He didn't accept patient calls after hours and was never on call. In our case, he was always looking for someone else to blame for his incompetencies and those of his staff. For instance, the insurance company, etc. Personally, I wouldn't let this man clip my dog's nails. His "knowledge" is limited and questionable. He is difficult. He "punishes" you if an appointment has to be cancelled, by not allowing you to make another appointment for 6 weeks. Very frustrating. He has absolutely no sense of urgency.Please, don't let this man "treat" you or someone you love....find yourself a real doctor. I hope this helps to save someone else from the problems he has caused for my sister. Dr. John really has no business being a doctor...much less a neurologist. If you ARE a patient of his, please get a second opinion.

June 28th, 2011
I was very disappointed in the way he handled the situation he recently put himself in. He gave my sister a medicine for "seizures" he said she was having and the medicine ended up giving her the fatal rash, one of its side effects, that turned into Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. She was put into a burn unit in Lubbock for 17 days and nearly lost her life. She will now have problems for the rest of her life. Before she was care-flown to Lubbock he was making his brief 'rounds' in the hospital where he walked in to say "Ah, I hear Bailey has a little rash...yeah she'll be okay." After saying that and leaving her hospital room he never called out to Lubbock to check on her or anything. About a month ago my mom got a bill in the mail for his little visit he payed Bailey right before she was flown to Lubbock...personally I thought that was very shady of him to do, especially since he never called to even check on her. He can't say he didn't know it was that serious because A. he was her Dr. and he prescribed her the meds and B. she was all over the news. We will never use his services again and I will never recommend him to anyone for anything. And after a Dr's visit in Lubbock today Bailey was diagnosed with P.O.T.S. which has nothing to do with seizures...they aren't even related. So he mis-diagnosed her by a long shot and could care less that he nearly took her life by prescribing her a medicine she clearly didn't need.

May 9th, 2010
He wasn't even listening to me. I'll never go back. He's a quack.

May 8th, 2010
he does unnecessary tests and procedures. he's a quack!

May 12th, 2017