Surgeons
1350 Kirts Blvd
Ste 160
Troy, MI 48084
248-244-9426
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Furious Patient  |  show details
by Karen Maynard on Jul 10th, 2014

Dr. Knapke did a complete knee replacement of my left leg Oct 2013 I didn't have a knee cap when he started, so the replacement was a challenge at which he explained to me before surgery the knee he put in pops, moves buckles and honestly I can't tell the difference no reduction of pain. Follow up visist he has been very concerned and had offered some options. My problem is not with Dr. Knapke he has the worse staff I have ever been to in my life and believe me I have been to several. On June 27 2014 I was playing with my 100 pound dog and he jumped off the coffee table into my arms like a little child would however I wasn't expecting it and he knocked me flat on my face. On July 7th I called the office my knee with the knee replacement had been hurting since the fall and was getting worse instead of better. When they finally answered the phone I was told I could not get in to see him until late August but I could see Joel on July 31st. I explained to her again that I was in a lot of pain and could hardly walk, she said to me I will transfer you to the nurse and if she feels that it is an emergency she will tell me to work you in. It was and hour or so before the nurse returned my call and the first words out of her mouth was why are you calling me for an appointment I am a nurse I don't make appointments, I explained the intire story to her again and I said if I can't get in I understand i will go to urgent care however urgent care puts a bandaide on it and tells you to go see your doctor. She yeah urgent care won't do anything for you. Her next question was can you walk and I said yes but I am in a lot of pain. she said if you can walk there is nothing I can do for you. I was so shocked at that statement that i couldn't even respond and I am never at a loss for words. I ended up going to urgent care and I did have a serious injury. Its a shame that a good Doctor like Dr. Knapke is to busy to read his reviews and see that most people talk positive about him, but negitive about his staff. I know I am done with the whole bunch of them.

|  Knee replacement  |  show details
by Richard Fuhrman on Jun 1st, 2014

October of 2013 Dr. Knapke performed a complete replacement of my left knee. He did a fantastic job. I am 79 years old and My knee is like new. Not only do I attribute my outcome to Dr. Knapke's skill but also to the physical therapy that he prescribed. I highly recommend him.

|  Great Doctor.  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2014

He is a wonderful doctor. He replaced both my hips (2 yrs. apart) and I walk with no limp and now no pain. He is wonderful; would highly recommend him. I followed all his instructions re therapy and home exercises and I think this is key to healing. Thank you Dr. Knapke for making my life so much better. I also found his office staff very friendly; you get what you give.

|  No follow up/rude staff  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2014

I had total hip replacement 7 weeks ago. Something is the matter and no one at Troy Orthopedics cares at all. They've already been paid so why should they. I'm in horrible pain and can barely walk. I would caution patients to avoid this practice. They are rude, uncaring and I'm beginning to think -dangerous.

|  What a joke. Where do they hire their office staff from???  |  show details
by Troy Orthopaedic Patient on Nov 17th, 2013

The staff here is the rudest by far of any dr's office I have ever dealt with in my life. The nurses are not much better. They sit there and let the patients call and decide when to answer. The girls that work behind the counter look like girls straight from the hills; bleached blonde hair with roots showing, sleazy looking make-up, and they sit around and gossip nonstop about patients that are sitting right out in the office. These dr's must have no clue as to the bimbos that they have as staff. There is one who thinks she is a dr. Come to find out.. She is one of the Dr's wives. I would never ever go back there again, EVER. Two appointments told me what I needed to know for god.

|  Dr Liar  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2013

He put in a metal to metal hip replacement that he said was the best, he just raved about it. Four years later it failed and caused the bone to break, now I have a permanent limp. I sued the maker, now the good Dr has a change of heart, he said he warned me about the metal to metal replacement. This man is a liar do not see a man that does not have ethics.

|  Office staff and nurses unprofessional - Be prepared to wait for everything!  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2013

I was referred to this doctor by another specialist who I hold in the highest regard. Dr. Knapke was professional and knowledgeable but spent only a few minutes with me and I left with no plan of treatment for my injury. When I called to schedule follow up apt I was told it would be 2 weeks for an appointment. I was referred for additional testing which required an authorization and the assistance of one of the nurses who told me I would have to wait at least 3 days because she was busy and could not have any overtime. When I asked if the authorization could be expedited, she yelled at me on the phone. Although I was finally able to schedule the tests, I waited 4 days to hear back, left several messages, and still did not receive a call. The front office staff is unprofessional, wait times are long and forget trying to reach a live person by phone or get a call back within a reasonable amount of time. The office is under renovation and the staff is working on temporary desks in the hallway, which is a little concerning because they have patient information sitting out. Seems like some of the processes in place in this office regarding patient care and follow up need to revamped. The staff seems disgruntled and does not seem to care about what they are doing especially when it comes to taking care of or providing assistance to patients.

|  Really great physician !  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2012

I would highly recommend this physician. He is very kind, patient and focused on his patients as individuals and not case numbers.

|  So far, so good  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

Became acquainted with Dr. Knapke in an emergency setting seven weeks ago. I had a severe hip fracture that was a freak occurrence. Dr. Knapke literally bolted me back together and has been great. We have had very frank and candid conversations in my follow-ups and I'm starting physical therapy in another week. I appreciate that he doesn't sugar-coat anything and he lets me know what he thinks as far as a prognosis whether it's what to hear or not.

|  Doctor was not in office for appointment  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

I made anppointment with this doctor 4 yrs ago. When I arrived at the appointment I learned that he was not there that day and an apology followed. I resecheduled and all went well. I made an appointment one month ago to take place today. When I arrived I was told he was not in again and that they tried to call me without an answer. I have an ansewering machine and was also home for several of the past days but no call came. Then I was told they had no phone number for me on file. What? I rescheduled once again after waiting 1 month for the appointment and taking the day off from work. The girls (2) at the desk never looked at me, never answered my query of why no phone number and why cancelled and were downright cold and rude. Something is not right in this office or this doctor is at the bottom of their scheduling list.

|  Terrific Bone Dr.  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

Dr. Knapke correctly diagnosed my knee problem, spoke intelligently of options,and did not rush me into surgery, he armed me with information and he allowed me to judge with the time was right for total knee replacement surgery.All said, I wish I had met him 4 years ago. I had total knee replacement and he repaired a fractured patella which went undiagnosed by an arthrits Dr. who DOES NOT practice with Troy Orthopedics.I am a walking miracle. I no longer limp and I am pain free. It's been 5 months since my surgery. After 10 days I felt better than I had in 4 days. I had 3 mos. of Physical Therapy, and I took it seriously.Thanks Dr. Knapke! I refer you and Troy Ortopedics to people who are suffering and need the best.

|  Great Dr  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2010

Knows his stuff!!!!!!!! would go back to him in a minute for hips, knees whatever he make sure what ever it is and does it RIGHT! Very up front with you and what he can do for you! I have alot of trust in him Hes very good at what he does And I think hes just great!!!!!!!

|  show details
Nov 25th, 2009

Dr. Knapke is worth the wait!

|  show details
Oct 4th, 2009

A GREAT DOCTOR I WOULD RECOMMEND DR KNAPE TO EVERYONE.

|  Choose Dr Hubers instead  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2008

He turns you over to Ann, nurse practioner, who is his wife and she thinks she is the doctor. (She wears the big pants) When Dr Knapke doesn't know why you are not healing, he gives up and blames you. Not a nice man!!!!