Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Cathy Drew on Aug 1st, 2016

Fantastic Dr on time easy to talk with

by Duane Schoenherr on Jun 21st, 2016

Dr. Knapke is the ultimate curer of pain. He helped me so much. The instant I got out of the bed at the hospital I was free of pain, beside the obvious incision pain, and able to walk pain free. If there were six stars for ratings I'd give him seven. Thanks Dr Knapke you saved me

May 19th, 2016

My opinion, I need to write a book(if he does not contact me I will) He did knee surg. on me. My second. Would not help me with getting justice from 1st surg. Then after my surg. when it went wrong would call me back with results, sent me a bill, that was back in feb. I can't walk well knee clicks, very loose again. Now I have to see a 3rd knee Dr. I have a lot more to say. This is all for now.

Not good for me show details Not good for me
by WG-Sterling Heights on May 14th, 2016

The most memorable thing about him, was he talked to me, ordered x-rays and gave me knee shots. No exam. Disappointing. I was rushed in and out and him making way for the next patient. Appointment had to be made months in advance. ... awful. Staff was curt. Waited for almost a half hour to see doc. Diagnosis, I don't know. Never explained the xrays or diagnosis, or treatment or anything. No follow-up either. I don't think I want to go back and I am looking for a new doc.

The best show details The best
by Bruce on Dec 4th, 2015

This Dr. Is a magician , I was back to work in 8 days! His consultation was clear and concise, his surgical skills were the best I'd ever received!

Sep 10th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Knapke for many years and have even had knee surgery (scope). He has helped me to stay pretty much pain free for the past eight years. He treats me like he would treat his mom. Lovely bedside manner too. Highly recommend.

by Vicki on Aug 18th, 2015

My husband had a total hip replaceent by Dr. Knapke and was walking withing hours. The pain has been minor and my husband has needed no pain medication. We have been extremely pleased with every detail concerning this procedure. Dr. Knapke and his staff have made this experience better than we ever anticipated. We highly reccommend both the Dr. his staff and Beaumont Hospital to anyone facing Orthopedic surgey.

by Janet Kaltz on May 26th, 2015

He was highly recommended to me for hip / knee replacement and I was very pleased with my results.. My problem is difficulty "talking" with anyone at the office including the doctor. I always had to leave a message and wait for a return call, sometimes, days later.

Total Hip Replacement show details Total Hip Replacement
by Dean Stanton on Oct 6th, 2014

I want people to know that Dr Knapke is a very compassionat Doctor who cares. I am a patient of Dr Knapke who performed a Total Hip Replacement in 2013 on me. I recently went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN for a Executive Physical and there Orthopedic Specialist stated that the Dr who performed my THR did an EXCELLENT JOB. For anyone who is familiar with The Mayo Clinic that is HIGH PRAISE for Dr. Knapke and the skill he has. I would recomend anyone needing HIP surgery to at least call for an appointment to have Dr Knapke consult with you on any concerns you may have.

Great Doctor. show details Great Doctor.
Mar 20th, 2014

He is a wonderful doctor. He replaced both my hips (2 yrs. apart) and I walk with no limp and now no pain. He is wonderful; would highly recommend him. I followed all his instructions re therapy and home exercises and I think this is key to healing. Thank you Dr. Knapke for making my life so much better. I also found his office staff very friendly; you get what you give.

No follow up/rude staff show details No follow up/rude staff
Jan 13th, 2014

I had total hip replacement 7 weeks ago. Something is the matter and no one at Troy Orthopedics cares at all. They've already been paid so why should they. I'm in horrible pain and can barely walk. I would caution patients to avoid this practice. They are rude, uncaring and I'm beginning to think -dangerous.

What a joke. Where do they hire their office staff from??? show details What a joke. Where do they hire their office staff from???
by Troy Orthopaedic Patient on Nov 17th, 2013

The staff here is the rudest by far of any dr's office I have ever dealt with in my life. The nurses are not much better. They sit there and let the patients call and decide when to answer. The girls that work behind the counter look like girls straight from the hills; bleached blonde hair with roots showing, sleazy looking make-up, and they sit around and gossip nonstop about patients that are sitting right out in the office. These dr's must have no clue as to the bimbos that they have as staff. There is one who thinks she is a dr. Come to find out.. She is one of the Dr's wives. I would never ever go back there again, EVER. Two appointments told me what I needed to know for god.

Dr Liar show details Dr Liar
Aug 31st, 2013

He put in a metal to metal hip replacement that he said was the best, he just raved about it. Four years later it failed and caused the bone to break, now I have a permanent limp. I sued the maker, now the good Dr has a change of heart, he said he warned me about the metal to metal replacement. This man is a liar do not see a man that does not have ethics.

Office staff and nurses unprofessional - Be prepared to wait for everything! show details Office staff and nurses unprofessional - Be prepared to wait for everything!
Jan 24th, 2013

I was referred to this doctor by another specialist who I hold in the highest regard. Dr. Knapke was professional and knowledgeable but spent only a few minutes with me and I left with no plan of treatment for my injury. When I called to schedule follow up apt I was told it would be 2 weeks for an appointment. I was referred for additional testing which required an authorization and the assistance of one of the nurses who told me I would have to wait at least 3 days because she was busy and could not have any overtime. When I asked if the authorization could be expedited, she yelled at me on the phone. Although I was finally able to schedule the tests, I waited 4 days to hear back, left several messages, and still did not receive a call. The front office staff is unprofessional, wait times are long and forget trying to reach a live person by phone or get a call back within a reasonable amount of time. The office is under renovation and the staff is working on temporary desks in the hallway, which is a little concerning because they have patient information sitting out. Seems like some of the processes in place in this office regarding patient care and follow up need to revamped. The staff seems disgruntled and does not seem to care about what they are doing especially when it comes to taking care of or providing assistance to patients.

Really great physician ! show details Really great physician !
Jul 12th, 2012

I would highly recommend this physician. He is very kind, patient and focused on his patients as individuals and not case numbers.

So far, so good show details So far, so good
Jun 3rd, 2011

Became acquainted with Dr. Knapke in an emergency setting seven weeks ago. I had a severe hip fracture that was a freak occurrence. Dr. Knapke literally bolted me back together and has been great. We have had very frank and candid conversations in my follow-ups and I'm starting physical therapy in another week. I appreciate that he doesn't sugar-coat anything and he lets me know what he thinks as far as a prognosis whether it's what to hear or not.

Doctor was not in office for appointment show details Doctor was not in office for appointment
May 20th, 2011

I made anppointment with this doctor 4 yrs ago. When I arrived at the appointment I learned that he was not there that day and an apology followed. I resecheduled and all went well. I made an appointment one month ago to take place today. When I arrived I was told he was not in again and that they tried to call me without an answer. I have an ansewering machine and was also home for several of the past days but no call came. Then I was told they had no phone number for me on file. What? I rescheduled once again after waiting 1 month for the appointment and taking the day off from work. The girls (2) at the desk never looked at me, never answered my query of why no phone number and why cancelled and were downright cold and rude. Something is not right in this office or this doctor is at the bottom of their scheduling list.

Terrific Bone Dr. show details Terrific Bone Dr.
May 16th, 2011

Dr. Knapke correctly diagnosed my knee problem, spoke intelligently of options,and did not rush me into surgery, he armed me with information and he allowed me to judge with the time was right for total knee replacement surgery.All said, I wish I had met him 4 years ago. I had total knee replacement and he repaired a fractured patella which went undiagnosed by an arthrits Dr. who DOES NOT practice with Troy Orthopedics.I am a walking miracle. I no longer limp and I am pain free. It's been 5 months since my surgery. After 10 days I felt better than I had in 4 days. I had 3 mos. of Physical Therapy, and I took it seriously.Thanks Dr. Knapke! I refer you and Troy Ortopedics to people who are suffering and need the best.

Great Dr show details Great Dr
Aug 30th, 2010

Knows his stuff!!!!!!!! would go back to him in a minute for hips, knees whatever he make sure what ever it is and does it RIGHT! Very up front with you and what he can do for you! I have alot of trust in him Hes very good at what he does And I think hes just great!!!!!!!

Nov 25th, 2009

Dr. Knapke is worth the wait!

Oct 4th, 2009

A GREAT DOCTOR I WOULD RECOMMEND DR KNAPE TO EVERYONE.

Choose Dr Hubers instead show details Choose Dr Hubers instead
Nov 18th, 2008

He turns you over to Ann, nurse practioner, who is his wife and she thinks she is the doctor. (She wears the big pants) When Dr Knapke doesn't know why you are not healing, he gives up and blames you. Not a nice man!!!!