Dr. Donald Knapke MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 1st, 2016
Fantastic Dr on time easy to talk with

June 21st, 2016
Dr. Knapke is the ultimate curer of pain. He helped me so much. The instant I got out of the bed at the hospital I was free of pain, beside the obvious incision pain, and able to walk pain free. If there were six stars for ratings I'd give him seven. Thanks Dr Knapke you saved me

May 19th, 2016
My opinion, I need to write a book(if he does not contact me I will) He did knee surg. on me. My second. Would not help me with getting justice from 1st surg. Then after my surg. when it went wrong would call me back with results, sent me a bill, that was back in feb. I can't walk well knee clicks, very loose again. Now I have to see a 3rd knee Dr. I have a lot more to say. This is all for now.

May 14th, 2016
Not good for me
The most memorable thing about him, was he talked to me, ordered x-rays and gave me knee shots. No exam. Disappointing. I was rushed in and out and him making way for the next patient. Appointment had to be made months in advance. ... awful. Staff was curt. Waited for almost a half hour to see doc. Diagnosis, I don't know. Never explained the xrays or diagnosis, or treatment or anything. No follow-up either. I don't think I want to go back and I am looking for a new doc.

December 4th, 2015
The best
This Dr. Is a magician , I was back to work in 8 days! His consultation was clear and concise, his surgical skills were the best I'd ever received!

September 10th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Knapke for many years and have even had knee surgery (scope). He has helped me to stay pretty much pain free for the past eight years. He treats me like he would treat his mom. Lovely bedside manner too. Highly recommend.

August 18th, 2015
My husband had a total hip replaceent by Dr. Knapke and was walking withing hours. The pain has been minor and my husband has needed no pain medication. We have been extremely pleased with every detail concerning this procedure. Dr. Knapke and his staff have made this experience better than we ever anticipated. We highly reccommend both the Dr. his staff and Beaumont Hospital to anyone facing Orthopedic surgey.

May 26th, 2015
He was highly recommended to me for hip / knee replacement and I was very pleased with my results.. My problem is difficulty "talking" with anyone at the office including the doctor. I always had to leave a message and wait for a return call, sometimes, days later.

October 6th, 2014
Total Hip Replacement
I want people to know that Dr Knapke is a very compassionat Doctor who cares. I am a patient of Dr Knapke who performed a Total Hip Replacement in 2013 on me. I recently went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN for a Executive Physical and there Orthopedic Specialist stated that the Dr who performed my THR did an EXCELLENT JOB. For anyone who is familiar with The Mayo Clinic that is HIGH PRAISE for Dr. Knapke and the skill he has. I would recomend anyone needing HIP surgery to at least call for an appointment to have Dr Knapke consult with you on any concerns you may have.

March 20th, 2014
Great Doctor.
He is a wonderful doctor. He replaced both my hips (2 yrs. apart) and I walk with no limp and now no pain. He is wonderful; would highly recommend him. I followed all his instructions re therapy and home exercises and I think this is key to healing. Thank you Dr. Knapke for making my life so much better. I also found his office staff very friendly; you get what you give.

January 13th, 2014
No follow up/rude staff
I had total hip replacement 7 weeks ago. Something is the matter and no one at Troy Orthopedics cares at all. They've already been paid so why should they. I'm in horrible pain and can barely walk. I would caution patients to avoid this practice. They are rude, uncaring and I'm beginning to think -dangerous.

November 17th, 2013
What a joke. Where do they hire their office staff from???
The staff here is the rudest by far of any dr's office I have ever dealt with in my life. The nurses are not much better. They sit there and let the patients call and decide when to answer. The girls that work behind the counter look like girls straight from the hills; bleached blonde hair with roots showing, sleazy looking make-up, and they sit around and gossip nonstop about patients that are sitting right out in the office. These dr's must have no clue as to the bimbos that they have as staff. There is one who thinks she is a dr. Come to find out.. She is one of the Dr's wives. I would never ever go back there again, EVER. Two appointments told me what I needed to know for god.