Dr. Donald Kucharzyk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Kucharzyk?

July 11th, 2017

FINALLY......a doctor who listens, cares and is competent.

I arranged an appointment with Dr. Kucharzyk after I sustained a knee injury. I have to admit that I did seek medical care from another Orthopedic surgeon right after the injury. The physician I saw (after a very limited AND non-thorough assessment) who did not even look at my knee prescribed Motrin and Medrol Dose Pack. With bruising, swelling and pain increasing WITHOUT any relief ~ I saw Dr. Kucharzyk who after reviewing my MRI and a thorough physical assessment of my knee advised me that the best course of treatment would be surgical repair due to derangement of my knee as well as meniscus tear. After surgery (2 days later @ Pinnacle Hospital in Crown Point) I was on the road to recovery. I had such good care...was very informed at EACH of the process and most importantly ~ Dr. Kucharzyk and his entire staff were amazing and very accommodating. I only missed (4) days of work. I have never felt better AND to this day........My Knee Is Better Than Ever. Thank You Dr. Kucharzyk!!!!!!!!!!

March 24th, 2016

Misdiagnosed and treated

May 5th, 2015

Arrogant and rude

This surgeon didn't tell me he was putting a bone stimulator in my back during a fusion surgery and even neglected to tell me he did it until a month after! His staff is also rude. Was five minutes late for my follow up appointment and they sent me away. I had come from Valpo to Crown Point. Would never recommend this surgeon to anybody. And it looks like lots of people have had bad experiences with him and his staff.

April 3rd, 2012

complete mis diagnosis

My family has been a patient of the doctor for over 20 years. I had a foot injury that he misdiagnosed and then became irritated with me when I got a second opinion. Lucky I did. I was walking on a dislocated foot for 5 months and the doctor told me I had arthritis. I understand he is a spine specialist but if he is not qualified to make a foot diagnosis then dont accept a patient with a foot injury!

February 8th, 2012

This doctor is not thorough - he rushes patients through and contradicts himself from visit to visit. His misdiagnosised the curvature in our daugher's spine and she has missed her window of opporutnity for correction without surgical intervention. He also is not aggressive enough with bracing and early intervention with scoliosis.

July 14th, 2011

5 years ago I broke my outside ankle & the inside part was out of place. He fixed me up with a metal plate & 7 screws. I'm just like new. He didn't rush me back to work, but a reasonable time when I felt I could handle being on my feet once again all day long.

November 19th, 2010

Office staff is worst in history

Office personnel are discourteous, rude and disrespectful. I would not recommend this Dr. simply for his office staff.

June 30th, 2010

Nut Job

In 2001 my 12 year old daughter was under his knife; harrington rods. She's now 22 and her rods broke, brackets, screws, bolts are all lose, broken away; spine is once again like a backward "S". Over the years he kept telling us "everything is just fine". Had other specialists tell us this surgery was "a botched job and her scoliosis advanced into her neck". She's in a lot of pain and deformed. Dr. Donald Kucharzyk should have his license taken away and never practice medicine again!

June 11th, 2010

withholds information

My daughter had a severe case of Scoliosis. He preformed her surgery in 2000, everythings was fine, then. In 2008 she was complaining of back and neck pain, he said she had an inverted neck and sent her to P.T. Didn't help. He took x-rays over the years and I kept asking him why her spine and the rods were becoming more to an angle, he just blew me off, said everything was ok. I took her to another doctor (June 2010), took x-rays and one of the rods were broken and most of the screws and bolts came lose and now her spine is like a question mark once again. He DID NOT inform us that these rods (Harrington Rods) HAVE a history of breaking within 10 to 16 years and that another surgery is required! She is in pain!

May 14th, 2010

He knows what he is doing. He tells you like it is and then gives you the options available to your situation. I would recommend him to anyone.

January 22nd, 2010

Staff

Do not go this doctor if you are in extreme pain. The doctor gives you enough pain medication for 15 days. When you run out and need a refill it is a major hassle. They will tell you that you have enough for more than the 15 day and that you shouldn't be running out. For example, I got my script filled on the 13th of Jan. The script is to take 1 tab. every 6 hours. According to them I have enough to go until the first of Feb. So I get to endure extreme pain until the first because they can't add. If you make to much of a stink they will blacklist your phone number and not answer your calls. I know this because I was using my cell phone to call them and over several days and many tries they would not answer the phone. I was curious so I went and got one of those magicjack things and called from that after trying with my cell. The cell would not be answered. I than used the magicjack number and guess what, they picked right up.

July 7th, 2017