Dr. Donald Kwok MD Patient Reviews

2.5

July 20th, 2016
A Doctor I can trust
Very professional. Takes time and listens. Asks and answers questions. Impressed with the breadth of his questioning about prior history. Office staff is courteous and helpful. Felt they were competent.

May 6th, 2015
To be avoided. Especially the assistant.
Had an appointment today - doctor is sick. Understandable, even doctors get sick sometimes, however... They just straight up cancelled the appointment, and I had to make a new one for more than 2 weeks from now which will not help my current condition. Assistant was very uncooperative and downright rude about it on the phone. Said if I wanted the appointment I better take it as she had a bunch of people right in front of her in the office. How is she so busy if the doctor isn't even there? She should have rescheduled ALL appointments for a day later. Guess that would have been too much work. Instead, she chooses to take people who, through no fault of their own lost their appointment, and puts them at the back of the queue. I accept the appointment then she promptly hangs up without even bothering to tell me what time the appointment is. After I have to leave yet another voice mail, she calls back an hour later with a dismissive apology and the appointment time. I do not appreciate the way I was treated by her, nor the absolutely ridiculous way she handled this entire situation. Unhappy doesn't quite cover it.

May 3rd, 2015
Burned out, needs to retire
An uncaring and unresponsive zombie. Never makes eye contact, just stares at his computer screen, never said much at all. Never physically examined me, left the room without saying a word and a nurse came in and gave me a prescription -- the same one I'd been taking only double the dose! Apparently has never head about bedside manner. Who does this guy think he is? What a jerk!

January 16th, 2015
Appointment
Been waiting three days for a return call from his nurse for an appointment. I totally give up. Michelle says she will call back by the end of the work day ( 3 days ago ) or within 24 hours. Guess she doesn't know what time it is !

August 17th, 2013
Arrogant and Irresponsible
I have a chronic disease which requires medications that have some detrimental gastric side effects. Dr. Kwok diagnosed me with Gastroparisis (slowing down of digestion), which causes nausea, vomiting and reflux. He told me to stop taking my medication (?!?!?!). If I stop taking my medication, how do I treat my chronic disease???? My neurologist was furious that another doctor would be so irresponsible at to tell someone to stop taking their meds. I wonder if he tells cancer patients "if stop going to chemo, your vomiting will stop". What a jerk.

November 13th, 2011
Too curt
Seems preoccupied with other matters and not too caring about your problem.

March 26th, 2011
He good at what he does. He get to the bottom of things. He is very caring,but will not baby you. I think that why some get mad.

February 4th, 2011
Great MD. Would definitely see again and recommend to family and friends. His office staff is now better overall. Before there were a couple that weren't very nice. But seems like they had fired those already.

August 19th, 2010
Poor Follow up by his Staff
Frustrated and would NOT recommend the Gastroenterology Associates. The doctors there seem good at what they do and we have no problem with them, however, if you have after the procedure complications and need assistance, you can not get any of the nurses or staff to call you back for support or guidance. Find a different place that has competent doctors and a caring competent staff - you'll be happy you did.