Dr. Donald Smith Jr MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2017
Never on time
Min wait 30 minutes past schedule time he has no sense of time your time is not valuable

April 18th, 2017
Can't tell the difference between a common illness and cancer!
I thought he must be really good based on wait time, but this doctor and office sucks. Had groin aches and pains and went to see what was wrong, and after 2 visits and telling me that I need to trust him, he was wrong both times! Ended up having a hernia, which bothers me that a specialist in the area the hernia was could not even notice an abnormal lump. This was after a ultrasound of the area as well! You can say it isn't their job to notice things like this, but after seeing another urologist for a second opinion, he clearly found the hernia within a few minutes! What a joke of a doctor! Go back to school and refresh your knowledge. Very educated and nice if you know for sure that it is urology related, but if you have any doubt DONT WASTE YOUR TIME! You're better going to the ER or urgent care before coming here. Good luck getting him to change or explore other opinions as well, too prideful for his own good!

May 15th, 2016
Seems to have a chip on his shoulder. Blames others for problems he created. Refuses to be challenged. Full of pride. Sad to see in a professional.

January 28th, 2016
My husband just had a procedure. The nurses kept telling him something wasn't right. He said it was normal. My husband was flown to another hospital where he almost died.

January 2nd, 2016
Uncaring doctor
Never came to see me after my surgery but knew I was in serious distress and ordered a procedure which made things worse and corrected nothing. When I talked to him about it on phone, he hung up on me. Incompetent and dangerous man. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!

August 21st, 2010
Had several successful procedures with Dr. Smith until mid 2009 when he performed a surgery in which I became extremely ill with an infection that he kept telling me my symptoms were the result of the surgery. His office misdiagnosed me following a ct scan and was going to do emergency surgery but thankfully we went to another hospital who diagnosed the infection and never performed surgery. Dr. Smith never followed up on my care even though I had medical equipment attached from my body that he placed there. I ended up needind 12 procedures/surgeries to fix things after his intial surgery. When I finally was well enough to talk with him, he just simply stated, "You left me and I never knew what happened to you." Though he did know because his office personally gave my ct scan to a relative so it could be taken to the other hospital when I was so ill. I was very dissappointed in his reaction to me and how he deals with a crisis. I would never recommend him to anyone!!!!!!!

July 11th, 2017