Dr. Donald Lakatosh MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 21st, 2017
Doctor that actually cares
Every visit I've had with doctor Lakatosh has been a delightful experience, he listens and thoroughly explains his diagnosis in terms that anyone can understand. He seems to care about you (the patient) more than many doctors I've encountered and he tries to get to the root cause of what ever might be giving you trouble, not just prescribe a medicine that might mask the symptoms, but not cure the problem. I can't recommend Dr Lakatosh highly enough and NO, I have never known Dr. Lakatosh prior to walking into his office for the first time. Just trying to give an honest review in hopes that it may help someone else struggling to make a decision about which doctor to see.

February 26th, 2017
Very kind and caring
Dr.Lakatosh and his staff were very nice and helpful. I had been having hip pain for over a year, Dr.Lakatosh didn't throw medicine at me or blow me off, he got the problem. I have a tear in my labrum, he is sending me to an orthopedic surgeon. He's good. Very thankful that I found him

April 20th, 2015
God bless him has concern for patients and gives detail about each procedure

January 7th, 2015
Great doctor and really listens

June 21st, 2013
Clinical Support/Smoky Mountain Hospice
Dr. Lakatosh has offered services and plan of care for my 75 year old Mother who had extreme difficulty walking due to Osteoarthitus. We are not only pleased with the care Dr. Lakatosh provides but the knowlege and resoures to support the plan of care. Dr. Lakatosh is concerned about the well being of his patients, he gives you all the info you need to make decisions for yourself and is supportive of your decision. I have recommended Dr. Lakatosh to several people. My Mother is walking so much better and less pain. Not to mention the staff who are great!!!! We enjoy going to the office.

January 6th, 2012
Only doc who does his own work
I have been floating around the medical world for months now with one doctor after another walking in and looking at me and then turning me over to an assistant who later fills them in and something is always lost in translation. I am still working with Dr LaKatosh, but I will say one very important thing, he is the only doctor in the 7 months since I was injured who has even bothered to personally touch and examine the wound and the only one to personally conduct his own ultrasound rather than pushing it down to an assistant. He spent a much, much longer time with me than any other doctor and way more than I expected. As for bedside manner, I have found that sometimes very smart people who are good at what they do can be quirky. That doesn't mean that they are not being nice to you or talking down or not good at what the do. It really doesn't mean anything at all. If, like the person below, you have a personal complex where you think people talk down to you then that might be a personal problem of your own and you probably shouldn't go to smart and well educated professionals for help with your problems. You have to work with very smart people on their terms and they will help you as a general rule.

August 27th, 2009
Your Opinion
Dr. Lakatosh and his staff have been professional and caring every time I am in the office.NEEDED TREATMENT: If you weren't at the visit you should keep your opinion to yourself. Dr. Lakatosh doesn't treat chronic pain and I can see why. While in the waiting room I have meet several patients and all they is complain about their back pain or why their on disabilty.THESE PEOPLE WERE MISERABLY BEFORE THEY ENTERED THE OFFICE and now their taking out on Dr. Lakatosh and his staff.SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.VERY ODD and SEVIERVILLE: I too was shown several videos about my condition. I want my doctor to take extra time and make sure I understand what's doing on rather than giving me a drug and shuffling me out the door.Dr. Lakatosh doesn't care what insurance you have but it does matter because some insurances won't cover certain things.THAT'S NOT HIS FAULT ITS YOURS.I can not say enough good thing about Dr. Lakatosh and his staff.THANK YOU

May 22nd, 2009
I really appreciate how Dr. Lakatosh makes appointments for you, with other doctors. Saves me time and aggravation.

March 7th, 2009
Very ODD
This was the strangest experience I have ever had at a Dr's office. The lady at the front desk was just plain rude on the phone and then condescending to me in person and totally rude to another employee right in front of me ( I later found out she is Dr's wife!) Dr.Lakatosh himself has the poorest bedside manner I have ever seen. It was almost comical if it had not been real just how strange and unfriendly this husband/wife team are. I will say the rest of the staff were nice and courteous, just such a somber strange atmosphere. I would never trust my healthcare to this Dr. ever again just because it is obvious he could care less about the patient. I hate my insurance dollars paid out a bundle for this visit.

October 16th, 2008
I think he is great
I came from being a patient of one of the best physicians there is in the field of rehabilitation medicine and after moving from the west coast to Tennessee I found Dr. Lakatosh. He has impressed me with his knowledge and his manner in treating me. I would feel safe in saying that I think he is one of the best in his area.

September 22nd, 2008
Dr. Lakatosh ASSUMES that every person that walks into his office is there for a pill. He is not very caring and treats people like he is above him.

June 15th, 2016