A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Donald MacFarlane:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Donald MacFarlane is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. MacFarlane
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. MacFarlane Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Education & Awards
Dr. MacFarlane graduated from St. Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College, London, England.
Dr. MacFarlane has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Finley Hospital
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Donald Edward MacFarlane MBBS and MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Donald E. MacFarlane practice?
- Dr. Donald MacFarlane has 1 office location.
Dr. Donald MacFarlane practices Internal Medicine, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Internists, Iowa City Oncologists, and Iowa City Hematologists.