A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Donald MacFarlane:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Donald MacFarlane is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. MacFarlane
Birth Control Patient Education Patient information guide about birth control and various types of reversable and irreversable contraception techniques.Before Visiting Dr. MacFarlane Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Education & Awards
Dr. MacFarlane graduated from St. Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College, London, England.
Dr. MacFarlane has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Finley Hospital
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Donald Edward MacFarlane MBBS and MD is a male Internist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Donald E. MacFarlane practice?
- Dr. Donald MacFarlane has 1 office location.
Dr. Donald MacFarlane practices Internal Medicine, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Internists, Iowa City Oncologists, and Iowa City Hematologists.