Dr. Donald Matheson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Matheson?

Posted on January 14th, 2016

Great doctor... I totally trust him with my pokes

Absolutely great

Posted on February 27th, 2014

I love how calm he is, bedside manners great and He delivered my two sons. Everyone at the hospital loves him to. I must say I'm very surprised that he has bad reviews. Best ob gyn I ever had. Durning pregnancy if I was worried about symptoms I could always call he would be happy to answers questions at any time of the day. He also delivered few of my friends babies and everyone was always thankful for my recommendation.

Terrible

Posted on January 24th, 2014

Terrible terrible staff. I called to ask someone to re-process the lab tests, because it was done incorrectly, so my insurance wouldnt cover until they were processed as medically necessary. Its taken me three weeks to do this, and it still hasnt been done. I call and am always told they will call back, but they never do. I dont know what to do, and remain incredibly frustrated. Matheson isnt terrible, but he certainly wasnt great. I wanted to start my birthcontrol immediately, and he told me I couldnt, that it "wouldnt work", which apparantly is clearly not true according to many many others in the field. I will never go back.

Good Dr, horrible office staff

Posted on January 31st, 2013

The rudest office staff I have ever encountered. Called about a simple billing query and the woman I spoke with wouldn't even let me finish a sentence explaining my problem. She rudely interrupted me several times, didn't listen, passed off my problem to someone else, and I never got a response after faxing in the items requested. Though I don't have a lot of problems with Dr. Matheson, I will be seeking another doctor so I don't have to interact with the front desk ever again.

Posted on August 16th, 2012

Newly pregnant, I was excited for my first OB appt. Dr. Matheson asked if I was keeping it. When I seemed a bit surprised at the question, he responded that he was just asking, then said he'd schedule another appt. for a month and seemed ready to go. I stopped him, said I had some questions. He answered two, then said, wait, and proceeded to write something down on a piece of paper. I thought, ok, he's giving me his contact info. He wrote down "webmd.com," and said to consult that if I had anymore questions. I was speechless. I immediately switched to my friend's OB, who, like a normal OB, gave me a bunch a handouts and an overview of what my treatment would entail. I still can't believe that experience.

Excellent doctor and person

Posted on July 14th, 2012

Dr M was recomemded to me through a friend who is also a doc and his patient.I started seeing him because of fribroids. I was 44yrs at the time and this doc was the gentliest I have ever seen. 4 yrs after my first visit he performed a much needed historectomy. Dr M was ther during the entire prep assuring me and checking on everything done during the prep. He has always listened to and answered all my questions. I have had a period with no insurance and I paid out of pocket. I have been his patient for the past 18 yrs and I hope he stays around for a long time.

Posted on September 8th, 2011

Dr. Matheson was recommended to me by a respected colleague whose opinion I trust.I find him a most capable doctor with a genuine concern for his patients. You have only to witness his rapport with other patients in the waiting room. He listens intently to your concerns and give great good feedback.

Average experience and Painful pap smear

Posted on August 29th, 2011

Totally average experience at best with a painful pap smear afterwards. I have a condition which I had some questions about and while he did attempt to answer them (albeit I've learned a lot more off the net) I was left with a distinct feeling of being patronized. Also I've never had a pap smear hurt afterwards as it did when he performed it. I ended up spotting with dull pain and having to heal for over a week which never happened to me before with any other doctor. I was not pleased and I would not go back nor recommend him.

This turkey couldn't cure a ham

Posted on July 16th, 2011

I did as Dr. Matheson instructed and called him when the contractions were about 5 minutes apart which happened to be around midnight. He was not pleased. His displeasure was even more apparent when he finally arrived at the hospital. He did not respond to my greeting except with a curt nod. He just stared at me with a big sour frown on his face. After a few moments he said (contemptuously) "She wants an epidural." Then he disappeared. The anesthesiologist came and futzed around for awhile. Matheson finally returned and said to my husband (not me, the patient). "It's too late for an epidural. I don't recommend it." He didn't want to give me anything except I insisted. Well, it was not too late for the epidural. The labor went on and on painfully for hours. He finally resorted to forceps (very painful). I firmly believe to this day that Matheson made the whole experience hurt more than it had to because he was mad at me for waking him up at midnight. If he doesn't want to have to work unsociable hours, he should get into another line of work and not be a jerk about it. I had excessive bleeding in the weeks following. He wanted to only prescribe some medication over the phone without even examining me. I insisted on an office visit. The problem was clots which was taken care of without meds. Don't believe the good reviews you see here. This guy is a disaster. I have no idea how he ever graduated from medical school. I complained to the medical board. They gave him a mild reprimand. They protect their own, I guess.

He has been good to me

Posted on May 16th, 2011

1st pregnancy and he has made me feel very comfortable. He calms my nerves, explains everything to me, answers all questions and tell me to call or email if I have more questions. Easy to make an appointment with him and the staff is polite.

Great gynecologist and surgeon!

Posted on April 27th, 2011

I was very happy as a patient of doctor Matheson's for 5 years. In that time, he performed a very important surgery and also correctly diagnosed a hormonal disease. I switched two years ago because I'm self-employed and wanted cheaper insurance, which doesn't seem to be accepted anywhere (Atlantis). I'm in the process of switching back to my former insurance so that I can go back to Dr. Matheson as I have not been able to find a decent gynecologist with bed-side manner and who is as skilled as Dr. Matheson.

Eh

Posted on August 30th, 2010

Dr. M is ok. He was close to work so I just went with it. I am surprised people think his office staff is rude. I think he tends to be more rude and standoffish than his staff. If you just need a doc, go here. If you are looking for warm and patient, go elsewhere.