Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Suppose to be outpatient surgery spent 8 days in hospital show details Suppose to be outpatient surgery spent 8 days in hospital
Jan 22nd, 2016

I went in for outpatient surgery that was to last 1.5 hrs lasted lasted 3 hrs cut the dura on spinal cord. Paralyzed on opposite side of surgery, was to spend night in hospital spent 8 days now, giving 6-9 months for recovery when I was suppose to be back to normal activity in 72 hrs. Don't think I will ever be the same. Out of work now cannot support family. I was only source of income but it's oh well your getting better. How! I'm walking with a walker after learning to walk again. No use of hand, bowel and bladder issues. No feeling from chest down. How is that getting better? He knows he messed up.

by Toni D on Jan 6th, 2016

Please choose another physician from this group. This dr will belittle you, be very abrupt and act as though you are wasting his time. From the way he treated my mother, had she not be the strong person she is, he would've made her cry!!!!!! Because of his "status" as a neurosurgeon, you will be told he is brilliant. Ask the staff, who in this group isn't a brilliant surgeon, the answer they all are. We now have to go Knoxville/Nashville because we stood for our beliefs.

by Disappointed Patient on Sep 26th, 2015

This man should NOT be a doctor. Find ANOTHER doctor if you plan on seeing him. I mean how long does it really take to explain procedures, have a little bit of empathy & listen to your patient explain what is going wrong. He has a terrible attitude and bedside manner. Most doctors are doctors because they CARE. Believe me when I tell you this doctor does NOT. RUN!!!!!

Dr Megison - no empathy show details Dr Megison - no empathy
by M J B on Aug 24th, 2015

Dr Megison had no empathy for me as his patient. He was abrupt and did not discuss what went wrong with the surgery. Been 20 days since the surgery and my pain is so much worse than prior to the surgery. Had to be admitted into the hospital three days after the surgery because I could not walk. I now walk with a walker with much pain. I have always handled pain with out pain medications but now with these meds I am in constant pain.

Jul 25th, 2015

Everything you tell him goes in one ear and right back out the other-while he works with unsterilized infection causing implements!

terrible show details terrible
Oct 18th, 2014

I would never recommend him for surgery, he removed a cyst on my mom 13 years ago and from then on she has never been the same. She lost her short term memory from it and will never live a normal life again. He would not speak to us after the surgery, and would not give any explanation for the damage done from it.

Not a great experience show details Not a great experience
Sep 12th, 2013

Bad bedside manner, not much eye contact, very abrupt, did not listen to my issues, cocky, arrogant. Diagnosis after MRI/treatment plan was not pleasant, very curt, with no options, very impatient. Definitely would not want someone like him cutting on me! Getting 2nd opinions. We pay too much to be treated like skanky rats! I got the feeling that he despises women.

Non responsive physician show details Non responsive physician
Feb 28th, 2013

Had surgery in AM had to have repairing surgery PM. Cause (bone fragments was left pressing against Spinal Cord). Paralysis was permanant Dr left me in ICU and went on vacation. Never followed up with me. Had to fire him and change Dr.s. Would never recomend him to my worst enemy.

It takes more than a knife show details It takes more than a knife
Aug 25th, 2011

I was pleased with the office and personnel and heard nothing but good things about the doctor but after my surgery I definitely should have listened to the voice that says "2nd Opinion". Just remember, it's not a bad thing against the doctor to want a 2nd opinion, and is shouldn't be required, but never 2nd guess your own self.

May 21st, 2011

Porr results during and after spouses surgery. Had to have one of the other physicians take our case. Left day after surgery to go on vacation while spouse was still in Intensive Care.

by Former Pituitary Tumor Patient on Oct 27th, 2010

Dr. Megison gave very few details regarding a very serious brain tumor surgery. Just said, "It needs to come out." I ended up going too Vanderbilt for the surgery. I cannot rate his surgical skills, but he is NOT good with people.