Dr. Donald Megison MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

October 4th, 2016
Very hateful and talked down to me as if I were a child. I don't care for his office staff either.

September 26th, 2016
Dr. Aloha
I call him Dr. Aloha because he's going out the door as he's coming in it. Spends a max of six mins / visit. Rude, impatient and condescending. The only time he wasn't was when I came during my work hours and was in scrubs. Even on the first visit he spent no longer than six minutes. Six minutes. Office staff, esp. the money changer.. rude.

June 13th, 2016
Bad Doctor
Dr. Megison is not courteous nor did he even have the courtesy to call me back after my visit with him. Told me he was going to get records from another Dr. and give me a call after he received them, I don't know how long it takes to get records from across the street but I think I could have had them in seven months. So I personally don't think he cares about the patient, and now I hope he does not call. Its people like that, that gives that profession or any other a bad rep

January 22nd, 2016
Suppose to be outpatient surgery spent 8 days in hospital
I went in for outpatient surgery that was to last 1.5 hrs lasted lasted 3 hrs cut the dura on spinal cord. Paralyzed on opposite side of surgery, was to spend night in hospital spent 8 days now, giving 6-9 months for recovery when I was suppose to be back to normal activity in 72 hrs. Don't think I will ever be the same. Out of work now cannot support family. I was only source of income but it's oh well your getting better. How! I'm walking with a walker after learning to walk again. No use of hand, bowel and bladder issues. No feeling from chest down. How is that getting better? He knows he messed up.

January 6th, 2016
Please choose another physician from this group. This dr will belittle you, be very abrupt and act as though you are wasting his time. From the way he treated my mother, had she not be the strong person she is, he would've made her cry!!!!!! Because of his "status" as a neurosurgeon, you will be told he is brilliant. Ask the staff, who in this group isn't a brilliant surgeon, the answer they all are. We now have to go Knoxville/Nashville because we stood for our beliefs.

September 26th, 2015
This man should NOT be a doctor. Find ANOTHER doctor if you plan on seeing him. I mean how long does it really take to explain procedures, have a little bit of empathy & listen to your patient explain what is going wrong. He has a terrible attitude and bedside manner. Most doctors are doctors because they CARE. Believe me when I tell you this doctor does NOT. RUN!!!!!

August 24th, 2015
Dr Megison - no empathy
Dr Megison had no empathy for me as his patient. He was abrupt and did not discuss what went wrong with the surgery. Been 20 days since the surgery and my pain is so much worse than prior to the surgery. Had to be admitted into the hospital three days after the surgery because I could not walk. I now walk with a walker with much pain. I have always handled pain with out pain medications but now with these meds I am in constant pain.

July 25th, 2015
Everything you tell him goes in one ear and right back out the other-while he works with unsterilized infection causing implements!

October 18th, 2014
terrible
I would never recommend him for surgery, he removed a cyst on my mom 13 years ago and from then on she has never been the same. She lost her short term memory from it and will never live a normal life again. He would not speak to us after the surgery, and would not give any explanation for the damage done from it.

September 12th, 2013
Not a great experience
Bad bedside manner, not much eye contact, very abrupt, did not listen to my issues, cocky, arrogant. Diagnosis after MRI/treatment plan was not pleasant, very curt, with no options, very impatient. Definitely would not want someone like him cutting on me! Getting 2nd opinions. We pay too much to be treated like skanky rats! I got the feeling that he despises women.

February 28th, 2013
Non responsive physician
Had surgery in AM had to have repairing surgery PM. Cause (bone fragments was left pressing against Spinal Cord). Paralysis was permanant Dr left me in ICU and went on vacation. Never followed up with me. Had to fire him and change Dr.s. Would never recomend him to my worst enemy.

August 25th, 2011
It takes more than a knife
I was pleased with the office and personnel and heard nothing but good things about the doctor but after my surgery I definitely should have listened to the voice that says "2nd Opinion". Just remember, it's not a bad thing against the doctor to want a 2nd opinion, and is shouldn't be required, but never 2nd guess your own self.