Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
terrible show details terrible
Oct 18th, 2014

I would never recommend him for surgery, he removed a cyst on my mom 13 years ago and from then on she has never been the same. She lost her short term memory from it and will never live a normal life again. He would not speak to us after the surgery, and would not give any explanation for the damage done from it.

Not a great experience show details Not a great experience
Sep 12th, 2013

Bad bedside manner, not much eye contact, very abrupt, did not listen to my issues, cocky, arrogant. Diagnosis after MRI/treatment plan was not pleasant, very curt, with no options, very impatient. Definitely would not want someone like him cutting on me! Getting 2nd opinions. We pay too much to be treated like skanky rats! I got the feeling that he despises women.

Non responsive physician show details Non responsive physician
Feb 28th, 2013

Had surgery in AM had to have repairing surgery PM. Cause (bone fragments was left pressing against Spinal Cord). Paralysis was permanant Dr left me in ICU and went on vacation. Never followed up with me. Had to fire him and change Dr.s. Would never recomend him to my worst enemy.

It takes more than a knife show details It takes more than a knife
Aug 25th, 2011

I was pleased with the office and personnel and heard nothing but good things about the doctor but after my surgery I definitely should have listened to the voice that says "2nd Opinion". Just remember, it's not a bad thing against the doctor to want a 2nd opinion, and is shouldn't be required, but never 2nd guess your own self.

May 21st, 2011

Porr results during and after spouses surgery. Had to have one of the other physicians take our case. Left day after surgery to go on vacation while spouse was still in Intensive Care.

by Former Pituitary Tumor Patient on Oct 27th, 2010

Dr. Megison gave very few details regarding a very serious brain tumor surgery. Just said, "It needs to come out." I ended up going too Vanderbilt for the surgery. I cannot rate his surgical skills, but he is NOT good with people.