Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Best experience ever with a doctor  |  show details
by John and Dominika on Jun 21st, 2014

Spent over an hour with us, answered all of our questions. Great bedside manner.

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Ginette Weiner on May 27th, 2013

Since being diagnosed with left breast cancer in 2009, I have had contact with many, many medical professionals and oncologists. Dr. Northfelt is without question, a state-of-the-art physician. He knew my copious history prior to my appointment, spent quality, attentive, caring, highly knowledgeable time with me. He welcomed my questions and left me feeling reassured and with increased knowledge about my options and diagnoses. In addition, he made on the spot referrals for me which were very helpful. So, if you need a perfect oncologist, you cannot do better than to see Dr. Northfelt. In addition to all of his professional attributes, he is pleasant and has a patient, welcoming bedside manner. The Mayo Clinic is indeed very fortunate to have him there and I feel incredibly fortunate to have found my way to his very professional and thorough care.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Cindy Rocksvold on Apr 9th, 2013

I have been with the best and Dr. Northfelt is at the top of his league! He is compassionate, professonal and a no nonsense doctor. He was very thorough and asked allot about my family history. I have to verify a couple things before I make the final switch from my present doctor and if all pans out, he will be my new oncologist. I will perminently move to Arizona to be under his care. Thank you Dr. Northfelt for caring!

|  Love Dr. Northfelt  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

being diagnosed with cancer is a difficult journey--Dr. Northfelt makes my journey easier--he is compassionate and kind, I love that he asked me 1st if I wanted to know "statistics" I didn't want to know, I only wanted to know what I NEEDED to do to survive, he looked at me in the eye and said "I will be with you every step of the way" He is extremely knowledgeable as is his staff--MaryAnn Forrett greets all patients with a smile and kind words of encouragement. anytime I have a question they are very quick to call me back. It takes a special person to be in the field of oncology--Dr. Donald Northfelt was a perfect fit for me--up front and honest man

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Very caring kind doctor. Has compassion for his patients as well as the rest of the family. Good doctor knows what to do and when. Has excellant team working with him.

|  show details
by Annie Ellis on Sep 8th, 2010

I give my deepest gratitude to Dr. Donald Northfeld for saving my life from cancer against significant odds. His brilliance in knowing the proper aggressive treatment for me and acting quickly prevented me from an almost certain premature death. His passion for his work and his compassion for his patients was very evident. He made me and my loving supporters feel like we were family. He always made me feel that he was interested in my particular case and I was not just a "number" on a patient's chart. I commend him for his outstanding research and work, but most of all I applaud him for being a compassionate human being in helping me through my many months of chemotherapy. Because of his combined qualities and support, I continued my fight during times I thought I could not go on. I wish him the very best. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is fortunate to have him as their physician.Annie Ellis