Dr. Donald Hall Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Leesburg, VA

3.4

May 28th, 2016
Really?
Dr. talks like he's on monotone and bored with seeing people to me. Noone likes to go to these drs to get medicine. I wish our regular doctors could do it instead of the last few years they MAKE you go these guys to get any kind of psych pill, and they don't even counsel you but just keep going down the line with their list of meds hoping to find one that works, and we all know if you have a chronic problem, most of the AD's make you feel worse.

January 18th, 2016
Grateful psych patient
Dr Hall has made a world of difference in my psychiatric revovery and care. Even though he doesn't take insurance, he's well worth the cost of paying out of pocket if you want a doctor who's a good listener.

June 21st, 2015
Rejected and Abandoned
Dr. Hall dropped me as a patient after I became extremely distressed when a therapist on his staff abandoned me with no warning, and having made no arrangements for the transfer of my care. He refused to intercede or assist in the matter, and sided with the therapist. He is unprofessional and uncaring.

April 25th, 2015
Dissatisfied
I had been a patient of Dr. Hall's for a few years, and unexpectedly he dismissed me for a reason that he made up (lying) and would not see his fault in the situation. I believe he just wanted to get rid of me and tried anyway he could to let me go. If you are a hard case, they don't want to mess with you too long!

October 28th, 2014
What I like the most about working with Dr. Hall, is that I require meds for my depression, but also there are things I can do to help myself, rather than just take meds and he has helped me identify those actions/goals as well as assisted me in meeting them. I would and have highly recommended Dr. Hall to others as I feel he can bottom line the issue and address it without wasting alot of time.

September 11th, 2014
Saving my life
A good friend recommended Dr. Hall to me over ten years ago. I have mitral valve prolapse, an electro-cardio condotion that has made panic attacks the order of my day. I grew up in a home where my father suffered from depression, and my mother was bi-polar. I am an educator, and I need to work hard and I LOVE my work. Several physicians dismissed my LIFE, essentially. Dr. Hall discovered my lifelong depression, and he has monitored my intense personality with knowledge, competence, and kindness. I have been to psychiatrists who frightened me and made me feel guilty, as id my condition were my own doing. Dr. Donald Hall has restored my faith in psychology, in doctors, and in myself. I see him every three months. I have recommended others to his practice at Riverside. His Georgetown education with the Jesuits has stayed with him. Dr. Hall gave me my life, and he knows me well. I feel safe and well-taken care of.

September 9th, 2014
I was very nervous about going to see a psychiatrist for the first time, but within minutes Dr Hall had calmed my nerves. He's very easy to talk to, and genuinely seems to care.

February 3rd, 2012
Dr. Hall is the best!
I have been a patient of Dr. Hall's for a while now, and he has shown me nothing but caring, kindness and professionalism. Dr. Hall is interested in his patients' well-being and their happiness; and his calm, reassuring nature is what is required of a good psychiatrist. I would recommend Dr. Hall to anyone.