Dr. Donald Pennett Jr Is this you?

December 20th, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Pennet's until I moved to Florida. He spends quality time with his patients and truly cares about them. this occasionally makes him run a bit late but he is worth the wait.

January 22nd, 2013

You'll wait for hours....

Dr. P. is friendly and takes his time with you when you are in the exam room. He is quirky and eccentric. Although I liked him as a doctor, and thought that he was on the right track with my diagnosis, I couldn't stand the waiting. The office tells you to call 1 hour before your appointment to find out when you should come in. He runs about 2 hours late. Huge time management problem with this office. You will wait a minimum of one hour in the waiting room. I have waited over 2 hours in the waiting room and have spent 6 hours total at an appointment. I'm not joking. I have gotten home at midnight after a 7 pm appointment. I had an adverse reaction to a medication he put me on and he NEVER called back. I called 3 times in one week. The staff is totally CLUELESS. If you need something done, you will have to call back 3 or 4 times before it is completed. My life was in his hands and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. The one time my husband didn't go he got a little flirty with me. I never experienced anything like this in my life! Still searching for a new doctor.

October 18th, 2012

It is impossible to get hold of anyone in your office. I have never heard of such disregard for patients in my life. I happen to work in a doctor's office and we would be fired if we did not resopond to our patients in a timely manner, actually we have to get back to patients the same day or the next at the latest. we have waited in the office for hours. If the appt was at 5 we wouldn't be seen til 7 or later. What kind of a practice is this . I will never go back

July 21st, 2012

I'm very grateful

I am very, very grateful for Dr.Pennett. He diagnosed my complicated medical problem when it could have been any one of a number of medical issues. He takes his time with every patient, explains everything & why. Who does that anymore these days? Would you rather have no wait for a doctor who rushes you in and then leaves you with unanswered questions or leaves you confused? This branch of medicine is very complicated. It's not like going to a dermatologist. I would not hesitate at all to recommend this doctor even if the wait may be longer than usual for other doctors.

May 21st, 2012

Waste of Time

I wasted almost a year going to this kook! Instead of doing all the proper testing immediately, he spent hours trying to convince me it was my mood causing my problems! Each time I went there I would at least 2 hours in his office at night! Then when he came in he would spend the first hour just reviewing my history! then again he would try me on another mind altering medication that always created these horrible side affects. It went on like this for months... And forget about calling the office for help if you are in the ER, he can never be found. The staff will tell you that they can't help you. I thank God that I was able to find a new neuro that ordered all the correct tests immediately and listened to my medical history once and wrote it down. I was diagnosed and on the road to recovery immediately. Do not waste precious time going to this dr, all he will do is talk in circles and keep you waiting in his office for hours!!!

April 30th, 2012

Ken Mc

I went to Dr. Pennett 5 years ago for what I thought was nerve damage to my back or leg. He subsequently diagnosed a brain tumor after convincing me to go for an MRI after all other testing was inconclusive. He then recommended a surgeon at Univ. of Penn and got me an appointment within 48 hours. He probably saved my life and for that I am eternally gratefull. Thanks Doc

April 12th, 2012

stay away

This poor excuse for a doctor actually had the gall to hit on me when my mother, whom I was there to assist, left the exam room to use the restroom. After my jaw dropped onto the floor upon his intrusive, personal questions, he handed me a piece of paper with his phone number and said "we don't need to tell your mother about this." This is no exaggeration. Just writing this review is making my skin crawl.

November 3rd, 2011

When we called for an appointment they explained that we need to call ahead and see if he was on schedule that morning. When i called it turned out he was on call that evening and spent the night in the hospital with patients.We went to the office anyways because it was our first visit and we lived 45 minutes away, I figured he would be there when we got there but the ladies who worked there explained that if i wanted to leave they would call me when he got in and he was in about an hour and a half later and took us right in. That was no problem for us.He spent so much time with us and asked a lot of questions, never had we had a doctor spend as much time with us in a visit. The women in the office are also very nice, it reminds me of the doctors office we used to go to in the 70s and 80s there is no nurse doing stupid routine things like taking your temp for no reason and blood pressure for no reason. I liked him very much.

August 24th, 2011

Worth the wait

I must admit I was appalled at the length of time I had to wait. Before seeing him, I had decided I would never go there again. However, once I met him I was sonvinced he was the doctor for me. Never has a doctor spent more time with me. He called to follow up after the first visit, the call lasted over 40 minutes (which is longer than most doctors spend with me i the office). I didn't think doctors like him existed. I suggest that you add at least 2 - 3 hours to the appointment time and call the office before going.

June 23rd, 2010

His diagnosis of my father allowed us to make crucial decisions with far less pain and anxiety.

August 5th, 2008

can't say enough good things about him

Scheduling issues, but they tell you that in advance, so its no surprise. Very thorough

October 28th, 2015