Internists, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Maxey Park
Joe Arrington Cancer Center
4101 22nd Pl
Lubbock, TX 79410
806-725-8000
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  My Dad o  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2010

Dr. Quick is very friendly, and his bed side manners is good. The only thing I have to say is that he diagnosed my dad with non-hodkins t-cell lymphoma of the esophogus, and seemed very sure of himself. My dad trusted him as we trusted him, and went along with the treatment plan. My dad had 2 rounds of Chemo and seemed to tolerate the first round fairly well, and his throat seemed to feel better and he was able to eat again. After first round of Chemo, my dad was sent home after a week of being in the hospital. He ended up back in the hospital due to infection. He was put on different types of antibiotics and did good considering the situation. My dads throat hurt him severely and was impossible to eat, muchless drink water. The nurses I have to say were excellent, and treated my dad wonderfully... My dad was in the hospital more than he was home, so to say the least, the nurses made my dad feel better when he was having a bad day. We got the run around with Dr.Quick and kind of got the feeling that he was unsure of what was going on with my dad at this point because the petscan showed no more cancer, but endoscopy revealed my dads throat looked horrible. The GI dr described it as looking like hamburger meat. There was another Oncologist that got involved because we were told Dr.Quick was going on vacation, and would be back in a week or two. After two weeks of not seeing Dr.Quick, we were yet told he was still on vacation or having surgery. We then were told by this other Oncologist that there was no more they can do for my dad. We were so confused as to what was going on... One day we are being told he has a huge tumor, and next day we are being told that it is inflamation, etc... My dad at this point is 94 pounds, and we feel helpless... My dad is sent home for "radiation treatment" and had appointment with Radiation Oncologist who immediately said my dad needed to be in the hospital and that he reviewed his medical records and was condfused as to what he was going to radiate cause my dad had no cancer. He was admitted once again for the 5th time with the intentions of getting the antibiotics for an infection that had spread throughout his body, that the Infectious Disease doctor did not know what infection he had. My dad got worse and worse each and every day. My dad passed away on June 3oth.His death certificate stated cause of death as being septis syndrome, and multiple organ failure. I have a hatred for these doctors that would not listen to family members who know something didn't seem right. One thing in my dads medical records caught my attention when I read that my dad tested less than 1% positive for non-hodkins t-cell lymphoma??? Does this constitute as having cancer? Then proceeded to say "This unfortunately does not help constitute whether this patient has non-hodgkins t-cell lymphoma". WHAT? This has been the hardest thing in my life to accept. I would have had more respect for these doctors if they had just said that they don't know what is going on, then to continue giving us the run around. I know deep down inside that they know the real truth. This is what they have to live with. We lost an amazing, wonderful, lovin, caring daddy. How can a sore throat lead to this. I hope that doctors will listen to their patients a little more and family memebers when they know something does not seem right. I know doctors are not god, but at least have the decency to admit when you have done wrong!!