Adult Gastroenterologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Very professional Doctor and very pleasant staff...  |  show details
by Michelle McDaniels on Jul 30th, 2013

My primary Doctor suggested that I have my first colonoscopy since I recently turned 50 and referred me to Dr. Henderson. I can't tell you how uncomfortable I was with the thought of a scope and scissors up my rear-end... I was very nervous and apprehensive. Dr. Henderson's staff was courteous from my initial call for a consultation and throughout my procedure. Dr. Henderson was warm and generous with his time: he asked specific questions, offered detailed instructions, and gave me firm advice to get/stay healthy. My mother, who lives in the Midwest, had recently had a procedure that identified elements requiring surgery and he was kind enough to offer me information to consider. Before my procedure, Dr. Henderson saw me in prep to give me his assurances and made me feel at ease. My procedure was totally painless and I only had a tiny bit of cramping afterward. I would highly recommend Dr. Henderson to my family and friends. My entire experience was top notch.

|  The Psychic Doctor  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

No exam was given, phone calls were answered and bedside manner? Well, you can forget about that. Donald Henderson is a psychic doctor who does not need to examine or check out his patients. Instead, he can tell by looking at them that they are "skinny" and a "classic case," resorting in an expensive and pointless trip to be diagnosed with prune juice. A terrible, smug and unprofessional SPECIALIST. Definitely look elsewhere for a doctor.

|  If youre looking for a doctor like Fox's Dr. House - then I highly recommend Dr. Donald Henderson.  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

Being from the East Coast, it's hard to find doctors in LA. I used to take recommendations from friends- But I then found a great doctor (Dr. Robert Pushkin) from Zoc Doc. That being said, I was inclined to use them again!Aside from the fact that this doctor said that Zoc Doc was a terrible service" (Which I STRONGLY disagree with. I've found very good, professional, caring doctors from Zoc Doc) he was also completely out of line.It should also be noted that my originally scheduled appt. was never confirmed on Dr. Henderson's end. Meaning, I went to my scheduled appt. and Zoc Doc had to call me to tell me they never heard a word from Henderson's office. I'd been calling Dr. Henderson's office all morning, left voicemails, and received no response. I finally got a hold of one of Dr. Henderson's staff ; she insisted she sent me an email letting me know the Dr. was not going to be at that location. Never happened.After an underwhelming experience with a GI specialist, I was looking for a GP who specialized in GI issues. Dr. Henderson fit this description.I told him that I'd seen ONE other specialist for my stomach problems and had never received any other treatment for it. He asked me if I'd talked to any other GP's about this- I said, "only my former primary care physician from Baltimore". He said, "Oh, so you've hopped around to 5 or 6 doctors and they didnt give you what you wanted" and I said...No....that is not at all what I said.I asked if I could be referred to a nutritionist to help me figure out what to eat in the event I do have IBS. The doctor responded with nutritionists are bull, all you need to do is stay away from dairy. Being lactose- intolerant all of my life, this was not the answer I was looking for.Dr. Henderson told me he would not prescribe me Adderall (I had been prescribed by my previous primary physician of 5 years) because it was my first visit with him (TOTALLY understandable). but THEN he went on to say "and not to mention, you met me on the Internet, and I dont know you". I couldn't believe my ears. Since when did a verified, recommended site that the DOCTOR HIMSELF has to sign up to be a part of become akin to craigslist or some personal dating site...and why is the patient treated as the problem because of how he feels about the site I made the appointment withThe worst part: I told him that I was looking for an African-American Dr. because I felt "pre-judged and looked down on" by the questions I was asked by the other Dr.'s in LA. He goes on to say "Yeah well they ARE judging you, you dont look like your from LA- like your hair for example"Since when did my hair have anything to do with my health? The other non African- American doctors may have not been for me, but they NEVER spoke/treated me in the way that Dr. Henderson did.In this appointment, he spent more time quizzing me about my job and about how it sounded like "bull" then really helping me. He did give me sample medicine but proceeded to remind me that he "didn't know me and was giving me hundreds of dollars worth of medicine- so I better follow his instructions and not drink alcohol for 2 weeks". I must have really looked like a delinquent coming from my full time job working for a highly respected web company to be treated with such disdain. I felt as if I had to defend myself to prove to this doctor that I was college educated and a productive member of society as opposed to whatever scum of the earth he felt I was.As I left the exam room, I tried to fight back tears as Dr. Henderson asked with a snide smirk , Have I looked down on you today? and walked into the next exam room.The lady at the front desk was very kind and could tell I was shaken. I wish she were the one who had helped me from the beginning. The saddest part, I neglected to include all of the other rude things he said. Needless to say, avoid this doctor.

|  Very nice and caring doctor.  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

Knows is stuff..I would recommend him to friends and family.

|  Terrible Follow Up and Problems with Tests  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

He did not call me with my test results. His office person called me to say I needed further tests but did not tell me why I needed them. I asked for the doctor to call me and explain. He never called me back. I called two more times. Finally my wife called and his office person gave a vague reason why. I went to get my tests done at the appointed time, but the doctor did NOT send over the correct paperwork! I sat there while the test people called the doctor's office and the doctor NEVER called them back. I went again to the test center at the new appointment time and AGAIN the paperwork was not sent from the Doctor's office! This is a very poor reflection of how a doctor.

|  Poor Experience  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

-Didn't meet with me for 1/2 of the appointments, let his PA do his work.-When he did meet with me it would only be for 1-2 minutes and he had no bedside manner or interest in discussing my problems.-Didn't follow up when I called the office. If paged, he seemed terse and rude and anxious to get off the phone.-Some office staff was rude (though some were nice)

|  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

Incredibly caring doctor and staff. Always very thorough, even if waits can be lengthy on some days. Finally found a doctor who listens, advises, and follows through.

|  Dr. Henderson is outstanding!  |  show details
by G Clark on Oct 23rd, 2009

As soon as you meet him, you know you have come to the right place.He has a professional and caring manner that gives you confidence - immediately.I am an Educator and I would give Dr. Donald Henderson an A .