Dr. Donald Johnson II Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Johnson II?

April 25th, 2017

Totally disappointed!!

I drove a total of 4 hrs for an appointment that never happened. Dr. Donald Johnson's staff had me waiting to see him for 2 1/2 hrs. When he finally comes into the examining room, he shakes my hand and tells me I should find another doctor. He says this because he over heard me talking on my cell phone about the unprofessionalism I had experienced. As a public servant, you would think he would have tried to make amends, but, he didn't. He told me to go somewhere else. He has terrible bedside manners. I left Southeastern spine frustrated and disappointed.

September 4th, 2016

Unfortunate Trust in SSI/ Dr. Johnson's Expertise

I highly recommend that you obtain three separate opinions BEFORE having spinal surgery with Dr. Johnson at SSI. Then choose somewhere else. Walk away from SSI and Dr. Donald Johnson, who is a great salesman, but not spine surgeon. He missed so many of my spinal issues that it is quite unbelievable. His ethics are certainly questionable and after three failed back surgeries causing spinal instability, I remain in difficulty. The Physician's Oath is to "First Do No Harm -- Think Dr. Johnson has forgotten this Oath! False and failed surgical diagnosis and correction, avoidance of this fact with the patient, as well as moral ethical issues are at question.

April 7th, 2015

C5 C6 Fusion

I was referred to Dr.Poletti and Dr.Johnson by my attorney and my expectations were beyond by far, met! While I was an active patient atleast. Since my surgery I've had minimal pain which was performed by Poletti but the majority of the time Johnson wrote some of the prescriptions and was my alternate Doctor..I healed fast and surprisingly well. Some days are worse than not but that the territory that comes with almost dying because of breaking your neck. The surgery went exceptionally easy, the staff was always respectful and pleasant, Dr.Poletti and Dr.Johnson made sure that my pain management was under control and I never had any issues with getting refills as log as I called 48hrs in advance as requested on the recording. The only thing I am not happy with is that I've requested to have a referral two years after my surgery for physical therapy due to pain that lasted a month or two consistory and they refuse to refer me and I didn't even get a call back as promised by the gentleman in the finance department unless I pay the balance that was accumulated after my case was closed when I needed to follow up..which should've been a part of my 60,000 dollar surgery./bill that was paid in full out of my $75k settlement. Other than that I've been happy so far but I am scared that eventually my upper and lower vertebrae will become weakened due to the fusions.

November 12th, 2014

Perfect place for me!

I suffered with back pain for a year or more and had been told nothing was wrong. Thankfully I found Dr.Johnson and his staff and didn't even need surgery. I have had injections and PT and I am functional again! Thanks for giving me my life back!

June 6th, 2013

Stay Away

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with any physician. This Dr. will tell you exactly what you need to hear to "sale" you on surgery with his team. He is strictly in it for the money and not for the well being of the patient. He has way too many patients to keep track of. Overall, I had a horrible experience and would not reccomend this practice or this physician to my worst enemy, highly unprofessional!

February 12th, 2013

Perfect place for me!

I like a straight shooter ! This s exactly what I got with Dr.Johnson and his staff! I got in ,diagnosed had treatment and am almost back to my old self! Thanks Dr.Johnson!

January 28th, 2013

Awesome Doctor!!

Best place ever! Dr. Johnson knew exactly what was wrong with my back and i am 100% better!

November 27th, 2012

GREAT CARE!!!

Best care in the lowcountry for spine!!!

October 10th, 2012

Great Practice!

Everyone knew what they were doing and i felt better within a few weeks.

July 21st, 2012

Great Dr.

Dr. Johnson will tell you the truth about you spine even if the new is not good. I had surgery, but still have other issues to deal with. I continue to go there and I am getting better, even thought my spine is in a mess. I trust Dr. Johnson, I had three other spine surgeons who did not tell me the truth. Degeneration, nerve damage, facet disease, and other things do not come from being over weight by about 30 lbs as one Dr. told me. Dr. Johnson is a great Dr.

March 10th, 2011

Failed Surgery

Was diagnosed with multiple levels of disk degeneration by another doctor and went to Dr. Johnson to get a 3rd opinion, he told me that he could fuse one level and I would have an 86% chance of getting some pain relief. Post surgery and off of pain meds and pain is back as strong as ever. I assume that I was in the 14% unsuccessful category. One thing to note, while I had a failed surgery, I was informed by the doctor that my scar looked great.. I will never go back to the South Eastern Spine clinic. Do your home work before going there. Check out the list of top Spine clinics in the country and you will not find S.E. spine or any of their surgeons in the top 100 list..

September 17th, 2010

Cervical Surgery

I was diagnosed with disk degeneration disease in the cervical spine back 2007. Went to see Dr. Johnson in spring 2008 and he recommended a cervical fusion at levels C5-C6. I was informed by Dr. Johnson that the fusion would relieve the pain symptoms that I was having in my right hand. I had multiple questionable disks issues from levels C4-C7. I was told that the disk below the fusion would probably last about 10 years, but there was no way to tell. After discussing my options with the doctor I decided to have the cervical fusion at C5-C6. I made it through the surgery and began the recovery process. After two weeks I stopped taking the prescribed pain medicine and my exact pain symptoms returned. I went to see the doctor on three different occasions and all he could say was that my scar looked good. After my 3rd follow up visit, I was told that there was nothing else that could be done surgically and I was informed to go to the SE SPINE Pain Mgmt Group. Its so funny how the Pain Mgmt Group is located in a totally different building and this is where all the patients with failed surgeries go. By being in a different location they dont have any contact with potential new patients at the Surgery Center. Very nice money making setup I have to admit. I wish that I had never seen the S.E. Spine center or Dr Donald Johnson II. I want to vomit every time I see their stupid infomercial. If their Surgery Center was so good, there sure wouldnt need to advertise. I do not recommend anyone have surgery with this doctor. I was told it sometime takes 2 years before pain subsides; however, I am in worse pain today than I was before the surgery. Please do not let anyone at the South Eastern Spine perform any surgery on your spine..