Dr. Donald Rotatori MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2017
The best in his field... Dr. Rotatori
After many interviews in choosing a Plastic Surgeon, my choice was Dr. Rotatori. Confident, a proven track record and he was very realistic. I even went to Florida Hospital to ask professionals about Doctors in this field and he was in the top of all opinions given. As I write this review I am healing beautifully from a precedure and wanted him to know how lucky I feel to have someone who wants me to meet my potential as much as I do. The best staff, even after the procedure is done you never feel alone.

January 5th, 2017
Extremely disappointed!!!!!

October 27th, 2015
Dr. Rotatori is a genius
Dr. Rotatori really is a genius. I look so much better after his expert care. The ladies in the office are excellent are out of this world. Great!!!! You need to come here and feel really good about yourself!

October 26th, 2015
Awesome Doctor awesome staff everyone is helpful and pleasant would defiantly recommend this office.

April 23rd, 2015
Excellent surgeon. Careful, skillful, caring.

March 23rd, 2015
Do not recommend eye surgery w/Dr Rotatori
I would not recommend Dr Rotatori for eye surgery. His aggressive and old school techniques show me that he takes the function of the eyes and soft tissue for granted. About 3 years ago I started noticing my eyebrows and eyelid skin loosening and drooping over my eyelashes. I interviewed a couple of doctors about an eyebrow lift and chickened out because most of the photos I've seen did not look natural and I was afraid of how invasive it sounded. I regret my fear now. I was referred to Dr Rotatori by my fiancé who has several friends that had eyelid surgery, and he also had skin cancer removed by Dr. Rotatori. He told me that Dr Rotatori was known for being conservative, and if anything people would say he is too conservative so that was great with me because I like a very natural look (I believe less is more). During my consultation, I told Dr Rotatori that I had considered doing an eyebrow lift, and my fiancé told me about eyelid surgery, which I didn't know much about. My fiance said it was far less invasive and a quite simple procedure of removing excess skin. I even watched some videos on youtube, and they made it look very simple. I told Dr. Rotatori I wanted to look like myself and not change my look but just not look tired, and the only thing that really bothers me is the slight hooding over my eyelashes. He looked at me, and said that I have a very young look and that he would remove a little amount of fat in the corners of my eye next to my nose. I said why would you do that? Don't we want to preserve our fat and soft tissue to preserve our youth? He pointed it out by pressing with a Q-tip to make it protrude so you could see it. I thought it was volume loss (fat and other soft tissue loss) that makes us look older so why do you want to take it out? He said I have to. Then he drew a diagram for my fiancé to show the skin he would remove and then cauterize the muscle where the skin was removed and stitch me up. He said the scar would be hidden in my crease and eventually practically disappear. He had appointments available in the next couple of days so I was thrilled to get this done and behind me so I scheduled the surgery. I was uncomfortable w/the fat removal because the corners of my eye never did bother me so why not leave it alone and just remove the excess skin? When I went into surgery, he was very quiet and barely talked so I rambled on to break the ice. The surgery took about 1 hour and 15 minutes according to my fiance. I got one call from the nurse the next day asking how I was feeling, and I said fine. I got my stitches out 6 days after surgery, one day early because one of the stitches was poking my eyeball. By the 10th day, I started panicking a little because my eyes looked so different than ever before in my life. I had huge eyelids(very high crease), deeper creases, and a very small sliver of skin on my upper eyelid/under brow (absolutely reverse of what my eyes were Before surgery and in all of my pictures from 20 - 48 years of age. Before surgery, I had a low crease, not deep-set eyes, and a large amount of skin (full lids) to apply highlighter eye shadow under my brow). I went from small crease to large crease, from full lids to very small/barely there, and from not deep-set eyes to deeper-set. I had no idea any of this was going to be changed. It Was NEVER Discussed. So Now I start researching and educating myself instead of hearing others say what a simple procedure this is, and it only takes 1 hour under local anesthesia. I found a website that Dr. Meronk, who has recently retired, wrote. It's an entire guide that gives full explanation of eye surgeries. It's long but should definitely be read if you are considering eye surgery. I was the perfect candidate for a beautiful outcome. I have good skin, I take care of myself, I exercise, and I don't smoke, etc. What this Dr did to me is heartbreaking because he did things to my eyes that he didn't tell me he was going to do, and I do feel like my eyes are disfigured, and I don't look like myself. I asked him for a copy of his surgery notes so I could take them to another doctor to see if anything could be done. I wanted to look like myself and just remove a small amount of skin. I conceded to the small amount of fat in the corners of my eye. He took every bit of skin he could possibly take under my eyebrow to the point that it took six weeks for me to be able to close my eyes. In his notes, he said that he excised muscle which he Never told me he was going to do. I would have never had the surgery had I known that. I had botox to lift my eyebrows beforehand, and I thank God for that because now that it has worn off and my eyebrows have dropped, I can almost close my eyes w/out squeezing too hard. You also wake up every morning with crusty sleep in your eyes because they don't close all the way. I didn't know this, but we need to close our eyes. The skin on our eyelids is to protect our eyes so you don't want too much skin removed. The sun, the wind, and dust constantly get in my eyes now. I also cannot utilize the benefits of botox to raise the eyebrows anymore because I won't be able to close my eyes because too much skin was removed. When I shower or wash my face, I have to squeeze my eyes really hard not to get soap in them. I have a dark hollow look in the inside corners of my eyes where he removed fat. I have hollow in my crease where he removed muscle that he didn't tell me he was going to remove. He changed my eyelid crease height that he didn't tell me he was going to change. He totally rearranged my eyelid shape. This is the worst thing I've ever been through. I cry everyday when I look in the mirror when I put on makeup and when I take it off at night, I have this empty pit in my stomach. Something I was so excited about because I have seen beautiful, conservative results online has taken away so much of me. My eyes are my best and most expressive facial feature and shouldn't be taken lightly. My fiancé & I texted Dr Rotatori about our concerns after about 4 weeks after surgery. I asked him if he considered this aggressive. Dr Rotatori said to wait 3 months before making any judgments. That's when I asked for the notes to go to another doctor. It's been 3 months, and I feel the same and even worse now that most of the swelling is gone and my eyes look hollow and have a dark circles from the shadows of where fat and muscle was removed. If your fat is not bulging or unattractive leave it intact and leave your muscle so you have fullness in your eyelids that is not only feminine and attractive but it softens the eyes. The diagram that Dr Rotatori drew looked like he would remove from 2-4 millimeters of skin, and when questioned after surgery, he said he removed 6-8 millimeters in height. I now know this was very aggressive, and just cannot understand why he completely disregarded what I said to him about wanting to look like myself and that I am very conservative. I just wanted to look like I did 3-4 years ago before I ever did botox , and my eyebrows started drooping. I'm so sad that I look so different and my eyes look so aged, hollow, and unhealthy. By him removing so much skin and muscle, Dr Rotatori forever damaged my muscle and my eyes, and I look at least 10 years older. If your fat is not bulging or unattractive leave it intact and leave your muscle so you have fullness in your eyelids that is not only feminine and attractive but it softens the eyes

August 26th, 2014
Dr. Rotatori and entire staff was wonderful! Made me feel comfortable and answered all of our questions. The follow-up was more than I expected. Made sure I was completely satisfied with the results. I would highly recommend this doctor!

June 26th, 2013
Bad face/chin lift
It's been over eight months since I had a face/chin lift with this Doctor and I'm still having issues. After eight months the scars around my ears are very raised and red. My chin is saggy and my jowls are not defined. Supposedly, when I went for consultation before the surgery, the PS told me he could work on theses areas. I need to mention that I didn't go there trying to look ten or fifteen years younger, but to look better and feel better with myself. I'm sure this is why most people go to get a face/chin lift. I feel very depress to the point that I don't want to go out anymore. I'm just to embarresed about the ugly scars on my ears, they are very noticeable. At least before this procedure, I wasn't to happy about the way I looked, but I didn't have to hide from people to avoid been seen. After three months from surgery, the doctor started injecting me Steroids on the scars. He told me he could only do this three times in a year and if after the third time there was no improvement, he was going to do a revision on the scars and at the same time he was gong to fix the sagginess on my chin and of course to removed some lumps I have near the scars, because on top of everything I also have these lumps around the incisions that according to the doctor, they probably are inside stitches. After eight months from surgery, I went for a follow up consultation and he told me that the scars were still very elevated and that he needed to inject more steroids, after he had told me that he could only do three in a year. Before leaving his office, he recommended me to put on this cream on the scars and that someone was going to call me to let me know the price for this medication. I'm still waiting for that call as I'm still waiting for the revision he said he would do. Obviously, he is not going to do a revision. I'm very dissapointed and frustrated. It's not just about the money I spent on this procedure, but the physical and emotional pain that I've been going through all this time. The scars on my ears still hurt. It feels as if there it's a strong drawing or pulling feeling. I guess there is to much pressure on the incisions and this is why I'm still in pain after over eight months. Definitely, I wouldn't recommend this PS to any of my friends or family members.

April 22nd, 2013
10 years later
Dr. Rotatori did a breast reduction on me back in 2003... 10 years and breastfeeding 2 babies later and my breasts are still amazing! Every Dr I see comments on what a fantastic job he did and if I do say so myself he did an awesome job. You can barely see the scars if at all. Dr. Rotatori should be your go to Dr if you plan on getting a breast reduction!

August 9th, 2012
Excellent doctor ! Very precise
Excellent bedside manner extremely professional . Going to use him again . His work turned out better than I expected...

January 24th, 2012
Awesome results!!
Recently had a breast reduction/lift and the results exceeded my expectations. Dr. Rotatori did a wonderful job and choosing him was the best decision I made. Highly recommend.

April 16th, 2011
cellent skills, Excellent results
I have had many necessary procedures with Dr. Rotatori and every single one has exceeded my expectations. I am 52 and I am not lying when I say people tell me I look in my 30's! You can't tell I have had anything done because he performs procedures for natural look. I have recommended other people to him and will continue to do do. I am a nurse and I have seen results from other Cosmetic Surgeons and there is no comparison, he is one of the very best. You could travel to LA and not get as good of a result!