Dr. Donald Roten Jr MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery New Albany, MS

December 16th, 2014
Very disappointing post op care. Post op visit was rushed letting me ask only two questions, leaving me a lot unanswered. Only looked with eyes at incision and didn't even ask how I was feeling. Super impersonal and uncaring doctor. I would never recommend.

November 16th, 2013
Awesome
Caring compassionate intelligent and professional. The best

September 15th, 2012
Very Disappointed with this Doctor
I was referred to this Doctor for a second opinion on a specific issue. He was totally unprepared for my appointment, forcing me to wait in an exam room for over an hour while he "gathered" information. I found him to be very condescending, unwilling to listen to me, and with no diagnoses except to refer me to another Doctor. He preformed no exam, and based the entire visit on input from records information from my previous visits with other Doctors. I found his behavior to be uncaring, arrogant, and at times just plain rude. Personally my impression of this Doctor is that he will do no more then what is required to get paid, and not bother to look beyond the surface appearance of a patient's problem.

February 3rd, 2011
Dr. Roten, although incredibly skilled as a surgeon, is lacking bedside manner. I had a 1 week follow up post gallbladder removal yesterday. I am still experiencing pain and when communicating this with Dr. Roten I received feedback that left me feeling abnormal and foolish. It was not a good experience!