Terrible at the time,and Im still paying the price show details Terrible at the time,and Im still paying the price
Oct 19th, 2012

Shassberger did a tummytuck several years ago.Apparently,along with many bad things that happened to me due to HIS negligence,he also forgot to fold the omentum back down over my abdomen.So,years later,there is so much scar tissue and so many adhesions that I had to have Emergency Surgery to survive.Thanks a lot DOC!!!!!!!At least now,both sides of my lower abdomen are the same.When I asked him about it,at the time,he ROARED at me!!!!!He should be flippin burgers.

Great bed side manner but TERRIBLE surgeon!!! show details Great bed side manner but TERRIBLE surgeon!!!
Apr 22nd, 2011

Dr. Schassberger I have little use left in my hands post surgeries for VDD, I know that its possible for bad results during surgeries however I gave him the benefit of the doubt went back into surgery with him cause he's such a nice guy however it didn't work, subluxating tendon over the radial nerve and he wasn't able to fix it (that's the damage caused during the surgery not to mention a severed artery!) Dr. Askins (EXCELLENT Ortho & hand surgeon)in Bangor did 3 reconstructive surgeries to repair the damage caused in during the first 3 surgeries by Dr. Schassberger, the entire retinaculum was severed and needed to harvast muscle from my arm to replace in my hand so everytime I moved my fingers/thumb the tendon didn't come in direct contact with the radial nerve causing sever pain with any hand movement, I never did get the feeling back in my thumbs, very difficult holding cups, etc. don't use glass, things drop very easily!!! I surely would NOT recommend this "surgeon" to anyone, I also went to an eye doctor who had been to this DR to have a suspected melanoma removed from his calf, I literally thought it was from a shark bite that's how bad the scar looked, insane!!! He's a nice guy certainly however I would NEVER let him near me with a scalple again!!!! BEWARE!!!! Go to Dr. Askins in Bangor instead, he's a GREAT surgeon!!!! :)

refreshing show details refreshing
Mar 16th, 2011

I was sooo happy to find Dr.Schassberger. For the first time I found a doctor that actually spent time with me and answered my questions. I havent felt this confident about a doctor in a long time and he came highly recommended,

outdated surgeon show details outdated surgeon
by recent patient on Sep 5th, 2010

this is a surgeon who has not kept abreast of new more advanced surgical techniques. His communication skills are extremely poor. He does not display pictures of his work any longer instead he uses a book. Since my experience with him i have met other women who saw picures of his past work and opted for another more skillful plastic surgeon.

Dr. Schassberger - Excellent! show details Dr. Schassberger - Excellent!
by Sharon C at Insider Pages on Jun 4th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Today I had breast reduction and I already feel a huge relief from the pain I had in my back, neck and shoulders. I could not sit up straigh...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com