A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Donald Scholten:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Donald Scholten is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Donald Scholten, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Biliopancreatic Diversion
- Critical Care
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Scholten graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Scholten has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Health Partners- General Campus
- Spectrum Health Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scholten accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 4 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Donald J. Scholten practice?
Dr. Donald Scholten practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Lansing, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Grand Rapids, MI.
See Lansing Surgeons.