Dr. Donald Seyfried Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Seyfried?

Parkinson’s Disease

Parkinson’s Disease

Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms and how the disease progresses over time.

Have you seen Dr. Donald Seyfried?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 18th, 2015

Exemplary Neurosurgeon

I met Dr. Seyfried in my early 30s when I had my very first lumbar spine surgery and I was nervous but determined to resolve my worsening sensory deficits as well as beginning onset of myotomal weakness. As a Physical Therapist, I have done "due diligence" in my part to do evidence-based research and investigation on which type of surgery will I benefit the most. At first, I contemplated and gravitated towards MISS/Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery via LASER. This procedure will take me to CA and/FL and will have to switch my HMO to a PPO or pay-out-of-pocket which was exorbitant! Finally, after the free initial consult, I was not a candidate for that type of procedure and I came across 2-3 Neurosurgeons @ Henry Ford and eventually decided to see Dr. Seyfried! My life has never been the same after my first ever, successful spinal surgery. I eagerly resumed my job as a Physical Therapist and became a long-distance runner, martial artist and weight lifter. I've always lived an extremely active and athletic lifestyle, until 18 years forward, @ age 48, I had to seek for his expertise again. My second surgery was in 2012 and this time, it was tougher, more physically disabling, though, I continued to push through for a year before I finally told him, "It's time again! Can you promise me not to perform a spinal fusion, regardless?", I asked Dr. Seyfried and he replied, " You don't need it and you'll be fine with bilateral laminectomy". Here I am again, it's "deja vu" all over!!! I've managed to come out unscathed with both of my lower extremities neurologically and physically intact. It was amazing to feel both of my legs as soon as I regained consciousness s/p surgery, though, he reminded me that if and when I overdo it, "I will definitely feel it and pay for it"! I try to heed his warning in my head frequently and that always reminds me of how blessed I am for having this great opportunity to be under his care. The entire staff in his Department is commendable and I appreciate each and everyone of the team! I highly and unequivocally recommend him to my family, work family, friends and patients, as well! Thanks a million, Dr. Seyfried!!!!

May 9th, 2011

Wonderful Neurosurgeon

Dr. Seyfried has saved my life and I owe him my life. he operated on a erupted artery that was bleeding in my brain. I should have died, but he saved my life. If there is any concern's I have, he is a like a call away. His nurse, Abbey & Renee are just as great and responsive like Dr. Seyfried. I love him. He is concerned about my well being and actually cares, unlike some other doctors, that just say, "here is a script", and hopefully, it will go away". Dr. Seyfried wants to get to the root of the problem, not just consider that will end up being senseless. he is my doctor forever, and I hope to volunteer in his department one day, to pay back to Henry Ford and Dr. Seyfried ,and there great neurologoy team, for saving my life.

August 30th, 2017