Dr. Donald Shin MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

July 6th, 2016
He delivered our lovely lady 28th a smile an let us live live with in 48 hours we were home and doing great;) thank Dr. Shin

April 28th, 2016
Great doctor

April 25th, 2016
Wham-bam! Thank you, Ma'am
After a change in insurance, I had my first exam with Dr. Shin. Usually, my doctors allow me to voice any concerns I may have or ask me if I have any questions- especially being a new patient. What I got was Dr. Shin rapidly talking about how much his patients love him as he swabbed me & started his goodbyes. I had to interrupt him to voice concerns about something which he rapidly half-way explained and told me he'd give a Rx for an antibiotic. Never mind that I had other issues to discuss- he was already out the door. He didn't inform me that I didn't need discharge papers or to wait for him to hand me the Rx. I sat in the room waiting for another five minutes after he and the nurse left, before I had to come out and ask if I was all set.

July 6th, 2015
Couldn't ask for a better obgyn

April 14th, 2015
Very amazing doctor. Took care of my needs

September 27th, 2014
both my daughters and I have been going to Dr Shin for over 10 years. He has been great to us all. He helped my daughter through a miscarriage. If had not been for him I don't think she would have tried to have another baby. I now have a healthy beautiful grandson that might not be with us if she had been seeing another doctor. He also been seeing my youngest daughter who had a hard time during her transition from high school to college. I have read some of the reviews and some of them don't sound like the Dr. Shin we know. He is a fantastic doctor and always makes you feel comfortable. People need to understand that when you a GYN that babies come at any time even during his office hours. He is worth the wait.

September 24th, 2014
verbally abusive
Worst doctor I've ever encountered. He is verbally abusive Towards bigger women with his body shaming comments or odd jokes that made my mother and I very uncomfortable. I dreaded going to my checkups. Sadly he was the doctor I had to use for my c section and while on the operating table while I was about to see my baby for the first time he said " dont have anymore kids!" " I never would have taken you as a patient but some how you got through, who referred you to me?" keep in mind I am numb from the stomach down and its supposed to be a happy time for me, I'm about to see my baby for the first time... After the birth of my child I had to go back for a follow up and he said " wow you are healing up so nicely, I'm surprised because people of your size dont usually take care of themselves" yep I will NEVER refer this man to anyone. The only reason me or anyone with or without insurance.

September 4th, 2014
THE BEST OBGYN EVER
I love Dr Shin. He is the Greatest Doctor Ever! Everyone of his nurses are Great Too. I tell every one I can to go to him and how great he is .Hes Very Nice and Very Funny and just a all around GREAT GUY :)

May 9th, 2013
Greatest Doctor
Dr. Shin is an honest, caring physician. He makes you feel important and is ALWAYS willing to listen to your concerns. He was my gyn. and ob.. he delivered my daughter. I have been a patient of Dr. Shin for over ten years and have NEVER had a bad experience and always felt reassured after being treated by him and his staff. Thank you for everything....

March 7th, 2013
Horrible--SAVE YOUR TIME, MONEY, AND TEARS
Save your money, time and tears! This Doctor and his office is like a conveyor belt. Spends no more than 5 minutes with you and you always feel like a burden. I had to have surgery a year ago and it was the worst experience I have EVER had. He was 30 minutes late and showed up with sleep lines on his face, a messy hair do, and at the end of the surgery never came out to talk to my family. After about 4 hours my mom went to ask for an update. She thought I was dead or something horrible happened since the surgery was only suppose to take 90 minutes. The lady at the desk said that my surgery was long over and I was already through recovery and up in my room. Since my parents lived about an hour away, they called me the next day and asked what time Dr. Shin was coming in to do rounds so they could talk to him and find out if the surgery was even a success. The nurses paged him to ask and he said about 6pm. My parents came at about 5:30 and when the clock hit 8pm without a visit from Dr. Shin decided to go home. At about 2am, I awakened to him standing over my bed asking if I had any questions. I was so tired and medicated I didn't ask him anything and just wanted to sleep. The next day, my parents called again and asked what time and the nurse said around 4pm. This time he never showed. After about the 4th day in the hospital, I was ready for discharge. I asked him for a antibiotic because I am very prone to infections and he said I didn't need it, I just needed pain meds. He took about about 120 seconds, signed the papers, and prescriptions and walked out. I had to call for a ride and then after leaving the hospital, had to go get my prescriptions filled. The pharmacist informed me that Dr. Shin didn't write the prescription right and they couldn't fill it without the needed information. They started trying to make contact with Dr. Shin and after two hours of trying to reach him, paging him, and calling his office, the pharmacist hands were tied when they received no call back. They decided to call the hospital and they had to rewrite the script using a different Dr. We had to drive back to the hospital, park, walk up to the floor, (mind you I just had major surgery), get the script and go back to the pharmacy. From the time I was discharged to having to make multiple trips to hospital and pharmacy, by the time I was home with the right medication and in bed to rest, it took about 5 hours. At my follow up appointment to remove the 26 staples, he took about 3 minutes to do so and when I asked him why he never came out to talk to my worried family, his response was, they had already left. Which obviously when your daughter/wife/mother is in such a big surgery, you never leave the waiting room as you sit an anxiously wait to hear if she did OK. I have found a new Doctor, and he suggested a follow-up, minimal surgery to make sure my adhesion's were under control. Upon opening my belly using only three tiny incisions, he found A TON of endometriosis which had been growing for years. He said there is no way that Dr. Shin didn't see it when he opened me up. I could have saved myself another surgery, another co-pay, another hospital bill if I had just gone to a different Doctor. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!

November 2nd, 2012
Best doctor!
I've been going to Dr. Shin since I was 14, and I am now having my first child, and I couldn't ask for a better OBGYN. This is a drive for me, but it is worth it for the service. I wouldn't go anywhere else and I recommend it to everyone!

October 30th, 2012