Dr. Donald Strobel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 10th, 2016
a patient
I would highly recommend him with honors...

December 29th, 2015
Great Doc terriable staff
Dr Strobel is awesome. But trying to reach him can be a nightmare! Getting a return call or being able to actually talk to a person in the office by phone is almost impossible!

June 23rd, 2015
Dr. Strobel rating as a doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Strobel for more than 3 yrs. He is an excellent Dr. and also a very caring one. It didn't take him long to get the right test ordered when I went to fine out what was wrong with me. I am still able to function thanks to him. He also sees my mentally disabled nephew who has had severe seizures his entire life. He now has many less than he used to after Dr. Strobel was able to get him on the right medications to help with those seizures. Yes the staff isn't always as great but I know I get great care with the Doctor. Thank you Dr. Strobel.

January 3rd, 2014
Total disappointment
Dr. Strobel was very informative on my first visit. However, on my follow -up visit the wait was over an hour. Not sure when he planned to show up for me since I left the exam room after waiting for an hour. When I asked the office staff if there was a problem, they stated that he was running a little late. For me over an hour wait is not "a little". Fortunately I do not have a serious condition but I saw a lot of very ill patients in his waiting room. Shame on him for leaving his patients sitting in his exam rooms with no regards to their time. Having his nurse call you back in a timely manner is also poor. If you expect prompt curious service, this is not the doctor for you.

July 20th, 2013
My first visit was like a dream come true. Dr. Strobel told me that he treat his MS patients with "Top" priority. However it takes weeks to get in touch with anyone at the office and several weeks for anyone to call you back. Office staff is terrible and treat people like they are an inconvenience when they try to get information.

September 18th, 2012
AWESOME DOCTOR
Dr. Strobel, is a great Doctor, He takes the time to listen to you and answer all your questons so that you can understand his answers. He is a very caring and understanding doctor. I would recamend Dr. Strobel as an A+ Doctor.

July 18th, 2012
Staff lacks compassion and direction
Excellent doctor. Horrible staffing issues. 4 weeks to get rather urgent blood results back, 1-2 weeks to return phone calls, staff ordering procedures without doctors knowledge before allowing patients emergency visits. Similar staffing complaints for other doctors at the JWM location. Office manager talking about patients in front of 5 patients in check out line. Receptionists informing multiple patients she doesn't have their insurance approval at the time of their appointment. Have seen this many times with elderly, debilitated patients and there option is to leave or sign waiver for financial responsibility. List too long to cover on this site!

January 30th, 2012
This practice stinks! My mother had a stroke and was seen by Strobel's associate who recommended that she have carotid artery surgery following her first stroke. Dr. Strobel discouraged my mother from having the surgery. My mother subsequently had a much worse stroke. This practice is terrible about returning calls. If you need a neurologist, keep looking.

March 13th, 2009
Took extreme patience to solve the problem, instead of just treating it.