Dr. Donald Switzer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

June 2nd, 2016
Excellent, patient, kind doctor. Put my very anxious daughter at ease before her procedure , and communicated very well before and after.

December 15th, 2015
excellent, professional

January 9th, 2014
Highly unsatisfied
Upon entering the room Dr. Switzer barely says hello, does not shake your hand or ask you how you are doing. After reviewing the test results my daughter had done several weeks earlier he looks straight ahead at the wall in front of him when speaking to you, hardly ever making eye contact with you. He appears very cold, uncaring and in a rush. He makes you feel you should not question him( or even ask any questions). He offerered NO solutions to my daughter's problem. He is by far the most uncaring doctor we have ever meant. He maybe spent 10 minutes with us and let us know that our time was up by standing up and walking out. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I plan to contact Buffalo Medical Group's Chief Officer to let them know how highly unhappy we are with Dr. Switzer.

January 9th, 2014
Aweful experience
To make a long story short, I was recommended to him by my primary care doctor because my other cardiologist seems to keep writing off my symptoms as inappropriate sinus tachycardia. When I went to see Dr Switzer I told him how I think I have Pots Syndrome, he agreed and I had a tilt test done. The first time I met with him, he was very short with me and rude and would rarely look me in the eyes when he's talking. For my follow up visit I went with my mom, he was even worse than the last time. He informs me it's not Pots, when I ask him any questions he's very rude and short. By the second question, he says well it's not Pots, so.. And gives this rude smile like I'm annoying him. As my mom asks a question he stands up as if he has no time for us and is in a rush to leave. We were talking to him for less than five minutes. Do you really expect as a Doctor to tell your patient something about there diagnoses and for them to have no questions?! He's by far the worst doctor I have felt with. Very rude, ignorant and conceided. I knew he was incorrect about my diagnoses. I went to see an award winning Dr who specializes in autonomic dis functions. Sure enough I have mild Pots syndrome. I'm glad I stuck to my gut and found a good Doctor. Do yourself a favor and find yourself a good doctor. It's hard to come across a good doctor know a days.

July 9th, 2013
Terrible, cocky, disrespectful. Wouldn't send my dog to him.
Don't waste your time with him. Very unprofessional. The most rude and cocky MD I've ever met. He will rush you out the door and will not listen to you long enough to find out your individual needs. HATES being asked questions about his treatment choices, gets very defensive and rude and just lists off his credentials (he must be insecure as an MD since he isn't comfortable defending his rationale). I simply asked if there were any treatment alternatives - he got very angry and yelled "if you want to diagnose and treat yourself, go see another doctor" and stormed out of the room, even though I have a doctorate degree in a related profession- utterly disrespectful.

February 26th, 2013
Definitely wouldn't recommend.

August 20th, 2012
Think Twice........
Dr. Switzer and his staff, included his nurses, are probably the least professional medical staff I've ever met. I'm 25 and have an extremely high heart rate & blood pressure, and this dr. didnt even listen to my heart, take my blood pressure, or any sort of a physical exam. Instead, before entering the room, I overheard his nurses discussing how they dont think anyone is going to be able to help me since ive already been seen at the cleveland clinic. He walked in arrogant, annoyed, and quite rude. He explained he was only seeing me as a favor to my neurologist who sent me to him and that there isn't anything he can do for me except give me the name of a good therapist. I was floored. No EKG, not one glance at the records I brought with me..nothing. I ended up driving about an hour to see the director of Electrophysiology at Strong Memorial, and that was certainly worth it. He helped a great deal. If you can take some extra time to drive out there I highly suggest weighing your options before you place your care in Dr. Switzer and his staff's hands. Shame on them.

July 20th, 2012
Excellent Doctor !
I feel very confident in Dr. Switzer. I had a very pleasant experience with this Doctor ! I am very happy to be under his care ! Office staff is also very courteous !