A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Donald Westerhausen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Donald Westerhausen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Donald Westerhausen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Westerhausen graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Westerhausen has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Elkhart General Hospital
- Saint Joseph'S Regional Medical Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Westerhausen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Managed Health Services - Real Life solutions for Healthcare - 2 plans
- MDWise - 1 plan
- Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana - 1 plan
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Donald R. Westerhausen practice?
Dr. Donald Westerhausen practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and General Practice near Elkhart, IN.
Additional practice locations include: Goshen, IN and Mishawaka, IN.
See Elkhart Internists, Elkhart Cardiologists, and Elkhart General Practitioners.