Dr. Donald Wilfong Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Wilfong?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2017

My HERO

Doctor WILFONG actually saved my life by actively sending me for more extensive tests which resulted in a hospital stay. He recognized my problems and immediately set about correcting them, Thank You!

July 11th, 2015

Find another MD to visit

I have worked myself in the healthcare field for over 35 years in doctors offices as a medical assistant, billing and front desk staff and as a manager. I went to Dr. Wilfong once and immediately found another primary care physician and will never return. No one was at the front desk when I entered and the back door to the exam rooms was wide open. There was no sign-in sheet on the counter so I sat and weighted there for over 20 minutes while staff came and went and laughed and chatted in that open hallway ignoring my presence. Finally when a staff member came up, I was taken back into a crowded hallway to have my height and weight taken while others squeeze by. This was in view of the open door to the waiting room which was still not shut. Supplies and extra storage are kept in this tiny hallway. The exam room was small and I waited another 10-15 minutes for doctor Wilfong to come in. He came in wearing no coat, no identification, and immediately asked why I was there when I had never been there before? I was there for a preop visit and my previous PCP had moved away so he was closest, but not knowing me he didn't ask any pertinent questions. Didn't ask about my preop labs or discuss them for me although he was signing off on my preop clearance. Didn't notice that I hadn't been ordered a preop chest xray (a requirement), nor asked very many questions at all. He listened to my chest and basically that was it. He didn't care. I was just a blip in his day and I'll never return. I was not impressed by the staff who were pretty much like their doctor in charge-aloof, distant, and non-listening. PS... if you go, watch out for your tires in their pot-hole ridden parking lot. If you were driving past this place, you'd never expect that tiny oddly blue building with a torn-up parking lot to have been a doctor's office. My advice? Find somewhere else.

April 26th, 2013

Very Disappointed Daughter

Dr. Wilfong has treated many of my immediate family members including myself. He's currently my mother's PCP. He recently denied our family's request for my mother to be transferred to a better hospital, so she could receive more specialized care. He did not offer any reason as to why he was denying the transfer. He did not return my call personally as I requested, instead he had his nurse call me. A phone call takes only a few minutes. I did not expect this sort of treatment, especially from a physician who has been in the family for almost 3 decades. He will no longer be her PCP and people are going to hear about this!

January 22nd, 2012

compassionate, intelligent and personable. He is very influenctial in the internal medicine residency.

November 30th, 2010

He is a very good doctor. He has my diabetes under control and has addressed all other issues as they came up.

October 4th, 2010

dr. wilfong is an excellent and compassionate physician

August 25th, 2017