Dr. Donald Wright MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Arlington, VA

September 30th, 2016
His patience and calmness coupled with his technical expertise has been very important and much appreciated as he cared for me during a critical operation to save my vision.

August 19th, 2016
Amazing

June 1st, 2016
Just the best
Can't go wrong with this doc...it just doesn't get any better.

February 22nd, 2016
Highly recommend A+
You are in good hands with Dr. Wright. He performed my surgery after several rounds of steroid treatment, PT, and continued pain. He does an excellent consultation, educates the patient, and takes time in the follow ups. I appreciate his rational, practical approach and bedside manner.

October 14th, 2015
AWESOME
Dr. Wright is so great! He truly spends time with his patients and goes through each problem to make sure the patient understands what is wrong. His bedside manner is awesome and I felt totally comfortable leaving the office after talking with him. HIGHLY recommend.

February 25th, 2015
Great Surgeon for Hydrocephalus Treatment
Great job fixing my broken hydrocephalus shunt! He explained what he planned to do beforehand, and what he found wrong with the shunt when I went back for followup. My last followup was a few days ago and he reassured me that all of his assistants are trained in reprogramming my shunt, which needs to be done after an MRI. He restricts his practice to brain surgery, but there are other excellent doctors he practices with if you need spinal surgery (or a consult). I'm just glad I found him, since it is hard to find a neurosurgeon who understands that just because a shunt is flowing doesn't always mean it is working correctly.

April 5th, 2014
A Very Skilled Neurosurgeon
Getting the Chiari 1 and Syringomelia diagnosis was very scary, and the surgery option was even scarier. Dr. Wright spent 45 minutes with me to explain my condition, provided the options, and answered all my questions that put my mind at ease. 10 weeks after my surgery, I am feeling fantastic. At my post-op visit, he spent another 45 minutes with me explaining what was done, and again took the time to answer every one of my questions. Dr. Wright is a very highly skilled neurosurgeon and I would most definitely recommend him. It is hard to get an appointment with him, but definitely worth the wait.

April 2nd, 2013
I felt like I was in the presence of true genius.
The only difficult part was getting Dr. Wright to keep in touch and let me know in advance when my surgery would be. I was a simple case, apparently, not an emergency, but I had to build my schedule around this procedure. Other than that, he was very bright, attentive, and didn't miss a thing that stood out in my behavior. I couldn't understand how he could be physically fit enough for all the work he did. He was also personable, knowledgable about a range of subjects, and very relaxed, reassuring, and friendly.

June 15th, 2012
Ready For Surgery
I recently moved back to VA from out of state due to a large meningioma that was just found in the upper right of my skull. It is attached to the main vein, and large, so on the risky side. Dr Wright was very comforting in explaining what to expect b4 and after surgery to remove it. All I am waiting for is SSI to ok surgery so Dr Wright can do his magic! I highly recommend him! His Practice Mngr, Adrienne, was extemely helpful with information to speed up SSI as well.

March 7th, 2012
Nue
I have never received any promises or false hopes from this doctor. He is honest and always gives me 100% of his attention and dedication to my nuero situation. I would reccomend this doctor to any and all patients with nuerological issues and in need of surgery, especially using shunts.

March 6th, 2012
Great Doctor
Although the wait was a little long, the doctor is very caring. I felt that he spent enough time with and clearly told me what the issue I was having. I highly recommend him.

September 13th, 2011
Dr. Wright did an excellent job on my brother's brain surgery. He is very skilled, has a calm, confident demeanor that is very reassuring in an otherwise stressful situation.