Dr. Dong-Joon Lee MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6
  • 13 reviews

May 24th, 2016
I could not recommend a finer doctor He is the best surgeon!

April 21st, 2015
Dr. Lee has a very arrogant attitude and horrible bedside manner. He makes comments that he tries to make like jokes, but that are offensive.

January 6th, 2015
A cookie-cutter Dr. good at run of the mill procedures but nothing else
Arrogant, singlemindedness and inability to think outside the box

October 12th, 2014
Mastectomy Patient
Dr, DJ Lee is affiliated with Kaiser Insurance. He doesn't take these other insurances listed. He also works with USC interns. He grew up in New Jersey and he is to the point. Currently undergoing reconstruction from a mastectomy that Dr. Lee performed solo. So far so good. I will let you know results. No infections or problems as many other mastectomy patients have had. Biggest issue is that Kaiser does not put themselves in the forefront of the latest plastic surgery when it comes to mastectomy. DIEP, and other flap techniques. It is extremely important to have a doctor that performs these procedures all the time. So when going for flap procedures go to a surgical team that does mastectomy reconstruction and not nose jobs. Got it?

May 8th, 2013
Great doctor
Dr Lee was very respectful, honest and caring, He spent a lot of time with me explaining what he could and could not do, I never like he was in a rush or impatient. He asked several times if I had any more questions. After surgery he said to call any time I had a concern or problem, He wa in the OR all day and not scheduled for regular appts on a day when I could come to see him for follow up, but he had them schedule me in that day anyway and said he would come in to see me between cases. Nurses in the OR the day of my surgery said he was excellent and in high demand. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

November 17th, 2011
PLEASE AVOID THIS DOCTOR!
Dr. Lee is bad far the worst doctor. If you are going to spend the money on a plastic surgery and you care of the outcome please spend your money somewhere else. He is only good doing chest that is all. He's no a plastic surgeon, every doctor I go to find a solution to the problem he cause me, they don't believe a real doctor did the surgery.

November 2nd, 2011
hHE REPAIRED MY ABD HERNIA LEFT OVER FROM INFECTION DUE TO HYSTERECTOMY. NOONE ELSE WOULD DO IT,. HE DID A TERIFFIC JOB! THIS WAS 6 YRS AGO AND I AM CONSIDERING COSMETIC SURGERY BY HIM DUE TO HIS EXPERTISE. I AM A NURSE PRACTITIONER.

April 27th, 2011
Pictures say everything.
Everyone who thinks Dr. Lee is a good Dr. I can send you picture of his work on me and let me know if you still want him to have a surgery with him. He may be great doing chest surgery, but he's arrogant by thinking he can do other surgeries that is not good at.

March 17th, 2011
I am an RN
I interviewed many other plastic surgeons before chooaing Dr Lee for my preventative Bilateral mMastectomy with Immediate Reconstruction. The Surgery was difficult, ans there were bumps in the road, but Dr Lee is Superior in his quality of work. Let's face reality people, do you want an excellent Surgeon or someone to hold your hand?

December 16th, 2010
The most unethical doctor!
The only reason I am writing this review is so you don't have to go to the same suffering I have gone to, when you have the option to choose a different doctor. I wish you could see pictures of his work on me so you avoid it and don't make the same mistake I did by choosing him! He is rude, cruel, unprofessional and unethical person.

November 18th, 2010
Exceptional Physician
I chose Dr. Lee after interviewing several other highly rated plastic surgeons for breast reconstruction following a double mastectomy. I am a person who always received compliments (from female friends) about my breasts. The results were amazing. The staff, after calling previous patients for permission, allowed me to talk to other patients who were also very pleased with their results. Dr. Lee can be a little aloft when you first meet him but this is serious business. After an appt. or two he really warms up. You are choosing a doc to do a great job not to be your new best friend. My procedure took approximately 12 hours (a time frame other surgeons indicated as well.) Dr. Lee clearly described the surgical process as well as the follow up clearly. He was attentive after the surgery and easy to access afterwards. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

August 21st, 2010
My experience with Dr. Lee has been extremely positive. He was patient, understanding, and always explained himself in laymans language- clearly placing himself in the position of the patient, never arrogant or proud; he is truly a man who cares about his profession and those he serves.