Dr. Donia Shaw MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

October 14th, 2016
Worst Doc visit EVER!

October 10th, 2016
I am a person who has suffered from severe panic/anxiety for almost her entire life. So of course when I was faced with needing a hysterectomy you could only imagine what happened. I was referred to Dr Donia Shaw. I cannot cannot stress what a beautiful person she is and a remarkable doctor. Please believe me when I say do not hesitate to use her. She not only did a magnificent surgery but also is a beautiful person.

April 7th, 2016
no bedside manner. physical examination not thorough. being a cardiac registered nurse I expected a better quality of healthcare from this doctor. Also, when ob questions were asked the doctors response was vague and she clearly did not want to give me the time of day.

March 18th, 2016
Emotionless and rude
I had the worst experience with dr Shaw. Such an uncaring person. Shows no emotion what so ever. Was in a lot of pain and didn't even blink an eye of concern or care. I walked out of the office very confused. Didn't explain what was wrong. She is terrible.

October 28th, 2015
Office staff lacking
My daughter and I both went to this practice. The office staff is not nice. You are treated without respect and phone calls are not returned promptly. I like Dr Shaw but not enough to deal with the rude staff.

May 15th, 2014
I had a terrible experience with the doctor and the office staff. I had surgery and needed a different pain medication. It took THREE days to have my phone call returned. It was recommended that I return in 2 weeks for a post op visit but they could not fit me in for a month! I have no answers to my questions regarding my condition. I have been left completely in the dark!

September 9th, 2012
I have been going to Dr. Shaw for several years, and have no complaints at all. She is gentle, and is very patient as we work together to manage my multiple chronic medical issues. She always calls me personally, or has the NP call me to discuss test results, even when they are normal. I used to work for the Atlantic Health System, and many of my co-workers recommended Dr. Shaw and/or this practice when I first got the health insurance and was looking for an OB/GYN. I have referred numerous friends and co-workers to this practice since then.

March 6th, 2012
Awesome Doctor!
Dr. Shaw has a wonderful bedside manner. I went to her for a second opinion due to complex cysts. She was awesome from the initial office visit to the day of surgery in the OR. She called the next day when I was in the hospital to check in. I will now be using Dr. Shaw as my primary OB. She is excellent and I highly reccommend her!

February 21st, 2012
I have been seeing Dr Shaw for several years. She is always kind, professional and very knowledgeable. I recommend her to my family and friends all the time. I do find that her staff in the Succasunna office are much more considerate than the Morristown office.

August 31st, 2011
Rude Rude Rude Staff!!!
Do not go here. The staff is terribly rude and horrible. I read these reviews and went anyway. That was a bad decision. First, they treat you like an idiot or with complete indifferently. They don't seem to know what they are doing. They are always confused and mess things up constantly and consistently. Dr. Shaw is great, nice, and very informative. I never felt bad with her, but it doesn't outweigh how crappy her staff is. Rude staff that could be quickly replaced with people who would love to have a job and would treat the customers better.

July 17th, 2011
New to New Jersey with a large cyst
I recently moved to NJ from NY, where I had my doctors since childbirth. A trip to the E.R with a large cyst had me seek out Dr. Shaw. At first being with a new doctor was nerve racking. I saw Dr. Shaw at both of her office and all I can say is "I am glad I found her" she took all my information and called me back as a consultation, she then met with me and gave me the facts and even obtained my medical records from my NY doctors. I am due for surgery in a few days and her staff is warm, friendly and very understanding. For me..Dr. Shaw is a keeper. I am glad I found her and her staff.

July 13th, 2011
Don't Judge too early
I had a high risk pregnancy and met with Dr. Shaw as one of the two people who would be able to perform the delivery using forceps. I have a cardiovascular condition and a long labor with lots of pushing was not something advised by my cardiologist and the OBGYNS. Besides the other dr at the practice, only the head of GYN at Morristown would be able to perform the delivery. I had serious problems after 'a better than expected' delivery. I required a blood transfusion and this was not Dr. Shaw's fault. While I had been a little nervous about having Dr. Shaw perform the delievery because she is more business and not all warm and fuzzy in the office. But when the problems began she was amazing. She knew her stuff and through a long and scary night she was on top of her game, caring, encourgaing, simply amazing. I have seen lots of drs in my lifetime and while I like a good rapport with my dr I also want to know that they are reliable. I saw the real Dr. Shaw that night.