Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

101 Madison Ave
Ste 405
Morristown, NJ 07960
973-267-7272
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

May 15th, 2014

I had a terrible experience with the doctor and the office staff. I had surgery and needed a different pain medication. It took THREE days to have my phone call returned. It was recommended that I return in 2 weeks for a post op visit but they could not fit me in for a month! I have no answers to my questions regarding my condition. I have been left completely in the dark!

by Meri on Sep 9th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Shaw for several years, and have no complaints at all. She is gentle, and is very patient as we work together to manage my multiple chronic medical issues. She always calls me personally, or has the NP call me to discuss test results, even when they are normal. I used to work for the Atlantic Health System, and many of my co-workers recommended Dr. Shaw and/or this practice when I first got the health insurance and was looking for an OB/GYN. I have referred numerous friends and co-workers to this practice since then.

|  Awesome Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

Dr. Shaw has a wonderful bedside manner. I went to her for a second opinion due to complex cysts. She was awesome from the initial office visit to the day of surgery in the OR. She called the next day when I was in the hospital to check in. I will now be using Dr. Shaw as my primary OB. She is excellent and I highly reccommend her!

Feb 21st, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Shaw for several years. She is always kind, professional and very knowledgeable. I recommend her to my family and friends all the time. I do find that her staff in the Succasunna office are much more considerate than the Morristown office.

|  Rude Rude Rude Staff!!!  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

Do not go here. The staff is terribly rude and horrible. I read these reviews and went anyway. That was a bad decision. First, they treat you like an idiot or with complete indifferently. They don't seem to know what they are doing. They are always confused and mess things up constantly and consistently. Dr. Shaw is great, nice, and very informative. I never felt bad with her, but it doesn't outweigh how crappy her staff is. Rude staff that could be quickly replaced with people who would love to have a job and would treat the customers better.

|  New to New Jersey with a large cyst  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2011

I recently moved to NJ from NY, where I had my doctors since childbirth. A trip to the E.R with a large cyst had me seek out Dr. Shaw. At first being with a new doctor was nerve racking. I saw Dr. Shaw at both of her office and all I can say is "I am glad I found her" she took all my information and called me back as a consultation, she then met with me and gave me the facts and even obtained my medical records from my NY doctors. I am due for surgery in a few days and her staff is warm, friendly and very understanding. For me..Dr. Shaw is a keeper. I am glad I found her and her staff.

|  Don't Judge too early  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

I had a high risk pregnancy and met with Dr. Shaw as one of the two people who would be able to perform the delivery using forceps. I have a cardiovascular condition and a long labor with lots of pushing was not something advised by my cardiologist and the OBGYNS. Besides the other dr at the practice, only the head of GYN at Morristown would be able to perform the delivery. I had serious problems after 'a better than expected' delivery. I required a blood transfusion and this was not Dr. Shaw's fault. While I had been a little nervous about having Dr. Shaw perform the delievery because she is more business and not all warm and fuzzy in the office. But when the problems began she was amazing. She knew her stuff and through a long and scary night she was on top of her game, caring, encourgaing, simply amazing. I have seen lots of drs in my lifetime and while I like a good rapport with my dr I also want to know that they are reliable. I saw the real Dr. Shaw that night.

Apr 23rd, 2010

She was extremely unprofessional and patronizing as well as demeaning when I asked her questions. I am a first time mom and she never even took my details. She treate dme like I wa sin the way of her daily schedule. when asked how to cope with a stressful environment she said all docs have a stressful environment and they all deliver healthy babies. she said the baby is rpotected from all harsh environments..I should have nothing to worry about. All this in front of my husband. She never even asked who he was or even introdued herself. Since then my husband is extremely non chalant about my pregnancy.

|  Should be fired  |  show details
by 40's Lady on Jan 26th, 2010

I found her rude, insecure, completely lacking any knowledge whatsoever about peri-menopause. In order to make herself feel like the "Big Doc" she tries to put you on the defensive and raises a suspicious eyebrow about any other Dr's treatment. She is just awful, and I am leaving the practice because of her. I hope you all HEAR me!

|  The BEST!  |  show details
by Heather H on Nov 4th, 2009

Dr. Donia Shaw is the one of the best in her field. She delivered my daughter without a hiccup. She also diagnosed me with a problematic pregnancy early on and with all of the answers I needed. She continues to be my doctor and I wouldn't change for the world.

|  Will not be back  |  show details
by InSearchofDoc on Oct 2nd, 2009

Will not be back to see this doctor. Her bedside manner and level of professionalism are diconcerting. Went to see her to discuss side effects from a medication and upon leaving, not only was my anxiety heightened, but many of my questions were left unanswered.