Dr. Donita Abangan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

February 19th, 2014
Worst doctor ever!
Dr. Abangan has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen. She spoke to me in a very condescending manner. It was clear that I was wasting her time with my petty skin issues. I showed her a spot on my hand and asked her if it was a wart. Her reply was "Yes". That was it. She said nothing else about it. She gave similar responses to my other questions. At the end of the appointment, she gave me instructions on how to schedule a surgery appointment with her. After she gave her instructions, she looked me straight in the eye and said very sternly "Do you understand?" OMG! Yes, I understand. I am not a child. The whole experience was unbelievable. Needless to say I will not be scheduling any surgery with her. I am I will not be recommending her to anyone.

March 31st, 2012
Given the bum's rush by a too-busy doctor
It took me nearly a year to get into see Dr. Abangan, because of long delays in getting a first appointment, coupled with problems with my insurance. By the time I finally got an appointment, I had figured out what was causing the skin problem I was being seen for. When I was contacted to verify the appointment, I asked if I should still come in and was told that given my age (55), that a "skin check" would be a very good idea, since the other problem had mostly resolved and I had figured out the cause. So I decided to go any way. What a waste of my time! I barely got a greeting from this doctor, let alone any kind of skin check! She walked in, introduced herself, diagnosed what I had already diagnosed, wrote it down on a piece of paper and left so fast I didn't even get a chance to ask a question. I waited a year for this???? I generally do not have trouble getting doctors to answer my questions, but it was clear that this woman wanted to get through her appointments as quickly as possible, no matter what she managed to miss in the process. Her priorities are totally skewed. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to diagnose or treat a hang nail

December 27th, 2010
We thought Dr. Abangan was very nice.
My son and I both had appointments for skin related issues. The people there were good and the Doctor was especially attentive to our needs. As Mother I am grateful to find a great Female Doctor of Dermatology.

April 13th, 2010
does not show much care or compassion...seems careless
I did not like the way Dr.Abangan spoke to me. She talked to me in a way that showed she was not to concerned about finding the root cause of my illness. I was very nervous and scared about the changes I was going through and she was not reassuring whatsoever. She then diagnosed me with a simple illness which I have now found out is not what the problem was afterall it was something far more serious, that was caught by the ER when my symptoms got worse. By far one of the worse mistakes I made was visiting this Doctor.

December 10th, 2009
patient
She is very knowlegeable, thorough, quick, efficient and empathetic